GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so hilarious if the economy continued to improve through November and Santorum was the Republican nominee and was mostly arguing social issues. :lol:

Wow, who ARE these Neanderthals??

Appearing of MSNBC with Andrea Mitchell today, Foster Friess, the main donor to the Super PAC backing Rick Santorum’s presidential bid, dismissed the controversy surrounding President Obama’s new birth control rule by suggesting that women should just keep their legs shut. Asked if he worried that Santorum’s Puritanical views on sex and social issues could hurt the candidate in the general election, Friess offered a more home-spun family planning scheme:

FRIESS: On this contraceptive thing, my gosh, it’s so inexpensive. You know, back in my days, they used Baer Aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly.

:|

here they are:

Contraceptive-Hearing_all-men.png

my earlier youtube link was to that interview with Andrea Mitchell.

Just a certain kind of old white guy who came of age in the 50s and isn't much in touch with current social culture, tends to refer to women as "gals" and "broads" and effects a characteristic fake-jovial manner to soften his paternalism. I've known quite a few...

ETA -- haha, I just remembered something. Didn't Palin herself call Santorum a "knuckle-dragging Neanderthal" last time around?

Last edited:
What a circus! As long as none of these clowns get anywhere near the White House I guess it's fine entertainment.

Gotta say I was pretty shocked to discover these were the legitimate views of legitimate presidential candidates. I always thought the democrats/republicans divide was not too dissimilar to the labor/liberal divide over here: just two parties with some contrasting ideologies but no extreme or gob-smackingly ignorant views. But I am slowly learning that this is not the case in the States. It's quite scary to know that some of these GOP nominees have such large followings and could perceivably win the next election.

Gotta say I was pretty shocked to discover these were the legitimate views of legitimate presidential candidates. I always thought the democrats/republicans divide was not too dissimilar to the labor/liberal divide over here: just two parties with some contrasting ideologies but no extreme or gob-smackingly ignorant views. But I am slowly learning that this is not the case in the States. It's quite scary to know that some of these GOP nominees have such large followings and could perceivably win the next election.

It is.

But see, to those supporting these candidates, they look at these guys and state that these people are promoting a return to "good, Christian family values", unlike those heathen lefties. So the followers look past all the nutty stuff because of that.

The religious right still has a hold here in the States. A small one, perhaps, but it still exists, and we still have people who think your belief systems are an automatic indicator of whether or not you'll be a good president.

heh. i was on a facebook news page earlier today, and even though someone advocated shooting the president, someone said "lot of liberals here".

i was only commenting because the other comments hurt my brain through idiocy relating to aviation procedures, but jeeeesus.

It is.

But see, to those supporting these candidates, they look at these guys and state that these people are promoting a return to "good, Christian family values", unlike those heathen lefties. So the followers look past all the nutty stuff because of that.

The religious right still has a hold here in the States. A small one, perhaps, but it still exists, and we still have people who think your belief systems are an automatic indicator of whether or not you'll be a good president.

One of those people unfortunately writes for one of (maybe it is the biggest, not sure) the biggest daily metropolitan newspapers in Australia.

Presidential hopefuls marry family with politics | Daily Telegraph Miranda Devine Blog

She seems to be suggesting that a lengthy, heterosexual marriage is the only quality worth having if you're a prospective president.

So, and again excuse my total ignorance on the subject... but are you all hoping that the republican party eventually ceases to exist? Or becomes such a minority that a democratic party will always win? Or are there republican politicians out there capable of doing the job who won't send the country back to the "good old days"?

Frankly at this point Obama would have to fuck a sheep to not get elected.

That, or...

1) Be the president in office when gas hits five bucks a gallon
2) Be the president in office when gas hits five bucks a gallon, and also be the same president who rejected the pipeline.

Well don't all tribes people in Kenya do this?

No, BVS. He's an American. Why do you repeatedly perpetuate this smear? It's the same as Irvine repeatedly referring to him as "boy." You guys are the only ones in here doing that. :rolleyes:

2861, does the GOP still not have members or candidates perpetuating this or at least hinting to it? Be honest.

How high did gas get under Bush? And how high were the predictions? You either have a very short memory, or you're not being honest with yourself.

That, or...

2) Be the president in office when gas hits five bucks a gallon, and also be the same president who rejected the pipeline.

what rational thinking person would vote for Mitt Romney, the phoniest person in the history of politics (and that's quite the accomplishment), or Rick Santorum, a living, breathing, walking pile of shit?

i'm not saying Obama should be reelected. Honestly I think he's done a mediocre job at best. All the republicans would have to do is put somebody with a pulse up for election and they'd win... and they can't even do that. It's like 2004 all over again, only now the shoe is on the other foot.

Obama will win reelection not because he's just been so super duper, rather simply because the other party is to inept to nominating a viable candidate. Just like Bush in '04.

cobl04 said:

The one thing I'll say is that, right now, it's the primary season, so these candidates are pitching to the right-of-the-right here in the US. Even though the base has gotten increasingly conservative (while much of the rest of the country lives in the 21st century), a lot of this rhetoric will soon be dropped When they select a candidate and he goes up against Obama the candidates will fight for the middle and many of these views will be drastically moderated.

Or I could be wrong, and the GOP could put up Santorum and lose in a colossal landslide.

Just remember that what you're hearing is a message pitched for maybe 20% of the overall electorate.

That, or...

So now it's the president that controls the global oil prices?

And you think that accepting the pipeline would drop global price of oil so that Americans don't pay five bucks a gallon?

What alternate economic universe is this?

what rational thinking person would vote for Mitt Romney, the phoniest person in the history of politics (and that's quite the accomplishment)

images

In a league of his own.

or Rick Santorum, a living, breathing, walking pile of shit?

Reading the past weeks posts here I have to ask.

Is some sort of prize being awarded for the most derogatory ad hominem attack while completely avoiding substantive discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom