GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3 - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #681
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Yeeeeeeeah, I couldn't defend that kind of a position, either. To take money from people who want to spew shit like this:

Quote:
The articles included racial, anti-Semitic and anti-gay content. They claimed, for example, that the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. “seduced underage girls and boys’’; they ridiculed black activists by suggesting that New York be named “Zooville” or “Lazyopolis”; and they said the 1992 Los Angeles riots ended “when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks.’’ The June 1990 edition of the Ron Paul Political Report included the statement: “Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities.”
would mean you'd have to have no conscience whatsoever. There's plenty of people out there, politicians or no, that you could recruit to properly deal with the drug/war issues we face who don't have ties to such despicable beliefs like those mentioned in the papers.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #682
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500

Don't take my word for it. Just ask this ex-sixties college radical.
i am in a class taught by one of the guys on his dangerous professors list. great class. horowitz is a fuckhead.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #683
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan 12/17/11
i hate this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
i am in a class taught by one of the guys on his dangerous professors list.
I rest my case.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #684
Blue Crack Addict

Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #685
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:39 AM

Don't think this will be appreciated here, but you should know this story about Mitt:

On Mitt's character....

Quote:
Sometimes, this facet of Romney’s personality isn’t so subtle. In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York, and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter. Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone.

That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey, where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day. Romney’s former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter’s life, saying, “It was the most amazing thing, and I’ll never forget this to the day I die.”

So, here’s my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can’t help himself. He sees a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn’t do it for self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that’s just how he’s wired.

Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar. When Romney went to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary for three years, and wouldn’t use an expense account. He also accepted no salary as Governor of Massachusetts.

Actually: character does matter
in a leader.

<>
Old 01-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #686
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
I rest my case.
Yep, because we all know that one-off rants after hearing a bad story one day automatically reveal your general worldview.

I've said I hated people after hearing really horrific stories of people hurting or killing others. So I guess I must start preparing my anti-social cave to live in, huh?

I really hope you are just yanking people's chains, because if you're not, I feel very sorry for you.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #687
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
"Hey, we had an agenda and made a documentary supporting our preconceived notions."

This is no better than leftist Michael Moore worship.. I hope you're happy with that comparison, INDY.

Weeeeeeeee're alllllll out to get youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu and your kidssssssssssss, INDY, your vallllllllllllllues are allllllllllllll gonnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeee

Old 01-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #688
Blue Crack Addict

Jon Stewart On Newt’s Moon Base: He Wants To Leave The Earth ‘For A Younger Planet’ | Mediaite

"Stewart then played a clip of Gingrich jokingly suggesting he’d make it a state, which flummoxed Stewart, but soon he had it all figured out.

“I see what’s going on here, this isn’t about making new states. Newt Gingrich did that global warming ad with Nancy Pelosi realizing that the Earth is very sick–and now he wants to leave it for a younger planet!”
Old 01-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #689
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Romney had a pretty good debate tonight. Newt not so much. I'd expect Romney's slight lead in Florida to increase, he'll win on Tuesday, and it should be the beginning of the end as we head into Romney-friendly February.
Quote:
Rick Santorum (aka "The profoundly stupid person") was sharp as a tack tonight. Some of the best answers I've heard in any debate these past few months. His gain will most likely insure a Romney victory on Tuesday as he was much improved tonight as well.

No one hurt themselves but the bickering over who said what in which ad is tiresome.
I thought Romney had a great debate the other night, he bitch slapped Newt a few times which is always a good thing. And the look on Newt's face was priceless, as he clearly didn't see that coming. Also interesting was how Newt reacted to when the audience cheered for Romney and booed Newt, i thought he was going to throw another one of his tantrums.

Most of the Mitt vs. Newt moments were clearly in Romney's favor, the body language of the two candidates was very telling as well. Newt mostly stared at the ground or off into space when attacking Mitt, whereas Romney would turn and face Newt and attempt to look him in the eyes while addressing him. Perhaps Newt was too busy staring off into space, wishing he was on that moon colony.

Santorum sounded like a whiny bitch early in the debate when he appeared to get angry at the Newt and Romney bickering. Then he had some good moments later on and put Romney on the spot over health care. Personally i don't like Santorum, but im glad he's still in the race at this point because that possibly helps Romney.

Ive really come around to appreciate Ron Paul. My take is he is the most transparent of the men up on the stage. I don't agree with all of his positions but he's the "funny old guy" of the group who has nothing to lose but you know he wont win anything either. I suspect he's only hanging around because he believes in his message, and his supporters do as well, and he wants that message to get out to as many people as he can.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #690
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Also interesting was how Newt reacted to when the audience cheered for Romney and booed Newt, i thought he was going to throw another one of his tantrums.
Exactly. Someone on another site I visit occasionally said something like "So apparently Gingrich is only pleased if: A) the audience is allowed to make noise, and B) the audience's cheering has to favor Newt. If either of those things don't happen, then there's some sort of unfair bias against him."
Old 01-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #691
ONE
love, blood, life

As much as it hurts to admit many on the Left here were correct:
Sarah Palin is short sighted in her blind support of Newt, I've lost a lot of respect for her. She is too strident and unreasonable for public office after all, I stand corrected.

With Newt's behavior toward women and Sarah's unbridled passion for him, it really makes me question her judgement.

Also, Fred Thompson's support of Newt baffled me. That he came out for Newt only after So Carolina, when it felt it was "safe" to do so, spoke volumes.
He's a good ol' southern boy red neck after all-nice.

I was pleased to see people like Huckabee and others change their support for Romney this time around, in essence they evolved, while others have devolved.

<>
Old 01-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #692
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

^ I agree. And it's not just Palin, it's the bulk of the Tea Party that seems to be behind Newt.

I don't get it. If they don't like Mitt, that's halfway understandable. But at least be consistent with what you say you believe and get behind Santorum or Perry or Paul. I'd have no problem with that. But Newt? Newt is the last candidate the Tea Party should ever support.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #693
Blue Crack Addict

Are you guys only now beginning to realize that the Tea Party wasn't/isn't some well-organized, principled movement? That a number of them are ignorant of the issues or the platforms, that a number of them are actually racists (watch you come to their defence again on this) whose dislike of President Obama is deeply rooted in who he is rather than what he stands for and that a number of them have low education levels and have been used and co-opted by people like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin who feed them paranoid lies and untruths because they very well know that these people don't know any better?

Really?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #694
ONE
love, blood, life

Umm..yes..there are a few racists.

Although statistically speaking Ron Paul supporters are the most racist..esp anti semites.

Its a closeted view but spend 15 mins w a Ron Paul supporter and 75 per cent are anti semites..the rest are druggies..orgy minded folk 30 somethings.

As far as the tea party the majority of them are fiscally minded conservatives...but 40 per cent or more arr also short sighted emotionally crippled bible thumpers..and miss the big picture..sadly.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #695
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I disagree.

I think there are essentially two Tea Parties. The first- the one that I support and am proud to affiliate myself with- is a movement that is centered on government reform: term limits, less spending, tax reform, waiting periods to read bills, etc. Those ideas are what drove me to rallies a couple years ago, and I think this was the Tea Party that was the driving force in the 2009/2010 successes.

Then there's the Tea Party whose primary goal is to support the most conservative candidate in every election. For the most part, they're willing to overlook personal hypocrisy, lack of electability and time spent as a career politician in exchange for someone who makes them feel good, someone who endlessly references Reagan and someone who will call Obama a Kenyan Muslim. That's a Tea Party that I won't be a part of. And unfortunately, this is the Tea Party that seems to be winning at the moment.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #696
Blue Crack Addict

Term limits and campaign spending reform are two issues that really need to be redone if we're ever going to get anywhere.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #697
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:39 AM
Old 01-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #698
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I disagree.

I think there are essentially two Tea Parties. The first- the one that I support and am proud to affiliate myself with- is a movement that is centered on government reform: term limits, less spending, tax reform, waiting periods to read bills, etc. Those ideas are what drove me to rallies a couple years ago, and I think this was the Tea Party that was the driving force in the 2009/2010 successes.
And don't forget repeal of Obamacare.

Quote:
Then there's the Tea Party whose primary goal is to support the most conservative candidate in every election. For the most part, they're willing to overlook personal hypocrisy, lack of electability and time spent as a career politician in exchange for someone who makes them feel good, someone who endlessly references Reagan and someone who will call Obama a Kenyan Muslim. That's a Tea Party that I won't be a part of. And unfortunately, this is the Tea Party that seems to be winning at the moment.
Unfortunately it's much easier to elect Washington outsiders (who haven't contributed to the problem and understand the grave state of our Union) to Congress than the White House. That's why the nomination was Perry's until...

The Tea Party will have all sorts of candidates come 2016 (or 2020). This year, one last time, we'll have to suck it up and support the Dole/McCain/Romney safe/his turn, establishment candidate.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #699
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
With Newt's behavior toward women and Sarah's unbridled passion for him, it really makes me question her judgement.
The idea that any woman would support Newt for any reason of any kind is indeed a very strange one. Sarah's support is no surprise to me, though.

I actually do agree with 2861U2 about the "two Tea Parties". I think in some respects that is quite true. I will happily listen to and/or support discussion of and solutions to the things listed there for the first Tea Party mentioned. I have no argument with those ideas and definitely think it's possible for people of all political stripes to get together and come to some sort of agreement on working on and fixing those things.

But the second one, unfortunately, did wind up monopolizing the conversation and they're the "wackjobs" for the right that get featured on TV. Which isn't fair to those who have genuine, legitimate concerns worth hearing, but such is our media nowadays, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

Jon Stewart On Newt’s Moon Base: He Wants To Leave The Earth ‘For A Younger Planet’ | Mediaite

"Stewart then played a clip of Gingrich jokingly suggesting he’d make it a state, which flummoxed Stewart, but soon he had it all figured out.

“I see what’s going on here, this isn’t about making new states. Newt Gingrich did that global warming ad with Nancy Pelosi realizing that the Earth is very sick–and now he wants to leave it for a younger planet!”
I LOVED that quote so much . That whole segment was just great.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #700
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
This year, one last time, we'll have to suck it up and support the Dole/McCain/Romney safe/his turn, establishment candidate.
What, you think that the moneyed establishment is suddenly going to change its priorities in 4 years? Right-o.

Tags
gop, republican