Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol

The former mayor of New York, Rudy Giuliani, has been awarded a Razzie for one of the year’s worst performances for his unwitting appearance in Sacha Baron Cohen’s sequel to Borat.

The Golden Raspberry Awards, colloquially known as Razzies, are an annual prize for Hollywood’s lowlights, taking place the day before the lavish Oscars ceremony.

Donald Trump’s personal attorney was named worst supporting actor for his role in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, an appearance which dealt a further blow to Giuliani’s reputation.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone either. But I think covid deniers create bad karma, will just say it that way. Their denial must be so hurtful to people who lost loved ones.

And of course Trump got treatment that countless people didn't have any access to. And he received the vaccines privately.

I agree! It really pisses me off to hear deniers because I lost my aunt due to covid (wasn’t officially confirmed, but in Argentina they are incredibly corrupt so it doesn’t surprise me they said it was not covid, she had all the classic covid symptoms) and I lost a friend who was only 39 from
Covid! So yes fuck those fuckers who deny it!

CNBC

Pfizer’s experimental oral drug to treat Covid-19 at the first sign of illness could be available by the end of the year, CEO Albert Bourla told CNBC on Tuesday.

The company, which developed the first authorized Covid-19 vaccine in the U.S. with German drugmaker BioNTech, began in March an early stage clinical trial testing a new antiviral therapy for the disease. The drug is part of a class of medicines called protease inhibitors and works by inhibiting an enzyme that the virus needs to replicate in human cells.

Protease inhibitors are used to treat other viral pathogens such as HIV and hepatitis C.

If clinical trials go well and the Food and Drug Administration approves it, the drug could be distributed across the U.S. by the end of the year, Bourla told CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

Health experts say the drug, taken by mouth, could be a game changer because people newly infected with the virus could use it outside of hospitals. Researchers hope the medication will keep the disease from progressing and prevent hospital trips.

More great news - Pfizer is now delivering all doses to Canada from their Michigan plant. Before, we got them from Europe as there was a ban on US production. This means that Pfizer has fulfilled their quota for domestic production and is now free to ship to the rest of the world. Moderna has also announced additional doses for Canada in May, and will likely start shipping from their US plants as well. As a result of this, after a horrific initial rollout we are now vaccinating at the same clip as the Americans and will soon surpass that. As of today, 40% of Toronto's adults will have been vaxxed with at least 1 dose.

Biden wants that land border to be re-opened and I can see it happening around Canada Day/4th of July.

Feels kind of incredible. I genuinely hope that this spurs more of our kids into STEM careers - we have been losing much of our best and brightest to high-earning positions in finance but when lives are at stake, it's science that will save us.

As a result of this, after a horrific initial rollout we are now vaccinating at the same clip as the Americans and will soon surpass that. As of today, 40% of Toronto's adults will have been vaxxed with at least 1 dose.

i really don't see this, like at all.

i know precisely one person under the age of 40 who has been vaccinated (who lives with his mom who is high-risk), and he only got his first shot yesterday after two days this week of standing in line and being turned away due to lack of supply.

we were promised weeks ago that 18 year olds living in a hot spot would be able to get a shot, but there was no guidance given on how to actually get vaccinated other than "find a mobile clinic in your area and wait in line", like we're kids scouring the neighbourhood for an ice cream truck (i thought we were supposed to stay at home??). the mobile clinic stopped in liberty village for one morning, and i only found out about it via overhearing a comment in the grocery store two days later, even though i'm following all the twitter accounts they tell me i'm supposed to.

a clinic in the west end started offering shots to 18+ in a hot spot postal code last week. only one clinic taking people under 40 for all of west end toronto. i'm in a hot spot so i line up this morning and wait over an hour online, finally get through the queue only to find out on the booking page that after all that, my postal code is not on the hot-spot list *for this particular clinic* anymore for this upcoming week. it's beyond frustrating. it truly feels like nobody anywhere knows what's going on or what they're doing.

i'm seriously at the end of my rope with all this, and i'm frankly baffled by your optimistic post, because from where i'm sitting this is still an unmitigated disaster. it feels like being in a race car that blew its tires on the very first lap and now we're cheering that the tires have been changed, even though we're still in dead last.

:sigh:

Canada will surpass us in percent vaccinated because their people aren't as fucking stupid when it comes to vaccine hesitancy. We'll hit a wall soon enough.

I fully anticipate that Canada will have similar refusals to get vaccinated because at the end of the day I think we grossly overestimate the number of people who won’t get vaccines because of Bill Gates and underestimate the number of people who won’t get vaccines because they 1) had the disease or 2) don’t think they need it.

i know precisely one person under the age of 40 who has been vaccinated (who lives with his mom who is high-risk), and he only got his first shot yesterday after two days this week of standing in line and being turned away due to lack of supply.

i'm seriously at the end of my rope with all this, and i'm frankly baffled by your optimistic post, because from where i'm sitting this is still an unmitigated disaster. it feels like being in a race car that blew its tires on the very first lap and now we're cheering that the tires have been changed, even though we're still in dead last.

I sympathize - the rollout is a disaster as I said and it's very unclear how to get vaxxed. I continue to hold that every elected official should be voted out at the next election.

But there are mobile clinics that have been operational for a while now that have taken a while slew of postal codes 18+. I was vaxxed with Moderna 2 weeks ago at one such clinic. It really is highly dependent on where you live and I absolutely get the frustration if you don't manage to get into one of those. My husband didn't manage to book a spot which is a good example of how even in the hot spot you can get missed.

All hot spots will be 18+ as of Monday so the last group (under 40) in the worst areas will be vaxxed very quickly now. You are realistically looking at being vaxxed very, very soon.

I fully anticipate that Canada will have similar refusals to get vaccinated because at the end of the day I think we grossly overestimate the number of people who won’t get vaccines because of Bill Gates and underestimate the number of people who won’t get vaccines because they 1) had the disease or 2) don’t think they need it.

I think that we'll perform slightly better but not dramatically better. I'd like to be proven wrong though...

Agreed, as with Canada being like the northeast or PNW. It’ll be the Texases and Floridas and Ohios bringing down the US numbers, but Id still argue for the reason I cited and not because they’re afraid of 5G. Just ill informed.

Canada will surpass us in percent vaccinated because their people aren't as fucking stupid when it comes to vaccine hesitancy. We'll hit a wall soon enough.

Yeah but it will take them a hell of a lot longer to vaccinate their moose population that it will for us to vax ours.

Yeah but it will take them a hell of a lot longer to vaccinate their moose population that it will for us to vax ours.
Their moose population vs our population of men named Moose who like Trump and crush Bud Light cans with their foreheads.

DaveC - they are opening enrolment everywhere for hot spots. My husband just got a Sunday morning appt for Pfizer. Check your postal code availability!

we were promised weeks ago that 18 year olds living in a hot spot would be able to get a shot, but there was no guidance given on how to actually get vaccinated other than "find a mobile clinic in your area and wait in line", like we're kids scouring the neighbourhood for an ice cream truck (i thought we were supposed to stay at home??). the mobile clinic stopped in liberty village for one morning, and i only found out about it via overhearing a comment in the grocery store two days later, even though i'm following all the twitter accounts they tell me i'm supposed to.

a clinic in the west end started offering shots to 18+ in a hot spot postal code last week. only one clinic taking people under 40 for all of west end toronto. i'm in a hot spot so i line up this morning and wait over an hour online, finally get through the queue only to find out on the booking page that after all that, my postal code is not on the hot-spot list *for this particular clinic* anymore for this upcoming week. it's beyond frustrating. it truly feels like nobody anywhere knows what's going on or what they're doing.

I’m also still waiting for my vaccine! I’m in the 40+ age group and live in a hot zone and work in a place dealing with sewer waste water and I registered the day I was elegible 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard nothing yet. This is in BC.

Last edited:
It’s kinda interesting that many (not all) of you who said “I’m not taking that Trump vaccine, it’s too rushed!”, are now willfully and gleefully taking it because Biden is President, but it’s the same vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom