God and Man/Man and God - Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is an interesting and valuable perspective you have contributed, doctorwho. It reminds me of something I read in THE BIRMINGHAM NEWS a year or so ago from one of the directors of the Southern Research Institute, a private, non private scientific research firm here in town. They have always worked closely with the scientific community of UAB (University of Alabam-Birmingham) and recently bridged a formal affiliation with them.

It was a Sunday feature story where two sides presented opposing views on the issue of the existence of God. His story was much like yours, a lifelong, career scientist whose studies seem to enrich hi belief in God. The opposing view was a professor from UAB, ironically. Nonetheless, the SRI scientist made an excellent "case" (as it may be sense we were reading 2 opposing views) and backed it up pretty well. You also indicated that you are performing the "will of God" and I think you make a good point there: scientists have the potential to be great instruments with the knowledge God has given them.

Great post! I still disagree with you on O Brother Where Art Thou though.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Thank you Melon. Your words were wonderful and helpful. May I use one of your quotes as my signiture?

You have my consent.
smile.gif

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Back
Top Bottom