Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this seems like a really good way to win more seats:

President Biden will announce Tuesday that pharmaceutical giant Merck will help make Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot coronavirus vaccine — an unusual pact between fierce competitors that could sharply boost the supply of the newly authorized vaccine, according to senior administration officials.

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a matter that has not been announced, said they began scouring the country for additional manufacturing capacity after they realized in the first days of the administration that Johnson & Johnson had fallen behind in vaccine production. They soon sought to broker a deal with Merck, one of the world’s largest vaccine makers, which had failed to develop its own coronavirus vaccine.

Under the arrangement, Merck will dedicate two facilities in the United States to Johnson & Johnson’s shots. One will provide “fill-finish” services, the last stage of the production process during which the vaccine substance is placed in vials and packaged for distribution. The other will make the vaccine, and has the potential to vastly increase supply, perhaps even doubling what Johnson & Johnson could make on its own, the officials said.

How does the Johnson & Johnson vaccine work? When is it available? What to know about the new shot.

“It’s a historic partnership,” said one of the officials, adding that the companies “recognize this is a wartime effort.” He praised their sense of “corporate citizenship.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...H7LST1RMEK5HgxFgGjWV0ee_8xUjxUDCctbZi8i8JCwdI

i imagine this will go over well with the American public.

I hope to get the vaccine before I'm cancelled by the Left.....

this seems like a really good way to win more seats:

i imagine this will go over well with the American public.

You’re seemingly a bit overly optimistic about things that Joe Biden didn’t do. The machine did it. Trump didn’t do it, Biden didn’t do it, our government did.

It’s not going to go over any which way with the public because it’s an expectation.

I don't know if people will care about details like this, but there's no denying that it'll be a huge win for Biden and Dems if summer rolls around and people are able to go back to a "normal-ish" life. We'll see what fall brings but for sure by 2022 restrictions should be pretty limited for social behavior. And that's all people want.

Give people their relief $
Country opens back up
Economy starts to recover

And then try to overcome all the antidemocracy shit going on within the GOP led States

You’re seemingly a bit overly optimistic about things that Joe Biden didn’t do. The machine did it. Trump didn’t do it, Biden didn’t do it, our government did.

It’s not going to go over any which way with the public because it’s an expectation.

It’s going to come across — if messaged correctly — that the Biden administration made a deal that saved lives.

After 4 years of an administration unable to make any sort of deal.

But I should have posted this in the political thread.

There is no economic benefit to rescinding the mask mandate early, so I'm just going to assume they're being contrarian assholes to cater to their base. Not, uh, the best reason to put public health at risk.

Probably to help "mask" the complete disaster that was their power grid and response to cold freeze

President Biden just said there will be enough vaccine supply for every American adult to get a vaccine by the end of May. The problem is having enough vaccinators.

He is ordering states to vaccinate teachers and staff by the end of March. There will be a federal program through pharmacies.

[TWEET]1366866210852323328[/TWEET]

"I'm old enough to get it and I'm smart enough to get it". Long live Dolly Parton.

President Biden just said there will be enough vaccine supply for every American adult to get a vaccine by the end of May. The problem is having enough vaccinators.

He is ordering states to vaccinate teachers and staff by the end of March. There will be a federal program through pharmacies.

It's great that the timeline keeps shifting, and in our favor. Hopefully with spring on the way there'll be decent enough weather to keep things humming along. I think it's a good idea to vaccinate teachers and other schooling staff to get kids back into school. Of course you still have the risk of the parents of those kids not getting the shot yet.....but I feel like the elementary schools have been pretty low risk even during our surges, correct?

What's scary to think about is where the hell would we be right now if these vaccines didn't work? Not even to 50% efficacy which is what FDA would have approved for lowest level.

And how bad would it be if Trump were still in charge?

Dude, start posting about the Lakers.

Glad everything is going well.

congrats!

how did you get this? the DC website seems completely FUBAR.
Auto complete.

Honestly.

I started refreshing the web page about 10 minutes before the 9 am start time. At 8:57 it opened up.

Auto complete filled in my personal info, and I knew what questions should be yes or no from the day before without actually looking at them.

When I got to the appointment page I went for one at the bottom of the page instead of the top, clicked and just let it sit. I think some people would refresh here because it took a minute - but, yea ticketmaster... don't refresh after clicking the ticket link or it'll send you back.

After about a minute the appointment confirmation popped up.

Got mine at the Giant on H Street.

Last edited:
And just like that, boom. Appointment next Saturday to get some of that sweet, sweet Moderna.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom