GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn Beck only cares for theatre and melodrama to fund his lifestyle. I only find this video entertaining when I think of his devotees seeing it.

Beck co-opted the Tea Party and threw it out like a used tissue just like the GOP top brass.

And in today's awkward campaign video, Mittens explains to a Vietnam veteran why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, then realizes the veteran is gay.

Mitt Romney Tells a Gay Vet Why He Opposes Gay Marriage - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Poor Mittens, he's having a bad week. He just can't catch a break!

tumblr_l7x023hKzW1qdoghio1_500.png

And in today's awkward campaign video, Mittens explains to a Vietnam veteran why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, then realizes the veteran is gay.

Mitt Romney Tells a Gay Vet Why He Opposes Gay Marriage - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

he was also obviously also sucking up to a veteran for brownie points. double hilarity.

just as gay veterans kept Perry safe while he was executing hundreds of people in Texas, so did they keep Mittens safe while he was plundering companies for hundreds of millions of dollars.

I find it odd how high the bar has been raised for Romney and how low the bar has been set for Newt.

If I were Romney, I would be tempted to cede to Newt and watch him flounder.

<>

I find it odd how high the bar has been raised for Romney and how low the bar has been set for Newt.
Or odd how effective the media was at tearing apart Cain for extra-marital play but seeming ignoring n00t's serial adultery?

you'd think a man leaving terminally ill women

FactCheck.org : The Gingrich Divorce Myth

QUESTION

Did Newt Gingrich ask his former wife to sign divorce papers on her deathbed?

ANSWER

For almost three decades, Newt Gingrich has been dogged by a story that he served his first wife divorce papers while she lay in a hospital bed battling — or in some versions dying from — cancer. It didn’t happen that way.

In fact, Gingrich, the presidential candidate and former House speaker, and his first wife, Jackie Battley, had already separated and were planning to divorce before she was hospitalized. And while Battley had earlier undergone cancer surgery, this time she was in the hospital recovering from surgery to remove a tumor that — according to one of the couple’s daughters — was benign. Battley isn’t talking to reporters, but she’s still very much alive.

He left his terminally-ill wife.

Irvine mentioned nothing about deathbed divorce paper myth. :shifty:

QUESTION

ANSWER

For almost three decades, Newt Gingrich has been dogged by a story that he served his first wife divorce papers while she lay in a hospital bed battling — or in some versions dying from — cancer. It didn’t happen that way.

In fact, Gingrich, the presidential candidate and former House speaker, and his first wife, Jackie Battley, had already separated and were planning to divorce before she was hospitalized. And while Battley had earlier undergone cancer surgery, this time she was in the hospital recovering from surgery to remove a tumor that — according to one of the couple’s daughters — was benign. Battley isn’t talking to reporters, but she’s still very much alive.

oh, so the facts are a bit blurry,
she was sick with cancer lying in a bed,
she got lucky and won the coin toss, so technically it was not a death bed.

but was the GOP Speaker of the House, carrying on with an underling, while his then wife was battling cancer?

by any measure of the 'family values' contingent, this guy's past behavior makes him a slime ball
Perry was right, if this guy would take an oath, and then cheat on his life partner
why would he not cheat on a 'business partner"?

and how can he be trusted to take an 'oath' of office and not cheat?

and looking back when he took an 'oath' of office for congress, he seems to have failed on that one, too.

Since, he was found guilty of ethics violations, and he did resign from congress.

He left his terminally-ill wife.

Irvine mentioned nothing about deathbed divorce paper myth. :shifty:

Ok, fair enough. I was just assuming that that's where the story was heading next. :wink:

And while I'm no fan of Gingrich, I've heard some (not necessarily in here) run with the whole "he served his wife divorce papers while she was dying" nonsense. Let's at least get the story right, because, as deep says, there's plenty to go after him for character-wise.

QUESTION

ANSWER

How does this make it any better? :huh:

there's enough on n00t without having to make anything up:

Marriages and children

Gingrich has been married three times. In 1962, he married Jackie Battley, his former high school geometry teacher, when he was 19 years old and she was 26.[129][130] Gingrich and Battley have two daughters from this marriage: Kathy Gingrich Lubbers is president of Gingrich Communications,[131] and Jackie Gingrich Cushman is an author, conservative columnist, and political commentator[132] whose books include 5 Principles for a Successful Life, co-authored with Newt Gingrich.[133] In the spring of 1980, Gingrich left Battley after having an affair with Marianne Ginther.[134][135] In 1984, Battley told the Washington Post that the divorce was a "complete surprise" to her. According to Battley, in September 1980, Gingrich and their children visited her while she was in the hospital, recovering from surgery, and Gingrich wanted to discuss the terms of their divorce.[136] Gingrich has disputed that account.[102] In 2011 their daughter, Jackie Gingrich Cushman, said that it was her mother who requested the divorce, that it happened prior to the hospital stay, and that Gingrich's visit was for the purpose of bringing the couple's children to see their mother, not to discuss the divorce.[137] According to L.H. Carter, his campaign treasurer, Gingrich said of Battley: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer."[138][139] Gingrich has denied saying it. His supporters dismiss Carter as a disgruntled former aide who was miffed at not being asked to accompany Gingrich to Washington.[140]

Six months after the divorce from Battley was final, Gingrich wed Marianne Ginther in 1981.[141][142][143][144] In the mid-1990s, Gingrich began an affair with House of Representatives staffer Callista Bisek, who is 23 years his junior. They continued their affair during the Lewinsky scandal, when Gingrich became a leader of the investigation of President Clinton for perjury and obstruction of justice in connection with his alleged affairs.[3]

In 2000, Gingrich married Bisek shortly after his divorce from second wife Ginther. He and Callista currently live in McLean, Virginia.[145] In a 2011 interview with David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network Gingrich addressed his past infidelities by saying, "There's no question at times in my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."[143][144] Gingrich has also pledged and affirmed to the "Iowans for Christian Leaders in Government" to "uphold personal fidelity to my spouse".

Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[146]

women are going to hate him.

and, fwiw, his daughter Jackie Gingrich Cushman is a conservative columnist who has co-authored books with n00t. which, to me, makes Battley's story more believable. but that's solely an opinion.

So the President isn't much of a role model but I guess Trump is?

Donald Trump says Poor black kids don't have role models

Thu, Dec 08, 2011

While plugging his scheduled Dec. 27 GOP debate on “Today” this morning, Donald Trump was asked what he thought about Newt Gingrich’s recent comments regarding poor children and his opinion that they lack proper work habits or any role models in their lives who put in an honest day’s work.

Trump said he agreed with Gingrich’s comments. “Maybe it wasn’t politically correct, but it happens to be the truth,” he told Matt Lauer. “I think one of the reasons he’s surging, I mean he’s like a rocket ship, is the fact that he says it like it is.

When pressed by Lauer if he really believes the poor have no role models who work, Trump cited President Obama as the inner city’s lone role model, but “Unfortunately, he hasn’t turned out to be much of a role model.”

Other than the president, “No, they don’t have in many cases role models, Matt. It’s very sad,” said Trump. “They do not have role models. I know it’s not a popular statement, but it happens to be true.”

Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network and anchor of MSNBC’s “PoliticsNation,” has joined Reverend Dr. W. Franklyn Richardson, Chairman of National Action Network and Senior Pastor of Grace Baptist Church, in condemning Trump for his comments

Both of the reverends are offering to take The Donald and Gingrich on a tour of Harlem or any other major city to show them a multiplicity of role models, including people that work every day, some working multiple jobs.

“I have known Donald Trump for many years and will not let the negligent statement he made on the “Today” show go unchallenged,” said Sharpton in a statement. “He needs to retract his comments immediately or we will organize direct action against him.”

According to Rev. Dr. W. Franklyn Richardson: “I am appalled that a man in his position would make such an irresponsible and ignorant comment on a national forum and ignore the contrary fact that there is a plethora of black role models in this country. His insensitivity is what fosters negative imagery and the perpetuation of racism in this country.”

:giggle: It's like he's revirginized, or whatever that's called

NY Times
December 12, 2011, 2:20 pm
Gingrich Endorses ‘Marriage Pledge’
By SUSAN SAULNY

Newt Gingrich became the latest Republican candidate to endorse the so-called marriage pledge, a controversial document put forward by an influential evangelical group in Iowa that opposes same-sex marriage and abortion.

Mr. Gingrich stopped short of signing the pledge, however.

The group, the Family Leader, asked the Republican candidates to sign its pledge as a prerequisite to being considered for an endorsement. Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, Gov. Rick Perry of Texas and Rick Santorum, the former senator from Pennsylvania, all signed the pledge, which binds them to try to block same-sex marriage and putting women “in forward combat roles,” while being faithful to their spouses and supporting “robust childbearing and reproduction.”

One notable standout had been Mr. Gingrich, who is now aggressively courting the social conservatives in Iowa who have yet to throw their weight behind any one candidate.

On Monday, the Family Leader released a response by Mr. Gingrich, who gave what he called a solemn vow “to defend and strengthen the family.”

“I will support sending a federal constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman to the states for ratification,” Mr. Gingrich wrote. “I will also oppose any judicial, bureaucratic, or legislative effort to define marriage in any manner other than as between one man and one woman.”

He also said he would “uphold the institution of marriage through personal fidelity to my spouse and respect for the marital bonds of others.”

And he reaffirmed his belief that life begins at conception and that the national debt need to be reduced, as well as in “defending the right of the people to rule themselves.”

Mr. Gingrich’s acknowledged marital infidelities have been a stumbling point for some evangelicals in Iowa, where matters of personal faith and morality have been driving the debate about whom to endorse. People here have openly questioned why Mr. Gingrich had not signed the pledge if he hoped for evangelical support.

Dare I wonder what their plan for promoting "robust childbearing and reproduction" consists of?

QUESTION

ANSWER

3 wives? Family values indeed....

Dare I wonder what their plan for promoting "robust childbearing and reproduction" consists of?

Contraceptives are banned forever!

At a press briefing Tuesday, President Barack Obama adviser David Axelrod described Newt Gingrich‘s ascent in the polls with this wise proverb: “The higher a monkey climbs on the pole the more you can see his butt.”

Oh dear. That's .... I don't know. Refreshingly candid I guess, but maybe not the best move. Take the high road, mister.

Axelrod also blasted Gingrich for the debt he owed to high-end jewelry store Tiffany & Co., saying the media "left him for dead at the checkout counter at Tiffany's and now he's back like a lion in winter."

At a press briefing Tuesday, President Barack Obama adviser David Axelrod described Newt Gingrich‘s ascent in the polls with this wise proverb: “The higher a monkey climbs on the pole the more you can see his butt.”

obama-chimp-cartoon-1.jpg

obama-monkey.jpg

Remember how much outrage these caused? Guess the outrage was selective.

My previous comment originally included this: "how long until someone cries outrage because "Well, how come we can't call Obama a monkey????"

Damn, I wish I'd left it in there. I didn't realize it would come so quickly. Congratulations.

My previous comment originally included this: "how long until someone cries outrage because "Well, how come we can't call Obama a monkey????"

Damn, I wish I'd left it in there. I didn't realize it would come so quickly. Congratulations.

Oh, it's just the usual double standard. If you're a conservative and you call Obama, "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” you're racist. When a liberal says it he's called Mr. Vice President.

I'm not supporting that monkey's butt comment at all, it's not appropriate. But I think we all know why it's not appropriate to compare the President to a monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom