GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palin would wipe him off the stage.

image6185639x.jpg

I read newspapers.

All of them, Katie. All of them.

It's odd that many jump on Perry for that HUGE, campaign-ending gaffe, but assume Mitt Romney has any more of the grey matter or genuine concern for the American people.

I think he is simply a much better political candidate and can memorize his talking points.

Obama has done an unsatisfactory to mediocre at best job (considering the situation in Nov 2008), and as a centrist I would still pick him over any of the grinning idiots put up by the GOP this time out.

It's really a shame.

"Any time you're standing in front of however many million people we were and you have a loss of train of thought, sure. It impacts you. But the fact is one error is not going to make or break a campaign," Perry said.

I guess he's never heard of the "Dean Scream".

Cain said if Michele Bachmann had made a blunder like Perry, he would have gone over and given the little lady a big hug.

Lol im 16 and believe Romney is our best choice because hes honest and is not a stupid republican radical perry, bachman,Cain, (which i believe are all tea party members.. Hint hint ;) ) are all idiots that would ruin this country
I like romney.
Btw lmao at perrys skrew up
Education...ahhh epa uhhhh annnnd whats that called again?
I call it being and idiot

It's so weird how illogical people are when they're on the hunt for power...

1) It's pretty much impossible to win when the tide of the country (or at least its angriest voters) are moving in the opposite direction from your own party. Any Republican running for President in 2008 just seemed like a moron to me since Bush and his party had record low approval ratings. There's no way that deficit could be overcome. Kucinich would have eeked out a narrow victory over McCain.

2) If you're running in your party's primary and you noticeably hit a peak and then start plummeting down in the polling, it's over! Voters don't consider voting for a candidate en masse, back out, and then reallign with that candidate. Small fluctuations are a given, but not large ones. If you're somebody like Bacchman or Perry who were in the 20-30% polling range and then plummeted to single digits, you'd be wise to get out sooner than later. People fled from your camp for a reason. By this logic, Cain is pretty much doomed as well since these sexual allegations and his lack of adding anything new to the discussion since he came out with the 9-9-9 plan and will therefore lead to a drop.

The only non-Romney that should stay in the race is Gingrich. He has not had a peak and drop-off yet and therefore is the only one in the race that can presumably gain momentum and try and top Romney. People like Bachmann, Perry and Cain that continue to run only do so because they saw their name atop the polls and can't get the image of winning the nomination out of their heads. If any of those three had been wallowing in low digits for the entirety of their run, they'd probably have fled by this point.

Sure enough, this will be a two-pony race after Iowa and probably done not much longer after that. It will be the "John Kerry effect" again where winning the early primaries will steamroll everyone else.

The scuttlebutt this morning is that Gingrich may pull off a McCain 2008.

Yep. I made up my mind after watching last night's debate.

I've been saying for weeks that it won't be Romney and while I did think Gingrich could beat Obama, I didn't really think Newt had a shot to win the party's nom. Too much baggage...but hell, everyone including Obama has negatives.

They've got to choose someone. And I think it has become more and more apparent that he is their best shot. He fits both establishment and Tea Party.

And I think he'll win it.

based on your posts, I get that he is your favorite
I see you want to vote GOP, and strongly dislike Mitt

but my observations, is that Obama will creme Gingrich, if he gets the nomination.

based on your posts, I get that he is your favorite
I see you want to vote GOP, and strongly dislike Mitt

but my observations, is that Obama will creme Gingrich, if he gets the nomination.

He's not my favorite. It's objective observation. I am a former Republican and I live in a very Red State. Primary politics in the GOP isn't too hard to predict.

Yes, I do strongly dislike Mitt. What principled person wouldn't?

As far as voting GOP, short of Huntsman having any shot at all (and we all know he doesn't) I'll be supporting Obama again...begrudgingly.

And I have said as much.

ETA-
I see where you could think I was voting for Newt.
I said "made my mind up"...all I meant was in terms of predictions.

I think it is reasonable to want who one believes is the best candidate in each party.

One could say there is a 50/50 chance that person could be president.

As a 'moderate' I would rather see a flip/flopping Romney in the WH over an ideologue like Gingrich.

And I too, expect to vote for Obama again.

He's a laugh a minute

abcnews.com

After a week of refusing to answer questions regarding sexual harassment allegations, GOP frontrunner Herman Cain appeared Friday afternoon on Fox News with Neil Cavuto to address sexual harassment allegations, his recent Anita Hill joke and opinions on a few of his rivals.

On Friday, following an event in Kalamazoo, Mich., Cain was caught joking with supporters about Anita Hill, wondering whether the lawyer who accused Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment in 1991, a case many are comparing to his ongoing scandal, would endorse him.

Cain told Cavuto that he found one of the comments from a supporter to be hilarious. Cain said of his joke, “That was funny. That was hilarious because I would never in my wildest dreams expect her to endorse me. He got a laugh out of it. I got a laugh out of it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom