'Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
George Bush surprised world leaders with a joke about his poor record on the environment as he left the G8 summit in Japan.

The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock.

Mr Bush, whose second and final term as President ends at the end of the year, then left the meeting at the Windsor Hotel in Hokkaido where the leaders of the world's richest nations had been discussing new targets to cut carbon emissions.

One official who witnessed the extraordinary scene said afterwards: "Everyone was very surprised that he was making a joke about America's record on pollution."

Mr Bush also faced criticism at the summit after Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian Prime Minister, was described in the White House press pack given to journalists as one of the "most controversial leaders in the history of a country known for government corruption and vice".

The White House apologised for what it called "sloppy work" and said an official had simply lifted the characterisation from the internet without reading it.

Concluding the three-day event, leaders from the G8 and developing countries proclaimed a "shared vision" on climate change. However, they failed to bridge differences between rich and emerging nations on curbing emissions.
President George Bush: 'Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter' - Telegraph

Wow.

Wow what?

We're lucky he didn't dry hump Angela Merkel this year.

This is par for the course for him. I have long felt he's a sociopath.

And to think there are still people on this site who refuse to believe George W. Bush will launch an air attack on Iran. Personally I think he's capable of anything.

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him...

seems like a 'majority' of Americans are saying that

oh yeah, it's the truth.

I read this and I thought I would give it a day,

since it is only in the British tabloids, and it is the same story, in all of them.

But, then I thought back to the video of him joking around looking for the WMDs behind the 'curtains" and under the couch in the Whitehouse

yeah, it is probably true,

I am sure it is to win a bet or something with Rove or Cheney.

I can just see them sitting around smoking Cuban cigars,

Rove says "I dare you to say, on your way out, "Goodbye from the World's biggest polluter!"

W, "You know I will". "Remember when Scooter dare me to feel up that kraut lady?'

Cheney, "Yeah, But no one will ever top me. Remember when you dare me to shoot a Lawyer in the face?"

seems like a 'majority' of Americans are saying that

oh yeah, it's the truth.

I read this and I thought I would give it a day,

since it is only in the British tabloids, and it is the same story, in all of them.

But, then I thought back to the video of him joking around looking for the WMDs behind the 'curtains" and under the couch in the Whitehouse

yeah, it is probably true,

I am sure it is to win a bet or something with Rove or Cheney.

I can just see them sitting around smoking Cuban cigars,

Rove says "I dare you to say, on your way out, "Goodbye from the World's biggest polluter!"

W, "You know I will". "Remember when Scooter dare me to feel up that kraut lady?'

Cheney, "Yeah, But no one will ever top me. Remember when you dare me to shoot a Lawyer in the face?"

:lol:

Ah, deep. It's good to see we still have SOME common ground. . . :) :hug:

As long as we're not discussing a certain presidential candidate :wink:

Oh, man. I don't think I've laughed this much on a day in FYM in awhile!

This is par for the course for him. I have long felt he's a sociopath.

Well, now we know how many other sociopathic run, countries feel.
I just hate that we have so far to pull up from, now.

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him...

I tried - to warn them. For the most part, I don't even have to remind them of the consequences of their actions. They are feeling the pain and I really do hate what is happening to a group of my friends. Not to mention my son was laid off as a result of company downsizing.

What an anus.

yeah. :up:

meh. so what? it was a joke. i know it reflects poorly on him, but what does it matter? i can find other things that upset me.

Back
Top Bottom