Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see how hard we get hit in Chicago after the Lollapalooza clusterfuck. :grumpy:

I think checking proof of vaccination at something like that is pretty much a joke. In the video clips I saw of people streaming in at the entrances, people were holding up cards as they were walking through. As we know fake cards exist.

Maybe that was a misrepresentation, but I'm skeptical. If you're going to require vaccination then you have to put the actual effort into that. Limiting the crowd would have helped with that, but $.

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1422331684372901888?s=21

This school year is going to be a disaster. Mask mandates for kids (and we should all have high quality masks), vaccine mandates for teachers and staff.

Otherwise we’ll be right back to virtual within a few weeks.

Read online the vaccine for <12 year old is anywhere from end of august to October for emergency approval. See how that goes. I have friends who are vaccinated, didn’t hesitate, yet are on the fence to get their kid vaccinated.

I think checking proof of vaccination at something like that is pretty much a joke. In the video clips I saw of people streaming in at the entrances, people were holding up cards as they were walking through. As we know fake cards exist.

Maybe that was a misrepresentation, but I'm skeptical. If you're going to require vaccination then you have to put the actual effort into that. Limiting the crowd would have helped with that, but $.

Indeed. There's no way security could have verified documentation for that many people, no matter how well-intentioned they were.

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1422331684372901888?s=21

This school year is going to be a disaster. Mask mandates for kids (and we should all have high quality masks), vaccine mandates for teachers and staff.

Otherwise we’ll be right back to virtual within a few weeks.

Read online the vaccine for <12 year old is anywhere from end of august to October for emergency approval. See how that goes. I have friends who are vaccinated, didn’t hesitate, yet are on the fence to get their kid vaccinated.

deep breaths, my man. deep breaths.

okay - so let's get this out of the way. a federal vaccine mandate is not legal. they can't do it. let's stop asking them to do it, because they can't. it will get thrown out in court immediately and will do more harm than good. there's a loophole where they could potentially institute a tax upon those who choose to go unvaccinated - but that would require an act of congress (not an executive order) - and let's be real here - that's not happening as long as the filibuster exists (and possibly wouldn't pass even if it didn't).

local governments? they have more wiggle room. and employers absolutely can (and should) institute vaccine mandates, provided they allow for medical and religious exceptions. state vaccine mandates have been instituted before and were protected by the supreme court. whether this current court would uphold or overturn that? ahh who knows. but state, local and private industry is our best bet here.

so enough with the "got'cha" political soundbites. the biden administration's hands are tied. they can push states to do it- and i think they should - but their abilities to do it themselves are extraordinarily limited.

where they fucked up was letting go of the mask mandate too soon, and also not pushing for vaccine passports to be more widely used. but i do think the thought process on that is changing rapidly and vaccine passports will be more widely used and accepted in short order. buy that Clear stock, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom