Go Cheney yourself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're not really upset about Republican policies so much as the man's personal integrity and so on. It's actually sort of pathetic in my eyes - the fact he uses "foul language" and doesn't "represent what [they] represent" is the least of his concerns. Lame protest if you ask me.

they did call him "morally dubious."

yes, they don't like to hear "fuck," but i think it also has something to do with the list of manufactured lies that got us into Iraq, the continual denying of reality about Iraq, the authorization of torture, Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis (have you heard? some think that the 650,000 dead is actually as good an estimate as any).

and these are Utah Mormans -- Utah is the reddest state in America.

I think the complaints about Cheney's character are perfectly legitimate, and I agree with them. You can't expect a Mormon school to oppose the adminisitration's policies or not to object to profanity, even though I couldn't care less about Cheney's profanities, I object to his war profiteering.

Zootlesque said:
Cheney just looks evil every time I see him on TV!

I had no idea Chrysler has been sold to Benz! :reject:
they are trying to unload it

i think they paid something like 30+ billion for it a few years back

and the best offer has been around 5-6 billion

no wonder they lost the war

Chrysler are tanking here because of the reputation attached to their quality. You'd think that's something Daimler-Benz of all people would have been able to turn around.

The problem here is they are overpriced new due to being imported, and in relatively small numbers, but then re-sale value is just ridiculously low. Jeeps especially have a reputation for being overpriced pieces of junk that lose thousands and thousands the second you roll them out of the dealer.

cheneyprotest8.jpg

cheneyprotest4.jpg

cheneyprotest12.JPG

torture was a necessary component of the greatest moral crusade in the history of our planet -- the removal of Saddam Hussein.

A_Wanderer said:
So it's bad for Bush to make a connection between Iraq and AQ but okay for you :wink:

it doesn't matter.

all that matters is that someone is there to walk out into the Kuwaitti and Saudi Arabian oil fields and talk to that oil, tell that oil it's safe and secure, tell that oil that someone loves it very much, and that it's very pretty oil and is going to find a loving home in a beautiful SUV in a suburb outside of Atlanta.

Irvine511 said:

that it's very pretty oil and is going to find a loving home in a beautiful SUV in a suburb outside of Atlanta.

Iraqi oil very well may end up in China

we do not really care where it goes -
just that the right multinational corps have their hands on the spicket and collect the fees

deep said:

we do not really care where it goes -
just that the right multinational corps have their hands on the spicket and collect the fees

I think the US does care - it wants to secure its oil sources for the future and deny those sources to other large oil consumers.

Irvine511 said:

that's Sudanese oil.

As well as Iranian, Kazakh, and Venezuelan oil.

Back
Top Bottom