God is not to blame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BrownEyedBoy said:
Homosexuality is physical. God is a spiritual experience. Entirely differnt playing fields.

So, when were you going to disprove the leprechaun under melon's bed?

Just curious. ;)

BrownEyedBoy said:
Homosexuality is physical. God is a spiritual experience. Entirely differnt playing fields.
nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread
but I have trouble seeing homosexuality (or heterosexuality) as merely something physical

if only because I do believe that where two people love each other God is near somehow

This discussion is indiscussable.

There is no point even discussing a point of view based on no logic, that cannot be argued. I mean, you either believe it or you don't, I guess. I think a true 'One Nation under God' would be a scary place to live though.

Kieran McConville said:
There is no point even discussing a point of view based on no logic, that cannot be argued.

Then most religion should not even be discussed?

Logic has very little to do with faith.

nb... I'm not sure if you were addressing me, but here goes...

Dismissing the 'concept of God' would be neither logical nor illogical, since, as you said, it's a concept.

Dismissing 'God' completely would be illogical, form a logical standpoint.

Dismissing the 'concept of God' would be a philosophical choice.

Anything can be a concept, however a concept does not imply that it is fact nor that it is actually possible.

For instance... in the movie Waterworld, Kevin Costner's(sp?) character had gills. Cool concept, something that personally I wouldnt dismiss as a concept for several reasons (scientific), but as actually being more than a concept.. atleast at this point in human history... I can completely dismiss it.

Another example... My concept with the XML/RSS buttons is that I'm attempting to educate our members/readers about the benefits of RSS, which to most is relatively new... like email once was. Will this concept materialize... who knows... it's a concept. lol. Really, by even having the concept I am showing faith in the level of intelligence of the average reader here... I may be setting myself up for dissapointment, and will have a loss of faith in this regard ;)

Hope all that makes some sense.

Back
Top Bottom