Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
The film (documentary) that premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this year, has now been made available as a FREE download directly from the director.

Get it here.

flyer_front.jpg

John Kerry was there and got 3 bandaids that he demanded 3 Purple Hearts for and was home in approx 100 days.
He is a war hero damn it and GW is a Rocket Scientist:lol:

U2democrat said:
John Kerry IS war hero. He f***ing risked his life to gun down a VC with an RPG!
Ah, that's right when he shot the fleeing kid in the loin cloth in the back:up:

Yes, and when he touted his home movie camera around reshooting his dramatized reenactments of his version of events, much to the chagrin of his fellow soilders.

Then using these " self made reenactment home-made movies" at DNC national convention, 30 years later.

War Hero..hmmm.
:lol:

Last edited:
you know I am SOOOOOO sick of Bush supporters saying that Kerry doesnt deserve his awards. AT LEAST HE WENT TO VIETNAM!!!! Which is more than we can say for the spoiled brat of a president we have. Wanna talk cowards? He is one! And to think that his father had the nerve to say that Bill Clinton was a draft dodger and less of a man because he didnt go when his own son shirked off his duty as well.

LoveTown said:
you know I am SOOOOOO sick of Bush supporters saying that Kerry doesnt deserve his awards. AT LEAST HE WENT TO VIETNAM!!!! Which is more than we can say for the spoiled brat of a president we have. Wanna talk cowards? He is one! And to think that his father had the nerve to say that Bill Clinton was a draft dodger and less of a man because he didnt go when his own son shirked off his duty as well.

I take it you were critical of Clinton on this basis in '92....

actually I kinda was nbc, I still supported clinton but I felt rather saddened by the fact that he didnt serve. However, if I was a poor kid that got a scholarship to go to school I know I would have gone that route over getting my head blown off in a jungle as well.

nbc, lemme say that I like debating these issues with you. I only get irked when you pull off one of your famous one-liners. I admit that I've been guilty of that too though :)

diamond said:

Ah, that's right when he shot the fleeing kid in the loin cloth in the back:up:

Yes, and when he touted his home movie camera around reshooting his dramatized reenactments of his version of events, much to the chagrin of his fellow soilders.

Then using these " self made reenactment home-made movies" at DNC national convention, 30 years later.

War Hero..hmmm.
:lol:

Because it was soooooo much harder for Bush to defend Texas from what? The Mexicans? Were the Mexicans attacking us? Wow, then thank gawd Bush showed up for duty in the national guard and flew all those years -- except the years he didn't fly because supervisors took away his flying privledges. Oh, and the time he never showed up for his physical. Oh, and the time he never showed up in Alabama for duty or Massachusetts for duty. But other than that.......Go America! Beat the crap out of Mexico!

Wow, I am sure those statements just made all the weekend warriors happy. They must be thinking "Wow, is my service that worthless". Personally, I am sick of the debate from both sides. Nam was 35 years ago when both men were young and things can change over time, right?

Ft. Worth Frog said:
weekend warriors

were lied to and betrayed by this comander in cheif

and now "weekend warriors" ARE being back door drafted with the stroke of a pen-
requiring them to serve up to an extra year "nation building" and some going home in boxes and thier mothers are told they CAN NOT be there to meet the plane.

sharky said:
Because it was soooooo much harder for Bush to defend Texas from what? The Mexicans? Were the Mexicans attacking us? Wow, then thank gawd Bush showed up for duty in the national guard and flew all those years -- except the years he didn't fly because supervisors took away his flying privledges. Oh, and the time he never showed up for his physical. Oh, and the time he never showed up in Alabama for duty or Massachusetts for duty. But other than that.......Go America! Beat the crap out of Mexico!

Is the quality of Kerry's service only relative to GWB?

One of the primary issues raised by the Swift Vets is that Kerry overstated or fabricated his service.

nbcrusader said:

One of the primary issues raised by the Swift Vets is that Kerry overstated or fabricated his service.

but,

aren't they just full of crap.

“Ba Thanh, the man who has been dismissed by Kerry's detractors as "a lone, wounded, fleeing, young Vietcong in a loincloth." (The description comes from "Unfit for Command," by Swift boat veteran John O'Neill.)

"No, this is not correct," Nguyen Thi Tuoi, 77, told ABC News. "He wore a black pajama. He was strong. He was big and strong. He was about 26 or 27."

When you are relying on your enemy to help defend you you know that you are in trouble. Kerry served his country and I think that people should respect that, but his actions when he got back with VVAW are despicable and I think that the SBV have earned the right to be heared.

A_Wanderer said:
When you are relying on your enemy to help defend you you know that you are in trouble. Kerry served his country and I think that people should respect that, but his actions when he got back with VVAW are despicable and I think that the SBV have earned the right to be heared.

If you watch the film, they play audio clips of Nixon and members of the administration, discussing how they "trained" the original SBV members for what to say on TV, etc. It's kind of disturbing.

I find hilarious that he went back and shot home movie versions of himself saving people.

"hey guys I'm almost done with my rescue films. Then you can see what a great hero I am!!!"

shart1780 said:
I find hilarious that he went back and shot home movie versions of himself saving people.

"hey guys I'm almost done with my rescue films. Then you can see what a great hero I am!!!"
:lol::up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom