GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot is said about blaming the "victims".

but lets be honest, without victims
crimes and catastrophes would not amount to much.

I'd like to think anyone with any sort of brain power would think that about him.

And given that Gingrich likely has never found himself in desperate, dire straits the way the people of New Orleans did after Katrina, for him to act like he does know what the real problem was with that disaster is laughable.

Newt was raised in a family where his father received a government paycheck and government paid health services were provided.

GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum explained his opposition to abortion even in cases of rape during an interview Friday, saying that women who face such circumstances should "make the best out of a bad situation."

Asked by CNN's Piers Morgan what he would do if his own daughter approached him, begging for an abortion after having been raped, Santorum explained that he would counsel her to "accept this horribly created" baby, because it was still a gift from God, even if given in a "broken" way.

"Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice, I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or she doesn't, it will always be her child, and she will always know that," Santorum said.

"And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I've always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created -- in the sense of rape -- but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you. As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life we have horrible things happen. I can't think of anything more horrible, but nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation and I would make the argument that that is making the best."

And this is not an easy choice, I understand that.

If he knows that, then maybe he should just keep his nose out of other people's business and let people do what they need to do.

Also, "to accept what God has given you". Well, one could turn around and question why God would allow a woman to be brutally victimized in the first place, but eh, whatever.

(I like, by the way, how gay marriage is seen as traumatizing to children by people who think the way Santorum does, because it'll "confuse" them and "upset" them when it comes to the "birds and the bees" talk, but when a child who was born out of rape asks where they came from and the mom has to explain such a concept to them, these same people don't seem to find that idea nearly as troubling or traumatizing to children)

I'm glad someone got that I was making a (stretch of a) Ghostbusters reference. :)

In other news, I don't give a flying fuck about anything Rick Santorum (also an asshole) has to say.

(At least for today. I reserve the right to give a fuck, flying or otherwise, tomorrow.)

First of all it's true isn't it?

Secondly, it has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with generational dependency on government.

The full quote by the way.
You're going to defend him for that? Dear Lord. He said the exact thing I would guess a complete shithead would say about it.

Finally some clarity.

For weeks Newt has been romanticizing about he and Reagan's 'special relationship' as if they had private lunches and dismantled Communism together over coffee and crumb cakes. That he was and is in fact the only Reagan de-facto protege, heir apparent-New Reagan of the 21st Century.

This is absolute fiction and Newt is a pathologically scary. Forget about sullying the reputation of the Republican Party with all the womanizing and adultery which is a large enough albatross in and of itself, Newt fought with Reagan all the time and disrespected him, read this piece:

Gingrich and Reagan - Elliott Abrams - National Review Online

Newt is a delusional.
The only thing to top this expose is to have Nancy Reagan come out and repudiate Newt lies about Newt's fictional relationship and then endorse Mitt.

<>

And nobody avoids confronting difficult issues with ad hominem smears of racism like liberals.

you're right. accusations of racism are way worse than real racism, and liberals are the true racists.

no food stamps for you unless you start earning money through janitorial work and learn better citizenship!

Newt knows *exactly* what he is doing. like whenever anti-choice folk think they are coy by bringing up Dred Scott.

he's the one most responsible for injecting the GOP with an adrenaline shot of resentment in 1994.

For weeks Newt has been romanticizing about he and Reagan's 'special relationship' as if they had private lunches and dismantled Communism together over coffee and crumb cakes. That he was and is in fact the only Reagan de-facto protege, heir apparent-New Reagan of the 21st Century.

This sums up the Republican party right now, use Reagan to win points, but not the factual Reagan, a make believe Reagan.

As much as I didn't like the real Reagan, he would be shunned by your party these days.

Seriously.

Newt may be a giant douchenozzle but to suggest that he's somehow unique in invoking Reagan is beyond disingenuous.

He doesn't simply invoke Reagan but takes it to higher extremes, you missed the point.

Newt is the disingenuous one, not Elliot Abrams who pointed it out.

His capacity to lie without flinching is amazingly pathological almost reaching Clintonian levels-something the country doesn't need again.

<>

I heard that whatever happens on the moon colony stays on the moon colony, if you know what I mean Newt :sexywink: Just think of the possibilities-not just America boners, but lunar boners too. I did it all for the space program, to infinity and beyond!

By NBC's Alex Moe

COCOA, Fla. -- Newt Gingrich promised Wednesday on Florida’s space coast to create a moon colony by 2020 if elected president.

"By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon. And it will be American," Gingrich told the crowd of roughly 700, taking them to their feet in applause.

The former House speaker said the current space program in the country is a "tragedy" and believes his "grandiose" ideas can help fix it.

"I am sick of being told we have to be timid and I'm sick of being told we have to be limited to technologies that are 50 years old," he said, noting that by 2020 he wants to be capable to go to Mars.

"We are not going to beat Barack Obama with some guy who has Swiss bank accounts, Cayman Island accounts, owns shares of Goldman Sachs who have foreclosed on Florida and is himself a stock holder in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, while he tries to think the rest of us are too stupid to put the dots together and understand what this is all about," Gingrich declared in a preamble to a decidedly angry stump speech.

"In 1992, he gave money to Democrats for Congress," he added at another point. "He voted in the Democratic primary for Paul Tsongas, the most liberal candidate. This is the man who stood up the other night and questioned my credentials as a Reaganite? This is the kind of gall they have, to think we are so stupid and we are so timid that we will let someone who voted for Paul Tsongas -– in 1994 he is running for the U.S. Senate to the left of Teddy Kennedy. Do you know how hard it is to run to the left of Teddy Kennedy? And he says, 'You know, I don’t want to go back to the Reagan-Bush years, I was an independent then.'"

"He won't tell you that now, because he is counting on us not having YouTube," Gingrich said. "That's how much he thinks we are stupid. And we are not stupid. The message we should give Mitt Romney is: we aren't that stupid and you aren't that clever."

Newt is getting mad again! :hyper:

Won't work in Florida. Less knuckle draggers.

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0168e5dfbd0a970c-pi

why, diamond ... you've grown! :hug:

Huffington Post

According to Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, America has lost not only its entertainment industry, but also its higher education system. "Higher education was the first to go, a long time ago," he said.

While speaking at the First Baptist Church in Naples, Florida on Wednesday, Santorum claimed that the Left uses universities to "indoctrinate" young people for the end purpose of maintaining power. "It's no wonder President Obama wants every kid to go to college," he said. :rolleyes: yeah I'm sure that's the reason

He also argued that colleges and universities would receive no funding if they taught Judeo-Christian principles, but by teaching radical secular ideology, these schools are given government backing. He then asserted that 62 percent of young people who enter college with a set of religious beliefs leave without one. The presidential candidate concluded his speech by urging his audience not to give their money to universities that are undermining that country by spreading left-wing ideology.

He then asserted that 62 percent of young people who enter college with a set of religious beliefs leave without one.

Even if that fact is correct, what's so wrong about that? People go into college and learn historical facts and realize that religion is hogwash? And that's a bad thing?

It will be hilarious in the year 2300 when Christianity is a small cult-like sect and everyone laughs that our leaders had such nonsensical notions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom