GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, after watching back Gingrich's reaction to King on TV just now, when King asked him about the whole thing with his second ex-wife...sorry, but god, somebody needs to just slap him hard across the face and confront him with every single bit of hypocrisy he's expressed right to him. Not that it'd probably change Gingrich at all, he won't care, but still, it just needs to be done.

Also, after seeing Gingrich's reaction, and hearing the people in the audience applaud him for "sticking up" to that "evil, mainstream media" attack, it's official: "Family values" voters and politicians really should just shut their mouths. If there was any further proof needed of their complete and total lack of credibility, that debate would be a perfect example.

also, yes, the debate was boring as hell. even Brad Goreski is more interesting.

Is it pathetic that I know who he is? Answer, yes.

Real Housewives Beverly Hills was good, Pandora's dress was gorgeous. Lisa looked ridiculous as motb. Supposedly her daughter wanted her to look that way. Giggy looked less ridiculous.

Is it pathetic that I know who he is? Answer, yes.

Real Housewives Beverly Hills was good, Pandora's dress was gorgeous. Lisa looked ridiculous as motb. Supposedly her daughter wanted her to look that way. Giggy looked less ridiculous.

I actually love Bev Hills House Wives.

Kyle is the best
Camille 2nd
Taylor 3rd.
Kim-4th.

the rest are kinda blah, Lisa makes me ill.

Oh and Mitt is only down 5 points in Florida down, he's getting his swag back, check it:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_FL_123.pdf

<>

Yeah, really, what exactly IS the deal with all these endless debates? Why so many?

According to wikipedia last night was the 18th debate for the 2012 Republican nomination.

The Democrats had 26 debates in 2007/08.
The Republicans had 21 in 2007/08.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. We need more people paying attention to these debates, even if they aren't planning on voting Republican, than say...watching reality Housewife drivel.

Sorry guys...you have to admit it's garbage. :wink:

According to wikipedia last night was the 18th debate for the 2012 Republican nomination.

The Democrats had 26 debates in 2007/08.
The Republicans had 21 in 2007/08.

Huh. I remember watching some of those debates, too. Maybe they were a bit more spaced out or something, I dunno.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. We need more people paying attention to these debates, even if they aren't planning on voting Republican, than say...watching reality Housewife drivel.

Sorry guys...you have to admit it's garbage. :wink:

Honestly, I don't know which of the two would zap my IQ points more :p.

(I've never watched any of the "Housewives" shows, just seen clips when others talk about them on TV. Not my bag at all, but eh, to each their own)

Gingrich in an interview on Christian Broadcasting Network this morning, with the same interviewer he'd told 'I did things that weren't appropriate because of how passionately I love my country...' last spring.

CBN (David Brody): I’m curious; when I talk to evangelicals they bring up the word forgiveness. They say you know what, the media wants to bash you for the past, for some of the marital issues of the past, but yet, when I talk to evangelicals, they’re like been there, done that, regarding forgiveness. And that is very important. What does that say to you? The sentiment of forgiveness from evangelicals?

Newt Gingrich: Well, I think it’s important. It’s also important that they recognize that I have not hidden from the facts of my life, that I have confessed my weaknesses, and that I have had to go to God for forgiveness and for reconciliation. And I think most people can identify, either with themselves or with loved ones, that life has moments that are very sad, you wish wouldn’t have occurred. And you look back on them and you seek forgiveness for not having done everything you could have.

So, I think in that sense, it may make me more normal than somebody who wanders around seeming perfect and maybe not understanding the human condition, and the challenges of life for normal people.
The Brody File (CBN), Jan. 24

Vacations, Ayers, golf... This is what these talking heads are saying on a daily basis. I just didn't think anyone outside the nut job right even gave these a second thought. You don't seem like one of them, so I've found these points being sprinkled in your posts to be confusing.

They do? I haven't heard anyone mention the Ayers thing in a while, othen than my recent post, then again i watch mostly NBC nightly news or CNN. I do get the vacation reference. Lets put it this way, when times are good and people are prospering, and our budget isn't in bad shape, people would care less about how many vacations or golf games a potus takes in. These aren't the best of times, so naturally people who are having a hard time making ends meet are taking note every time that Michelle goes on a very costly vacation or Barry is playing golf again, or whatever.

On the other hand, we had a decent economy during most of the Bush years (by comparison to today) and he was hammered for the amount of times he went to Crawford and even depicted as a goof in Michael Moore's "documentary" riding around on golf carts with daddy Bush, fishing, hanging out at the ranch, etc, meanwhile soldiers were dying in Iraq.

I guess that works both ways :cabbagepatch:

I do appreciate the compliment though, i honestly don't have any idea how many vacations Michelle has taken, at what cost to the taxpayer and the environment, or how many rounds of golf Barry has played, etc. Though it was mentioned during the debate last night....something about 90 rounds of golf. Anyway, no-one is above criticism.

i was responding to what i thought was a cheap shot. :shrug:

I think you are being a little hyper sensitive, please see above for my explanation on why.

If Romney gets the nomination, i will do my part to make sure Barry has the rest of his life to play golf at our expense, thanks to a very nice retirement he will have earned.

If Gingrich gets the nomination, i will do my part to make sure Barry has another 4 years to play another 90 rounds of golf, in between keeping the economy fairly stagnant, maintaining gridlock with congress, and the repeated threat of a government shutdown every few weeks. :sexywink::rimshot:

Cheers :hug:

^ Actually- and unfortunately- I think you're slightly wrong. If Gingrich is the nominee, there won't be much gridlock in Congress because Pelosi will be Speaker and it will be 2009-2011 all over again.

That's why I'm so bent on Romney's nomination. Even if there isn't much policy difference between he and Newt, I think it comes down to coattails, and there are only two plausible outcomes: Romney leads the GOP to winning everything or Newt leads the GOP to losing everything. I don't think there's a middle ground.

1. Romney could win everything.
2. Gingrich will/would lose everything.

3. Most likely, Obama will beat Romney, GOP will win Senate and keep the House.

this is odd

Pelosi On A Gingrich Presidency: "That Will Never Happen" | RealClearPolitics

a President Gingrich?"

Rep. Nancy Pelosi: "Let me just say this. That will never happen."
King: "Why?"

Pelosi: "He's not going to be President of the United States. That's not going to happen. Let me just make my prediction and stand by it, it isn't going to happen."

King: "Why are you so sure?"

Pelosi: "There is something I know. The Republicans, if they choose to nominate him that's their prerogative. I don't even think that's going to happen."

Gingrich in an interview on Christian Broadcasting Network this morning, with the same interviewer he'd told 'I did things that weren't appropriate because of how passionately I love my country...' last spring.

The Brody File (CBN), Jan. 24

:rolleyes:

They only reason they're "forgiving" you is because you are a conservative Republican. If this were a Democratic candidate these same people would be outraged and moaning and groaning about the moral fiber of this country.

there are only two plausible outcomes: Romney leads the GOP to winning everything or Newt leads the GOP to losing everything. I don't think there's a middle ground.

really? i can imagine a scenario where Romney beats Obama, but i cannot see Romney having such coattails.

Fair enough. Maybe it isn't "coattails" as much as it is "the GOP will likely hold the House and win the Senate as long as we don't have a completely radioactive candidate."

:rolleyes:

They only reason they're "forgiving" you is because you are a conservative Republican. If this were a Democratic candidate these same people would be outraged and moaning and groaning about the moral fiber of this country.

Exactly. How difficult is this for Gingrich and his supporters to understand-the attacks are coming at him because: 1) he's going around talking about the "sanctity of marriage" while having numerous affairs; 2) he cheated on women who were very sick to boot.

The affairs in and of themselves are not the problem. All the stuff surrounding it is. And it's stuff that isn't worthy of being "okay" with, or "forgiving" so easily.

And his comments at the end about "walking around acting all perfect" and such...given his attitude towards same sex marriage, that really made me want to laugh.

I can't ever forsee a Gingrich presidency, either-he'll ride his wave he's got going now, and then it'll die for one reason or another.

But, if on the complete and total off chance I woke up one morning in November to find out he was to be our president, I'd be looking at getting a passport and hightailing it to Canada post-haste.

Nate Silver has Nooters 7 points up in Florida at the moment.

This glourious scorched earth destruction of the Republican primaries he is bringing is sure fun as all fuck to watch :wink:

m7GHa.jpg

The Republican establishment will never accept Gingrich as a viable candidate, and Newt is basically doing the Democrats' bidding now, setting up the case against Romney during the primaries.

It's.....so.....beautiful :sad:

This is very "odd"?!?!?!

"there is something I know" ??????

WTF??????

Well, besides John King handing Newt the nomination on a CNN silver platter this may be even crazier - when Repubs see the cockiness of Pelosi and wonder about that "there is something I know" comment it can only go in Gingritch's favour. Man, I'm no Newt fan and I get angry at the cockiness of this woman?!?! Imagine what Republicans will feel.

it seemed like a bit of a dare
and that would be red meat for the GOP

and yes, John King must have got some of that 5 million pac money donated for Newt's cause.

well played

Pelosi sat on the committee investigating Gingrich for ethics violations when he was Speaker of the House, back in 1997, so it's at least possible she "knows something" about him that others don't. (In the end he was reprimanded by the House, by a 395-28 vote, and fined $300,000.) Still came across tacky on her part.

Newt splains it all

“How can you have the mess we have in New Orleans, and not have had deep investigations of ...
the failure of citizenship in the Ninth Ward, where 22,000 people were so uneducated and so unprepared, they literally couldn’t get out of the way of a hurricane.”

—Speaking at CPAC, 5/3/07

with Newt you get a two-fer

a chance to have a First Lady, that as an adult, for over eight years, behaved in a 100% morally bankrupt way on a daily basis

for those that believe sneaking around and having a sexual relationship with your married boss is wrong.

Christ, what an asshole.

First of all it's true isn't it?

Secondly, it has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with generational dependency on government.

The full quote by the way.
How can you have the mess we have in New Orleans, and not have had deep investigations of the federal government, the state government, the city government, and the failure of citizenship in the Ninth Ward, where 22,000 people were so uneducated and so unprepared, they literally couldn't get out of the way of a hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom