GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you establishment Republican types really do hate him because he's against perpetual war in the Middle East, don't you.

I'd like a few more to quickly drop out so all that is left are Romney v Paul v one of the two remaining Christian Crazies, and I'd like them to properly have at it. I'd like to see their three ideologies properly pushed and promoted and challenged - but it won't happen.

for the life of me -- and i say this as a red-blooded American homosexual -- i cannot understand how any human being on the face of the planet would fuck Newt Gingrich.

Just to note in passing as another example of the double standards of the liberal left, this type of comment wouldn't be tolerated here or elsewhere if it was made by a right-winger about a middle aged female politician.

Santorum’s voting record shows that he embraced George Bush–style “big-government conservatism.” For example, he supported the Medicare prescription-drug benefit and No Child Left Behind.

He never met an earmark that he didn’t like. In fact, it wasn’t just earmarks for his own state that he favored, which might be forgiven as pure electoral pragmatism, but earmarks for everyone, including the notorious “Bridge to Nowhere.” The quintessential Washington insider, he worked closely with Tom DeLay to set up the “K Street Project,” linking lobbyists with the GOP leadership.

He voted against NAFTA and has long opposed free trade. He backed higher tariffs on everything from steel to honey. He still supports an industrial policy with the government tilting the playing field toward manufacturing industries and picking winners and losers.

The truth is Rick Santorum is so left on the issues that matter he makes even Mitt Romney look like a red meat conservative. Be very afraid, Republican America. This is how bad things are.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/c...um-would-be-a-disaster-for-the-us-2979277.htm

Just to note in passing as another example of the double standards of the liberal left, this type of comment wouldn't be tolerated here or elsewhere if it was made by a right-winger about a middle aged female politician.
Just to note in passing, during the 2008 elections I remember on various occasions specific posters referring to HRC as a bitch, a termagant, a hag, a witch, and then there were the continuous shrill hysterics and weirdly fetishism-tinged rants of one particular individual that went on for months. Though I don't recall the f-word specifically being invoked, if that's the operative measure here.

Personally I'm content just to label Newt Gingrich a grandiose, petty, imperious windbag with a crackpot streak a mile wide. Whether he also happens to be a decently competent flirt one-on-one when he wants to be, I'd have no idea.

Newt is a noted womanizer, has been married three times, and was carrying on an affair during the Lewinsky scandal in 1998 and 1999.

don't know of any middle-aged female politicians guilty of the same.

looking back, my comment probably was inappropriate. but to view Gingrich's personal history -- and political crusades, against woman and gay people -- as equivalent to any run-of-the-mill female politician, or against HRC in particular, isn't quite accurate.

it was also, in my mind at least, more of a commentary on his overall asshole personality and not quite as much on his girth, looks, lack of style, or bad haircut.

(all of which a female politician would have long since gotten her gays to correct as she'd be acutely aware that she's always being judged on her pantsuits and hairstyles)

Well Newt allegedly said that his first wife, the one who had cancer when he divorced her (whatever the real story about that is), wasn't young enough or pretty enough to be First Lady. Apparently he has an inflated sense of his own attractiveness :shrug: Does he meet the attractiveness requirements for President, or do those only exist for females and/or First Ladies?

I have no interest in Newt Gingrich's personal life. All I know about him is that some on the right seem to revere him as some kind of intellectual powerhouse, a point of view I cannot understand.

As for HRC, I would hope I did not participate in the type of comments cited by Yolland in 2008. HRC's neocon-lite politics are more than enough to damn her in my eyes, no need to get into the nasty personal stuff.

Glad we all agree that lookist comments are inappropriate whether directed at male or female politicians.

Gingrich seems to be purely about power - it's his right/destiny, and whatever it takes - and along with all that vengeful, hateful side, there's probably a hell of a lot of paranoia. So as a president, he'd probably be heading straight for a (less smart) Nixon territory.

Gingrich seems to be purely about power - it's his right/destiny, and whatever it takes - and along with all that vengeful, hateful side, there's probably a hell of a lot of paranoia. So as a president, he'd probably be heading straight for a (less smart) Nixon territory.

i think he's less about power and more about intellectual validation. many blogs point to how he continually uses the words "profoundly" "fundamentally" "deeply" "frankly" -- kind of like an undergrad, and the kind of words that not-smart people think smart people use -- and comes out with Prince-like apocalyptic pronouncements on the State of Democracy or The Human Condition.

he originally got into this to sell more books, which he's written a lot of, and now it's about intellectual validation via the destruction of "establishment" (and, once the general election starts, generally mainstream) Republicans like Romney.

i think he wants power insofar as it would enable him to conduct his supervillan schemes.

this is fun: Play the Game | Supervillain or Newt

I never called Hillary anything other than a shrew.

shrew/SHro͞o/
Noun:

A small mouselike insectivorous mammal (Sorex, Crocidura, and other genera, family Soricidae) with a long pointed snout and tiny eyes.

A bad-tempered or aggressively assertive woman.

A scolding, evil-tempered woman

You also posted a picture of her as a witch. And commented on her cellulite.

Ron Paul Supporter | CNN Loses Feed | Mediaite

Conspiracy theories abounded during last night’s CNN Iowa caucus election coverage when a Dana Bash interview with a Ron Paul-supporting caucus goer, Jesse Thorsen, was interrupted by technical difficulties.

Or was it?

Bash met with Corporal Jesse Thorsen at a caucus site, and asked what he had liked about the Republican Congressman:

BASH: We have here Corporal Jesse Thorsen, who is 28 years old, and you are active duty US Army. Why did you vote for Ron Paul?

THORSEN: I’m really excited about a lot of his ideas, especially when it comes to bringing the soldiers home. I’ve been serving for ten years now, and all ten years of those have been during wartime. I would like to see a little peace time army, and I think he has the right idea.

BASH: You’ve done two tours and you’re going to go back for a third tour. You can see — your neck right there, a tattoo, 9/11, remember, and a picture of the twin towers. Some Republicans have been saying that Ron Paul would be very dangerous for this country, because he wants to bring troops like you back from your post from all over the world.

THORSEN: Well, I think it would be even more dangerous to start nitpicking wars with other countries. Someone like Iran, Israel is more than capable of –

All of a sudden, CNN’s feed was lost, and Wolf Blitzer tried to explain what happened.

“All right. We just lost our connection, unfortunately, with Dana. Dana, stand by, if we can hear you, we’ll get back.”

Innocuous technical issues or something more dark and sinister?

“It’s absolutely clear what happened here,” said one Paul fan on his YouTube channel. “The powers that be at CNN cut this guy off because he stood for everything that he shouldn’t. He was one soldier who was too smart for his own good.”

Reddit lit up with conspiratorial Ron Paul supporters crying foul.

Later in the evening, Paul singled out Thorsen for his support.

Huffington Post’s Jason Linkins notes that the soldier violated protocol by wearing his uniform while participating in political activities, citing Defense Department Directive 1344.10:

4.1.1. A member of the Armed Forces on active duty may:
[...]
4.1.1.9. Attend partisan and nonpartisan political fundraising activities, meetings, rallies, debates, conventions, or activities as a spectator when not in uniform and when no inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement can reasonably be drawn.
[...]
4.1.2. A member of the Armed Forces on active duty shall not:
4.1.2.1. Participate in partisan political fundraising activities (except as permitted in subparagraph 4.1.1.7.), rallies, conventions (including making speeches in the course thereof), management of campaigns, or debates, either on one’s own behalf or on that of another, without respect to uniform or inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement. Participation includes more than mere attendance as a spectator.
[...]
4.1.2.5. Speak before a partisan political gathering, including any gathering that promotes a partisan political party, candidate, or cause.
4.1.2.6. Participate in any radio, television, or other program or group discussion as an advocate for or against a partisan political party, candidate, or cause.

shrew/SHro͞o/
Noun:

A small mouselike insectivorous mammal (Sorex, Crocidura, and other genera, family Soricidae) with a long pointed snout and tiny eyes.

Isn't the Internet great, where whatever you say never really disappears and can come back to haunt you?

Rick Santorum’s foreign policy: combative hawk–and, according to Bono, “defender of the vulnerable” | The Envoy - Yahoo! News

Rick Santorum--the surprise almost-first-place finisher in the Iowa GOP presidential caucus Tuesday--advocates a hawkish, internationalist and compassionate foreign policy deeply informed by his socially conservative, Roman Catholic faith.

Santorum had been a prominent leader in the GOP Senate caucus from 2001 through 2007, when he served as the chair of the Senate Republican Policy conference. The Pennsylvania lawmaker had been "a big supporter of AIDS funding in the Senate," a former Santorum staffer told Yahoo News Wednesday on condition of anonymity because she does not work for campaign. "He took the lead in funding for African development. He cares a lot about the underdog."

At the same time, Santorum has also been a consistent hawk when it comes to projecting U.S. power abroad, advocating a more aggressive American posture toward regimes in Syria, Iran and China. And like many conservative lawmakers, Santorum has taken an extremely pro-Israel line on the perennially-stalemated Middle East peace process. He had served on the Senate Armed Services committee for eight years, and was a principal author of legislation sanctioning the Syrian regime and promoting support to opponents of the Iranian regime.

"Rick has had intelligence briefings, he has been on the Senate armed services committee," said Barbara Ledeen, a former Santorum Senate aide, in a telephone interview with Yahoo News Wednesday.

"He has a deep concern about China, about the Middle East and about America's place in the world," Ledeen added. "He is well read and well informed. And he believes that America is a gift to the world."

Indeed, in 2006, Santorum earned a surprise--if somewhat backhanded--nod for his support for international anti-poverty work in Africa from U2 front-man and humanitarian activist Bono.

Santorum "has a kind of Tourette's disease," Bono told New York Times columnist David Brooks in 2006. "He will always say the most unpopular thing. But on our issues, he has been a defender of the most vulnerable."

i think he's less about power and more about intellectual validation. many blogs point to how he continually uses the words "profoundly" "fundamentally" "deeply" "frankly" -- kind of like an undergrad, and the kind of words that not-smart people think smart people use -- and comes out with Prince-like apocalyptic pronouncements on the State of Democracy or The Human Condition.

he originally got into this to sell more books, which he's written a lot of, and now it's about intellectual validation via the destruction of "establishment" (and, once the general election starts, generally mainstream) Republicans like Romney.

i think he wants power insofar as it would enable him to conduct his supervillan schemes.

this is fun: Play the Game | Supervillain or Newt

Condescending seems to most accurate word, he would have made a terriffice Liberal on NPR.

One thing and seems to be a mystery is what Calista sees in him, she is lovely to look at, although I haven't heard her speak.

<>

shrew/SHro͞o/
Noun:

Ok, the witch picture was a bit mean but meant to be sarcastic but the shrew was not totally inaccurate: the woman is aggressive, has a volatile temper and has erupted in public as well as privately, and she packs cellulite. So, that's that.

Welcome to the brutally honest, gender-less world of politics where one is scrutinized more than one can ever imagine.

I do think the Democrats were sexist for not electing her over Barry as she had much more experience.

<>

Condescending seems to most accurate word, he would have made a terriffice Liberal on NPR.

would this qualify as a *zing*?

One thing and seems to be a mystery is what Calista sees in him, she is lovely to look at, although I haven't heard her speak.

i'm sure she's not allowed, unless Newt asks her a direct question.

Ok, the witch picture was a bit mean but meant to be sarcastic but the shrew was not totally inaccurate: the woman is aggressive, has a volatile temper and has erupted in public as well as privately, and she packs cellulite. So, that's that.

Welcome to the brutally honest, gender-less world of politics where one is scrutinized more than one can ever imagine.

What does cellulite have to do with her intellectual abilities or her ability to be President or Secretary of State? Maybe Mitt has cellulite too, men can get it. I "pack" cellulite too. I'm not obese but cellulite happens. I can't afford to go get it removed and working out and losing weight doesn't get rid of it. It doesn't affect how my brain works.

Mitt Romney and all the other male candidates are also capable of having volatile tempers and erupting in public and private. I bet they can be very witchy.

What does cellulite have to do with her intellectual abilities or her ability to be President or Secretary of State? Maybe Mitt has cellulite too, men can get it. I "pack" cellulite too. I'm not obese but cellulite happens. I can't afford to go get it removed and working out and losing weight doesn't get rid of it. It doesn't affect how my brain works.

Mitt Romney and all the other male candidates are also capable of having volatile tempers and erupting in public and private. I bet they can be very witchy.

If Chris Christie were the GOP primary race I'm sure his weight issue would be mentioned here.

And if Mitt, Newt or others have cellulite, bitchy witchy melt downs and so on and so forth, they'll be posted or have been posted.

I'm sure if they're out there: you or someone will post them as history here demonstrates

In the end, you are one of the most the prolific posters in this forum-so knock yourself out if you want.

:)
<>

Well, I'm sure if they're out there: you'll post them if you want.
Cellulite, bitchy witchy melt downs and so on and so forth.

You are quite the prolific poster in this forum.

:)
<>

Whatever dave.. <>

Yes cellulite doesn't prevent forum posting, unfortunately. One can also do certain chair exercises that might help with the appearance of cellulite but not completely eliminate it. I'm multitasking right now.

I wonder if Mitt's hair dye has seeped into his brain and affected his abilities, maybe you can diamondinvestigate.

If Chris Christie were the GOP primary race I'm sure his weight issue would be mentioned here.

yes, agreed, though a difference might be that, 1) Christie's weight is more of a health condition/concern, in the way that, say, McCain's recurrent skin cancer is a condition/concern, and 2) men haven't been traditionally marginalized for being overweight. no, it isn't fair, but there just seems something at least a little bit refreshing when men are the victims of the double standards they've placed on others for so long.

also, i saw Hillary once walking through DCA. yes, she does have cellulite. she also looks *perfect* from the shoulders up -- flawless hair and makeup.

Chris Christie could still get elected President at his current weight. A woman his size and weight? Don't think so.

I don't care what he weighs, I just care what he says and thinks and does as a governor. If he was President he should just have a good VP, because his weight might be dangerously unhealthy. Secretary Clinton travels all over the world on a very vigorous schedule, as far as I know her cellulite has not been an issue in her job performance. She has also never made Star Magazine's celebrity cellulite issue.

People are physically imperfect and flawed and I think that makes the world far more interesting. Even Steven Tyler has some man boobs going on.

Fucks sake Bono. Bipartisan greater cause Jesse Helms tearing up blah blah blah, whatever... this guy explicitly equated homosexuality with child rape and beastiality only last decade, probably only shortly before that (mostly) complimentary quote. Wish he'd draw a stronger line on that kind of thing sometimes. It's not Tourette's, he's just a complete fuckwit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom