Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #861
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
keep it up. more incentives. let's start rolling out vaccine passports with greater frequency. want to go to a sporting event? a concert? are you vaccinated? No? tough. stay home and watch on TV.

bars? show your vaccine passport.

airplanes? offer a bunch of flights that are no-mask for vaccinated flyers and make all of the ones that are open to all flyers, vaccinated or not, at odd times of day.

ostracize those who don't want to get the shot.
Yep, and make it a mobile passport just like an airline ticket. That way, no cheating the system. How great will public events be with all the Karens at home?

Old 05-27-2021, 02:07 PM   #862
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:28 AM
I'd like to speak to the manager of Clear

Old 05-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #863
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:28 AM
The only surprise is that there haven't been more of these incidents

Tennessee woman drove through vaccination tent to protest, police say

By Associated Press

May 27, 2021 | 11:05 AM

MARYVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman accused of driving through a COVID-19 vaccine distribution tent as a form of protest has been charged with seven counts of felony reckless endangerment, according to a police report.

Virginia Christine Lewis Brown, 36, was arrested after a Blount County deputy witnessed her driving through the tent at a vaccine distribution event Monday at Foothills Mall in Maryville, according to news outlets, which cited an incident report.

The report said more than a dozen health department and national guard personnel were inside the tent.

“I had several victims tell me she almost hit them as she fled through the tent at high speeds,” the deputy wrote in the report. “I was advised that they were within inches and feet of the vehicle as it came through the tent. Several victims stated that they thought the driver was going to kill them.”

After the deputy stopped Brown, she told him she drove through the site to protest the vaccine and was only traveling 5 miles per hour, the report said.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:01 PM   #864
Blue Crack Supplier

Lock her up for a long long time.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:03 AM   #865
Blue Crack Addict

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/s...European+Union

Here we are in Ontario, with a higher rate of vaccination than Canada as a whole, and we are still in a stay-at-home order.

Tomorrow that will be lifted...but nothing is reopening. Yes, you read that right. We'll be able to legally leave our homes for a non-essential reason. We still can't buy underwear or send the kids to school or go camping.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:40 AM   #866
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/s...European+Union

Here we are in Ontario, with a higher rate of vaccination than Canada as a whole, and we are still in a stay-at-home order.

Tomorrow that will be lifted...but nothing is reopening. Yes, you read that right. We'll be able to legally leave our homes for a non-essential reason. We still can't buy underwear or send the kids to school or go camping.
I have mad respect for it and at the same time am saying "thank goodness I don't live there".
Old 06-01-2021, 03:04 PM   #867
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
We still can't buy underwear
Millions of Canadians just free balling.
Old 06-01-2021, 03:19 PM   #868
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Millions of Canadians just free balling.
Old 06-01-2021, 03:21 PM   #869
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 06-02-2021, 08:37 AM   #870
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/DLeonhardt/statu...63091245731843

we're getting there, folks.

(by we i mean the US. sorry, cannucks. you next, tho)
Old 06-02-2021, 08:47 AM   #871
Blue Crack Addict

Fauci emails have been released. It's been a joy reading some of the idiots try to make scandals out of a guy doing his job.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #872
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Fauci emails have been released. It's been a joy reading some of the idiots try to make scandals out of a guy doing his job.
it's really sad, but not overly surprising.

honestly there's plenty of idiocy regarding science and facts on both sides. obviously it's worse on the right - but there are plenty of people on the left who are still shuttered in their houses and won't go outside without a hazmat suit even though they're double vaxxed.

i suppose you could say one side is science denial and the other is merely paranoia - but let's go folks. if the response when trump is being an incompetent asshole is "trust the science" and "believe fauci"? then now, when the science says the vaccines work and fauci is saying you don't need to wear a mask anymore when you're vaccinated? then, ya know, do that.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:48 AM   #873
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
it's really sad, but not overly surprising.

honestly there's plenty of idiocy regarding science and facts on both sides. obviously it's worse on the right - but there are plenty of people on the left who are still shuttered in their houses and won't go outside without a hazmat suit even though they're double vaxxed.

i suppose you could say one side is science denial and the other is merely paranoia - but let's go folks. if the response when trump is being an incompetent asshole is "trust the science" and "believe fauci"? then now, when the science says the vaccines work and fauci is saying you don't need to wear a mask anymore when you're vaccinated? then, ya know, do that.
Agreed. I still find myself putting the mask on in grocery stores sometimes, not because of paranoia but because of habit.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #874
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

He literally responds to everything like a fed pro. His emails make me like him even more.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:21 AM   #875
Blue Crack Addict

I had my hair appointment Saturday. The owner is my stylist, she has made masks optional now and I decided not to wear one. Not gonna lie, I second guessed that decision afterwards. It's difficult for me to flip that switch, to sort out what can be conflicting information, and to deal with my anxiety. Even though I am fully vaccinated. For me over a year of this stuff has been traumatic. I don't use that word lightly, I deal with other trauma.

The two other customers in the salon wore masks, both stylists didn't. I was in a convenience store over the weekend. Put my mask on before entering. Neither employee was wearing a mask. Went to CVS-no more sign requiring masks, but all employees and customers that I saw were wearing masks. Put mine on before I entered the store.

Saw on my local library's Facebook page-no more person taking your contact info at front door. And tables and chairs where you are allowed to sit. Woohoo! I think it's probably still time limited, I don't know.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #876
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Agreed. I still find myself putting the mask on in grocery stores sometimes, not because of paranoia but because of habit.
Yeah, breaking that habit requires a conscious effort, finally did a stop at the store without a mask yesterday, but avoided other shoppers still as best I could. These behaviors have become ingrained.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:23 PM   #877
Blue Crack Distributor

i found myself forgetting my mask this weekend. for 14 months it was like putting on your damn undies - it's just something you do (unless you're canadian). but i've started getting used to not needing it in as many places - and that change came pretty quickly.

i've also been around some very large crowds over the past few weeks - and you know what? it's weird for a second, but you'll be amazed how quickly you remember what it was like to not have to worry about this shit.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:22 PM   #878
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

plus, who wants to be mistaken for a dipshit Republican?
Old 06-02-2021, 07:25 PM   #879
Blue Crack Addict

I read an article today about Dr. Fauci's emails. Very impressed by his dedication and character-taking the time to respond to so many emails in the middle of the pandemic and all the Trump craziness. A true professional and I think a truly good man. I don't know how he did all that he did, and he still does it.

Look at this fool

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210602-191849~2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	12868
Old 06-02-2021, 10:25 PM   #880
Blue Crack Addict

It certainly has been weird going to the store without a mask for the first time in over a year. Still plenty of people wearing one, which is fine. But a strange feeling nonetheless.