Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not unreasonable that 1 in 5 don’t want to go first. Keep in mind people could have preexisting conditions, they could be pregnant, etc., the real question is if they’re declining all together or just declining going first.

It’s not unreasonable that 1 in 5 don’t want to go first. Keep in mind people could have preexisting conditions, they could be pregnant, etc., the real question is if they’re declining all together or just declining going first.

Yeah, my guess is that most of us here will have the benefit of watching how it goes for 3+ months if not longer. Personally I’d get the vaccine today, although my antibody levels are very high so probably no need, but I do understand the hesitation to be first in line.

I would be happy to take someone else's unused vaccine if they don't want it. Too bad that's not how it works!

Feel like CA second shelter in place completely backfired.

It worked the first time because

There wasn’t uncontrolled spread
People were not sure what was going on, more likely to follow order

I think we should have kept outdoor dining open. Closing that ruined business and forced people to say fuck it, let’s party at my house!

San Diego sheltered in place weeks ago and we just hit a new record of cases, 4400+

A lot of these cases can probably be linked back to thanksgiving travel, and maybe the beginning of Xmas travel and gathering.

But it feels so deflating that we failed this response and wrecked local businesses at the same time.

I think it's the small (or not so small) private gatherings, the travel, and the new more contagious strain.

Lockdowns don't seem to be the answer. And you can't force or legislate personal responsibility. People either have it or they don't. And this has strained patience, people are mentally tired of all of it.

I just hope the Biden and Harris administration can do a much better job with all of it. Vaccine distribution needs serious help too.

I think it's the small (or not so small) private gatherings, the travel, and the new more contagious strain.

Lockdowns don't seem to be the answer. And you can't force or legislate personal responsibility. People either have it or they don't. And this has strained patience, people are mentally tired of all of it.

I just hope the Biden and Harris administration can do a much better job with all of it. Vaccine distribution needs serious help too.

Here in the UK there have been multiple lockdowns across the various nations, the first sort of worked, but in all other tries has failed- some of that is of course a small number of people not following the rules. In the last one cases went up. Yet despite the repeated lockdowns failing to really achieve anything it seems to be the go to option- never mind the other misery it inflicts on people..

Equally unfortunately we have a government who have little or no credibility with the country, who themselves have broken their own rules. As for vaccine distribution- there seems to be no plan for that either. Yet there are hundreds of empty stadiums, arenas, town halls, sports centres that are forcibly closed which could make excellent distribution centres but alas the turds in government haven't the wit to get this planned properly.

I think the mistake is assuming that there’s only a “small number of people” not following the rules. Furthermore, the lockdowns aren’t designed to an extent where they’re effective.

I think the mistake is assuming that there’s only a “small number of people” not following the rules. Furthermore, the lockdowns aren’t designed to an extent where they’re effective.

I went out for a walk along the beach and bay over on Coronado island and nearly every business (I’d say over 80%) were open. Some restaurants even had indoor dining. Have heard the same thing in other towns like Encinitas

The lockdowns would work if you do it early enough before the virus is widespread, and people comply. We failed on both.

Lots of chatter about the South Africa variant being even more infectious AND potentially lowering the efficacy of the vaccines.

Time and testing will tell but what a mess

National lockdown part 3 or 4 or 5 not really sure anymore here in the UK!

I could do with waiting in my comfy hotel room and showing up once a day to get my vaccine tomorrow.
If you want the vaccine sign in at the Dunken Donuts on 7th between F and G.

You'll be behind those who volunteered to man the list, though. One of these volunteers already got the vaccine last night in Toronto and is flying in today.

If you want the vaccine sign in at the Dunken Donuts on 7th between F and G.

You'll be behind those who volunteered to man the list, though. One of these volunteers already got the vaccine last night in Toronto and is flying in today.

If you volunteer, you can also get vaccines for the rest of your family.

After the disgust of seeing Collins win in November, a sweep here would be so sweet.

Just back from my first Covid-19 test, hopefully strictly precautionary because I work for a numbskull who had family gatherings for all the holidays, managed to dodge bullets on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but New Year's got him. And then he decided to come to work Monday knowing his son was ill and awaiting a test. Only here for half an hour before he smartened up and went home and I avoided getting too close, but I'm pretty pissed off that after 10 months of taking every precaution, not celebrating any of the holidays with anyone besides my wife and son, someone who took a laissez-faire attitude about the thing could infect me.

Just back from my first Covid-19 test, hopefully strictly precautionary because I work for a numbskull who had family gatherings for all the holidays, managed to dodge bullets on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but New Year's got him. And then he decided to come to work Monday knowing his son was ill and awaiting a test. Only here for half an hour before he smartened up and went home and I avoided getting too close, but I'm pretty pissed off that after 10 months of taking every precaution, not celebrating any of the holidays with anyone besides my wife and son, someone who took a laissez-faire attitude about the thing could infect me.

So fucking annoying. Is your type of work requiring of your presence?

Double frustrating then.

I typically rail against the employer first for anyone who is casually being invited back to work in “safe conditions” just for the sake of coming in, but if you have to be there then you expect the people around you to meet the global minimum level of respect for one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom