GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Huntsman will be on the upswing now, Santorum better watch out.

I've been hearing a lot of pundits the last couple days say that Santorum could finish a close second in NH, and I just don't see it. Romney will get 40, Paul will get his usual 15-18, Huntsman's persistent retail politicking will pay off somewhat (as it did for Santorum in IA) and he'll get 12-15, and I don't see Santorum doing any better than 4th place with 10 or so. I'm wondering what those who are predicting a strong Santorum showing are basing that on, because it's not the current polls. :shrug:

20-30 hedonist sycophants may love him for their own hedonist reasons

ah, okay. here's the real reason, along with his dislike of bombing foreign countries for little to no reason at all.

no wonder that it's always Republicans busted for kinky sex scandals. all that repression.

I think mitt came out just fine in that exchange..the reporter had an agenda..and came across as an instigator..that got slapped into submission..

Ron Paul:

He's not a Republican, but a Libertarian posing as a Republican, basically making him a fraud, having no real integrity by misrepresentation; a distraction in the GOP field.

20-30 hedonist sycophants may love him for their own hedonist reasons, in the end he doesn't represent most of GOP-he's a side show.

<>

Perhaps.

But why did you not complain when the neo-con wingnuts and religious reich wing took over the Republican party?

diamond said:
I think mitt came out just fine in that exchange..the reporter had an agenda..and came across as an instigator..that got slapped into submission..

How DARE a journalist challenge a candidate!

Perhaps.

But why did you not complain when the neo-con wingnuts and religious reich wing took over the Republican party?

Eh, lesser of 2 evils, glad to see Newt looking more like a turd in a punch bowl these days-the more he whines and complains.

<>

It strikes me funny that all the GOP candidates are finding themselves in battle with people lately-reporters, voters, each other. They seem awfully easily rattled when someone dares to try and challenge them.

I read the story about Santorum being booed in New Hampshire. Good for those people for calling him out on his BS on the gay marriage issue. He actually said in the article I read that the burden is on same-sex supporters to prove their argument true.

Also, note to Gingrich and Santorum...you know, MY family's used food stamps before. And last I checked, we're about as white as white can get.

To continue with the Walking Human Piece of Shit meme, Santorum is channelling Emperor Palpatine this week.

Reporting from Manchester, N.H.—
For the second time in as many days, Rick Santorum waded into the issue of gay marriage, suggesting it was so important for children to have both a father and mother that an imprisoned father was preferable to a same-sex parent.

Citing the work of one anti-poverty expert, Santorum said, "He found that even fathers in jail who had abandoned their kids were still better than no father at all to have in their children's lives."

Allowing gays to marry and raise children, Santorum said, amounts to "robbing children of something they need, they deserve, they have a right to. You may rationalize that that isn't true, but in your own life and in your own heart, you know it's true." [LA Times]

Ha ha, what a train wreck of a party. I can't take any one of them seriously.

The GOP had it made, Obama's had a bumpy first term and everyone is distrusting of the system; this should have been a breeze. But this is the bunch they gave us? This is your party? What a joke...

Ha ha, what a train wreck of a party. I can't take any one of them seriously.

The GOP had it made, Obama's had a bumpy first term and everyone is distrusting of the system; this should have been a breeze. But this is the bunch they gave us? This is your party? What a joke...

No kidding. If I were a Republican voter, I'd be deeply embarrassed that this is the best they could find.

As for that link of Santorum quotes...wow. He's even more of a dipshit than I realized. Comparing gay marriage to this:

“This is an issue just like 9/11. We didn't decide we wanted to fight the war on terrorism because we wanted to. It was brought to us.

...what? No, seriously...WHAT?

Shut the hell up, Santorum.

ABC will have a debate on in 3 hours and then there will be one tomorrow on Mitt the Press

It will be interesting to see how desperate and nasty Gingrich will go.

and if Gingrich, Paul and Santorum will try and take each other out to be the surviving not-Romney candidate.

ABC will have a debate on in 3 hours and then there will be one tomorrow on Mitt the Press

That's what NO v Detroit is for.

Mitt the Press? Is he the new host? :wink:

Good weather predicted so far for Tuesday so that shouldn't be a problem for turnout. It was almost 60 today :drool:

It will be interesting to see how desperate and nasty Gingrich will go.

and if Gingrich, Paul and Santorum will try and take each other out to be the surviving not-Romney candidate.

That's what I don't get- why they would all go after Romney rather than each other. I don't think most of Romney's support is going anywhere at this point.

A couple new polls in NH show Romney about 30 points ahead of Gingrich, Huntsman and Santorum (Paul does better, low 20s, but I'm not counting him). If he wins there by 25-30, he gets serious momentum into SC where- don't look now- he's leading in the two most recent polls.

Should things get ugly, at least Mitt's catching a break with the likely low ratings of these debates. :up:

i'm thinking Mittens pretty much has this sewn up.

i'm quite curious to see just how nuclear Noot actually goes, and, since he was destroyed over the course of a mere 2-3 days by the establishment, if he's given some order of silence before long so as not to further damage the inevitable nominee.

Paul blasts Gingrich for skipping military

By Peter Schroeder - 01/07/12 09:36 PM ET

Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) jabbed at Newt Gingrich during Saturday night's Republican presidential debate for not serving in the military while advocating for foreign intervention as a candidate.
Paul had previously called Gingrich a "chickenhawk" for avoiding military service in his younger years, and did not back off from that line of attack during an ABC News/Yahoo! debate in New Hampshire.

"I'm trying to stop these wars, but at least I went when called," he told Gingrich.

The former House Speaker fired back in a seething response, accusing Paul of having "a long history of saying things that are inaccurate and false...I personally resent the kind of comments and aspersions he typically makes."
He went on to say that his father was a long-time member of the military with multiple tours of duty, adding, "I have a pretty good idea of what it's like in a family to worry."

He maintained that he never asked for a deferment, but did not serve because he was married and had a child. Paul rebutted by saying he served in the military while married and with two children.

Paul's call for little to no foreign intervention by America's military separates him from most of the GOP field, but the man who served in the Air Force said candidates with no military experience have "no right to send our kids off to war."

"I have a pet peeve that annoys me to a great deal because when I see these young men coming back, my heart weeps for them," he said.

Newt deserves to be called out on his draft-dodging.

Paul and Romney: A
Gingrich and Perry: B
Santorum: High C
Huntsman: Low C

Romney really wasn't attacked that much, and when he was he responded adequately. More than all the others he focused on President Obama.

Kind of disappointed in some of the content. Too much time spent on Ron Paul's newletters, contraception, infrastructure, other minor things.

I haven't really watched it, have it on the dvr, in case there was a major shake up that I would want to see in real time and context.

How DARE a journalist challenge a candidate!

Where the hell were these journalists when Obama was running in 2008?

Sure they made a big deal about Reverend Wright, which in turn caused Obama to quit that awful church. But what about Ayers, Rezko? Aside from Faux News, who was questioning his experience, or lack thereof? Nobody. So we get the least qualified candidate for the job...ever...in the most perilous of economic times.

Maybe they were out there, and these videos just didn't pop up. Or maybe they did and my memory is a bit foggy. Whatever.

I will take Obama anyday on social issues; but economically this country is not better today than it was 4 years ago. That is the reason he's losing the youthful demographic to Ron Paul. Thats 76 year old Ron Paul too, btw. Old enough to be a grandpa to his most ardent supporters, he's their Chuck Norris. Now if they can all just get hired on as Texas Rangers....then MISSON ACCOMPLISHED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom