Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2021, 07:11 AM   #921
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Sigh...
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 09:20 AM   #922
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,032
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

With all this Delta variant stuff, I am going back to a mask and being cautious. It was nice while it lasted.
Was just reading story of a guy who is one of the break through Covid positive cases from Provincetown that's been in the news this week here.
So he and his group of friends went on basically a 6 day bender in P-Town for July 4th. All were vaxxed, he's the only one who tested positive. He said he figured the vaccine was like a shield and he thought he was invincible.

Basically my thoughts are you don't have to go back to all your pre-vaccine precautions, just use some common sense and avoid some things (like 6 straight nights of crowded nightclubs in Provincetown for instance) and in certain situations use a mask and distance.
But the break throughs are still a very low overall number, right in line with, in fact better than, the reported efficacy rate of the vaccines.

Heard on radio that the percentage of fully vaxxed MA residences who have since tested positive is 0.1% of those 4.3 Mil folks.
So basically the vaccines are working, never were said to be 100%, but they are pretty close.
Of course when you have a situation like the Yankees or P-Town, it becomes news and some outlets will sound the alarm. Don't let that freak you out too much.
__________________

Hewson is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 09:46 AM   #923
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I still don't understand why we are not using vaccine passports.
Because MUH FREEDOMS.

We have a rabidly anti-passport crowd up here (including our idiot Premier) so it's not just you guys.

Infuriating.
anitram is offline  
Old 07-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #924
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,461
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Was just reading story of a guy who is one of the break through Covid positive cases from Provincetown that's been in the news this week here.

So he and his group of friends went on basically a 6 day bender in P-Town for July 4th. All were vaxxed, he's the only one who tested positive. He said he figured the vaccine was like a shield and he thought he was invincible.



Basically my thoughts are you don't have to go back to all your pre-vaccine precautions, just use some common sense and avoid some things (like 6 straight nights of crowded nightclubs in Provincetown for instance) and in certain situations use a mask and distance.

But the break throughs are still a very low overall number, right in line with, in fact better than, the reported efficacy rate of the vaccines.



Heard on radio that the percentage of fully vaxxed MA residences who have since tested positive is 0.1% of those 4.3 Mil folks.

So basically the vaccines are working, never were said to be 100%, but they are pretty close.

Of course when you have a situation like the Yankees or P-Town, it becomes news and some outlets will sound the alarm. Don't let that freak you out too much.



I have a lot of friends who were in P-town this past week. Everyone is vaccinated. But I’m still going to be a bit cautious going out this weekend, if at all, for fear of people coming back with more than exhausted livers.

We’ve been several times over the past 10 years or so, and the clubbing is pretty astonishing for what’s basically a small Portuguese fishing village — it’s all old and small and crowded and sweaty and that’s what makes us so great, but also exactly why we said no way this year.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-16-2021, 09:58 AM   #925
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,511
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Pride weekend here in San Diego, and out of complete ignorance is Pride same weekend everywhere ??? (I can Google too)

It’s not 100% of what it was pre covid, no concerts etc but still a large gathering of hot and sweaty people. I would imagine numbers to go up slightly here but can’t see a mask mandate coming back down like in LA county

I do have a sinking feeling about all of this though. We were given basically a miracle with these vaccines, a way out, and because of stupidity, anti vax, and the GQP we may end up back where we were before. Mass suffering and economic damage

Which is exactly what the GQP want heading into 2022 and 2024
BEAL is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 10:04 AM   #926
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Was just reading story of a guy who is one of the break through Covid positive cases from Provincetown that's been in the news this week here.

So he and his group of friends went on basically a 6 day bender in P-Town for July 4th. All were vaxxed, he's the only one who tested positive. He said he figured the vaccine was like a shield and he thought he was invincible.



Basically my thoughts are you don't have to go back to all your pre-vaccine precautions, just use some common sense and avoid some things (like 6 straight nights of crowded nightclubs in Provincetown for instance) and in certain situations use a mask and distance.

But the break throughs are still a very low overall number, right in line with, in fact better than, the reported efficacy rate of the vaccines.



Heard on radio that the percentage of fully vaxxed MA residences who have since tested positive is 0.1% of those 4.3 Mil folks.

So basically the vaccines are working, never were said to be 100%, but they are pretty close.

Of course when you have a situation like the Yankees or P-Town, it becomes news and some outlets will sound the alarm. Don't let that freak you out too much.
Yea this is important to remember. It's also equally important to remember that nobody has died from COVID-19 who has received the vaccine.

And I don't think I've read anything else about vaccinated people spreading the virus - so the odds of a vaccinated person passing it along are still very low.

But for fucks sake if there was any doubt that the GOP and their media outlets are part of a death cult to dear leader that doubt is certainly vanished.

It's utterly infuriating that we have a historic scientific breakthrough that can stop this thing in it's tracks - that is safe, amazingly effective, and FREE!

And large portions of this country (and others I know) are like ehhhh nah. No thanks. I'll take my chances with the deadly virus, libtard.

And the next anti-vaxx republican who says my body my choice will get punched in the face.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #927
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Pride weekend here in San Diego, and out of complete ignorance is Pride same weekend everywhere ??? (I can Google too)

It’s not 100% of what it was pre covid, no concerts etc but still a large gathering of hot and sweaty people. I would imagine numbers to go up slightly here but can’t see a mask mandate coming back down like in LA county

I do have a sinking feeling about all of this though. We were given basically a miracle with these vaccines, a way out, and because of stupidity, anti vax, and the GQP we may end up back where we were before. Mass suffering and economic damage

Which is exactly what the GQP want heading into 2022 and 2024
We're not going to head back to where we were unless a variant emerges that can break through the vaccine.

We'll never truly get back to normal until more people get vaccinated, but more and more we're just splitting off into two separate Americas.

And one of those two will continue to die off unnecessarily.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 10:22 AM   #928
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:51 AM
How about DeSantis selling anti vaccine merchandise? That's a new low even for him. One of the shirts says something like "Don't Fauci my FL"
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-16-2021, 10:28 AM   #929
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,491
Local Time: 07:51 AM
Cases are going to spike up again everywhere because nobody gives a shit anymore, the variants are spreading and it's possible that mRNA protection is waning, but you'll see the difference between the vaccinated and vaccinated areas with regards to hospitalizations and deaths.

Florida's 7 day moving average for deaths has already spiked past California's while only having 54% of its population.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #930
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:51 AM
I’m not seeing what you’re talking about with Florida deaths
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 10:41 AM   #931
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,491
Local Time: 07:51 AM
Worldometers has CA averaging 32 covid deaths per day, whereas FL is at 33 and spiking hard.

This is a very recent development too, I really don't want to see it rise exponentially along with their cases because they have counties that are largely unvaccinated.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 11:04 AM   #932
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Worldometers has CA averaging 32 covid deaths per day, whereas FL is at 33 and spiking hard.

This is a very recent development too, I really don't want to see it rise exponentially along with their cases because they have counties that are largely unvaccinated.

7 day moving average is a bit of a lame measure. You set your node and you can make that type of metric read whatever you want it to read. Also, totally doesn’t work given that states like Florida are irresponsibly not reporting results every day. It’s easy to say they shot up 1000% since a week ago or whatever if a week ago they had 5 cases, all week they had 0, and today they had 50. Those cases occurred throughout the week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1864.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	12902

That’s a pretty downward trend in deaths.

Also, 33 deaths a day is less than perfect, but “spiking” is a bit dramatic.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 12:42 PM   #933
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:51 AM
it's really not hard, and we're going to need to do this before the weather turns cold.

https://twitter.com/redouad/status/1415286691615678471
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 12:48 PM   #934
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Yeah I mean I’m all for it but I feel like in the US, gun sales would rise instead.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #935
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Insurrection part 2 would happen if Biden tried to do anything like that.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-16-2021, 01:28 PM   #936
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Both things will happen regardless so fuck em
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 01:32 PM   #937
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:51 AM
Agreed.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 02:25 PM   #938
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,491
Local Time: 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
7 day moving average is a bit of a lame measure. You set your node and you can make that type of metric read whatever you want it to read. Also, totally doesn’t work given that states like Florida are irresponsibly not reporting results every day. It’s easy to say they shot up 1000% since a week ago or whatever if a week ago they had 5 cases, all week they had 0, and today they had 50. Those cases occurred throughout the week.

Attachment 12902

That’s a pretty downward trend in deaths.

Also, 33 deaths a day is less than perfect, but “spiking” is a bit dramatic.
Very true that it's more difficult to track Florida's data when they're so irresponsibly inconsistent about reporting it.

I think what I'm disturbed by is that a state of 21 million people even has numbers comparable to California. I would be interested to see the county by county data alongside the vaccine numbers to see the apparent correlations. Miami-Dade actually has decent vaccine numbers but I know the state is full of antivax pockets where variants can thrive.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 02:38 PM   #939
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,032
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

We’ve been several times over the past 10 years or so, and the clubbing is pretty astonishing for what’s basically a small Portuguese fishing village — it’s all old and small and crowded and sweaty and that’s what makes us so great, but also exactly why we said no way this year.
Yeah its quite the place, the difference from off season to a summer holiday weekend is remarkable.
Hewson is online now  
Old 07-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #940
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,032
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Very true that it's more difficult to track Florida's data when they're so irresponsibly inconsistent about reporting it.

I think what I'm disturbed by is that a state of 21 million people even has numbers comparable to California..
And then there's this:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...vid-infections

Florida gonna Florida.
__________________

Hewson is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×