Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Canada, opposition politicians are pretending that we'll be the last people in the world to get vaccinated and a lot the media is repeating those claims...but they're straight up lies. it's appalling.

https://twitter.com/timobrien/status/1334599360013885442?s=21

It says that now because it wouldn’t dare admit it can’t make the 1 billion claim.

We need a functional federal government and the next 6 weeks could potentially delay us until summer / fall for the general population to be vaccinated.

Here in SD county, we are going back to a shelter in place, with retail stores still open but at 20% capacity threshold.

Everything else is back to take out / delivery

It would be fan-fucking-tastic if, you know, we obligated all of these companies to supply vaccine development capability to other companies globally at a reduced rate and proliferated the vaccines.

You know, so it’s not all about business. And hey, those companies might lose out on billions, but at the same time we won’t be liable for ensuring a US-made vaccine gets to other counties and won’t come off as “reserving it for us first.”

They should do what’s right and return the world to normalcy.

Mom and grandma were released from hospital. Grandma went to nursing home to rehab her hip. She never really had more than a cough from covid. 95 and won’t ever die i think which saddens her. She was hoping this was it.

My mom still on oxygen and said she can walk once around the block and feel ok. She’s back to annoying me over the phone so i know she’s feeling better.

Just never know with this virus on who survives or doesn’t. But glad to know she’ll be around for some more time

Great news, BEAL.

I understand your grandmother's state of mind because my grandfather (last of my living grandparents) was the same - he said that he felt like the last Mohican. His wife had died, his sister, all of his friends, people he had worked with, his neighbours and so on.

Yep. And it’s making her even more cranky than she was before. Always a worry wort and complainer but now it’s really bad. When i last saw her a year ago it’s all she could talk about was how she wanted to be with him

Hopefully one of these nights she closes her eyes for the last time.

Here’s some covid vaccine poll info

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1334908838051504130?s=21

Damn ‘Karens’ are gonna prolong this!!

Damn ‘Karens’ are gonna prolong this!!

It's not Karens, it's the crunchy granola middle-upper middle women who go to mom and tot classes with other women who sell them essential oils and rail against vaccines. Very high overlap with the "breastfeed at all costs" crowd and so on.

It's really maddening because most of them are privileged and many are even highly educated.

It's not Karens, it's the crunchy granola middle-upper middle women who go to mom and tot classes with other women who sell them essential oils and rail against vaccines. Very high overlap with the "breastfeed at all costs" crowd and so on.

It's really maddening because most of them are privileged and many are even highly educated.

Guess i lumped them in with Karen.

I’m very accustomed to the group you’re talking about. The yoga world looks down on you if you say you’re going to a western medicine doctor or worse if you’re taking antibiotics. Cause don’t you know there’s a plant in the jungles of South America that cures cancer, but big pharma has silenced the holistic medicine field

To each their own but it’s challenging in times like these where we need actual science

Level of education seems to have very little to do with people's rejection of vaccines.

I work with nurses and other members of staff that work on cancer trials, including cancer trials involving the use of mRNA based vaccines, which the likes of Pfizer have repurposed for their current vaccine, but are hesitant about getting vaccinated or have nebulous non-specific concerns and don't want to get it.

There is a weird emotional response related to it that doesn't seem to be affected by any educational attainment.

Hoping to hear in the next month or two about getting vaccinated, since the UK is getting receipt of about 800,000 doses next week, depends a bit how the prioritisation works out.

It would be fan-fucking-tastic if, you know, we obligated all of these companies to supply vaccine development capability to other companies globally at a reduced rate and proliferated the vaccines.

You know, so it’s not all about business. And hey, those companies might lose out on billions, but at the same time we won’t be liable for ensuring a US-made vaccine gets to other counties and won’t come off as “reserving it for us first.”

They should do what’s right and return the world to normalcy.

It sounds far-fetched, but that’s basically how Brazil developed the leading anti-HIV program in the world 20 years ago: breaking patents and offering generic drugs for free for anyone who needed treatment.

We're officially a COVID household now too.

My son came home from school on Wednesday pale as a ghost, so lethargic that he could barely stand, deep purple spots under his eyes and complained that his legs were hurting. He had no appetite and was totally out of it, so not even thinking of COVID when we took him to emerg. The doctor there ran a leukemia panel (which shaved at least 10 years off my life) and said as a by the way thing, let's run a COVID test. Well today (72 hrs later, do better Toronto) they notified us that he's COVID+ and scheduled testing for my husband, daughter and myself. Husband and I are fairly ill, and our daughter remains asymptomatic. We all have totally different symptoms, which is maddening.

After the initial shock, I almost felt a perverse sense of relief to have it over with.

I hope you all get well soon Martina, with no lasting effects. How frightening that must have been, the leukemia panel. I don't understand a dr not thinking covid test first. Most seem to think worst case scenario first, sometimes that is a good thing. So stressful.

Sorry to hear, anitram. I can imagine the stress while waiting for those tests results. Hope you all feel better real soon.

Thanks everyone!

It was a known risk when we elected to send him back to school in-person this September. Overall I still think it was better for him mentally, emotionally and academically to be in a classroom again so I don’t really feel like it was a wrong choice per se. I am concerned about my parents and in-laws, who picked the kids up for us twice about 8-9 days ago - we were moving so needed the extra help and childcare is one of those exemptions. Of the 4 grandparents only my Mom has a mild cold which she says feels like a sinus infection. The other 3 are all asymptomatic but they’re testing tomorrow and Monday in any case.

Hope the entire family gets better quickly with no lasting effects.
Though I think the leukemia panel would have scared me way more than a positive Covid diagnosis for my son. That's some scary shit to hear, glad it wasn't that or anything similar.

WASHINGTON — The head of the U.S. vaccine development effort said Sunday he believes the COVID-19 vaccine could have long-lasting effect once distributed.

Dr. Moncef Slaoui told CNN’s “State of the Union” that only time will tell for certain, but that in his opinion, the vaccine’s effectiveness could last for “many, many years,” with older people and others who are more vulnerable requiring a booster every three to five years.

He said that one of the hallmarks of immune systems is memory, so the body’s response to the coronavirus will be much faster once vaccinated.

Still, Slaoui said it’s not known whether vaccinated persons could spread the virus to others even if protected themselves. He said there may be an initial indication on that sometime in February or March.

Slaoui stressed that the continuing unknowns make it important for people to remain cautious and take safeguards to protect themselves and others against COVID-19.

He said that once 70 to 80% of the population is vaccinated, “the virus will go down.”

Good luck to you and your family Anitram. Agree with the mindset of getting it over with. Get over it, and never get it again!

News that Rudy is in the hospital. Love that this man spent the last year, and especially the last few months not wearing a mask, openly mocking the pandemic, and now when the rest of us may not be able to get a hospital bed because they’re full, this guy gets the best medical care in the country on our dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom