Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re against an experimental, non FDA approved vaccine thats been used 300+ million times with little to no side effects.

We’re for a parasite killing drug that’s been used maybe 2,000x and the data has been manipulated and proven fraudulent in certain reports. Cause you know, why not experiment and see if it works ???

We are never getting out of this until it’s mandated for travel, and private companies decide they actually want their workforce back in office and say get the shot or take the test daily

All this....over a shot....that no one used to question....until a President politicized the most deadly virus we've seen in our lifetime.

To be fair many people have been anti vaxxers (including Robert Kennedy Jr) long before Trump. But absolutely, Trump politicized covid and the vaccines. And his supporters continue to do that every day.

But of course when Trump touted warp speed he was Jesus reincarnated.

Never thought I'd see the day of a vaccine clinic at a concert. But if it helps why not?

Garth Brooks is taking over Kansas City's Arrowhead Stadium next Saturday — and in addition to enjoying music, fans will have an opportunity to get a jab, too.

The Aug. 7 concert is set to have a COVID-19 vaccination clinic on-site, the Kansas City Star reported Wednesday.

Kansas City Chiefs president Mark Donovan said during a media call on Monday that the organization's "goal is to get as many people vaccinated as possible, on the business side as well as in the community."

"We're going to continue to take advantage of every opportunity we can to create vaccination opportunities," he said.

He added: "We've got a little concert coming up here with Garth Brooks with about 70,000-plus fans, and we're working on having a vaccination site on-site for the concert. We'll continue to do that. Not sure if we're going to be able to do it on game days. We're trying to work through that as well."

So of course federal workers don't have to get vaccinated. If they don't, they have to wear a mask and distance. Can't travel for work.

Also have to get tested once or twice per week.

Last edited:
Leave it to Alberta canada to completely remove all sorts of restrictions. Pretty soon even if you have covid, you don’t have to isolate. If you were exposed to covid, you don’t have to isolate. Lol. Btw for those of you who may not know Alberta is a strongly conservative province. Is it really any surprise? Lol

Oh btw they announced all these things on the day where their covid cases are surging! Smart!
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/alberta-covid-19-rules-mask-isolation-banff-161121666.html

Edit, also Alberta will no longer be testing any more so soon enough we will not even know how many cases they have.

I wish My province wasn’t so close to them but sadly we might be going in that direction too.

Last edited:
So of course federal workers don't have to get vaccinated. If they don't, they have to wear a mask and distance. Can't travel for work.

Also have to get tested once or twice per week.

i'm ok with this as a first step. you'll never be able to fully mandate the vaccine - there are always religious and medical exemptions - but making it painful to those who simply choose not to get vaccinated is something i am very much there for.

make it hard as shit to get by without the vaccine. shove a q-tip up their nose every day.

i'm ok with this as a first step. you'll never be able to fully mandate the vaccine - there are always religious and medical exemptions - but making it painful to those who simply choose not to get vaccinated is something i am very much there for.

make it hard as shit to get by without the vaccine. shove a q-tip up their nose every day.

I know, it's just frustrating. I am all in favor of making it as difficult as possible for people who don't have a legit reason.

Of course you can't require proof of medical or religious exemptions either.

What a mess. For a brief time it was looking better.

We had a good month or 2, guess that's something.
So damn frustrating. Those of us who've done everything to avoid/prevent/stop the spread of this thing are being punished again because of those who don't give a flying F till they are getting a tube jammed down their throat.
(Most) people suck.

Debating if I should just go ahead and get me some of that Pfizer to top off the J&J I got in the early spring.

I'm sure that's the next step for everyone. No matter which vax you took first or second.

(gratefully an earlier J&J guy myself)

I know, it's just frustrating. I am all in favor of making it as difficult as possible for people who don't have a legit reason.

Of course you can't require proof of medical or religious exemptions either.

Look - it's still okay. We're much better off than we were even 6 months ago. Even with Delta - people aren't dying as quickly because it's mostly younger persons getting sick.

But we absolutely need to get vaccination rates up before fall and winter, and before another variant comes along that the vaccine doesn't work against.

Britain is having plummetting rates of covid because they got their vax rates up. We can do the same, and signs seem to be pointing in the direction that we are - but still much to be done.

But to your point about not requiring proof? Yea, we can. Corporations can, airlines can, trains can, schools can.

And many are.

But we need the last step to be the Federal government adding a vax or test requirement when it comes to travel. That's the lynchpin that will put us over the top. It needs to be done. Yesterday.

Did a very long walk on a bike trail today. Saw some people wearing masks while walking and riding bikes. So this is definitely affecting people. I support people doing whatever makes them feel comfortable, I don't wear one outdoors.

Went to a movie and wore a mask the entire time. Was I happy about that? No. But I felt more comfortable doing that.

Daily Beast

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) told supporters at a campaign event Saturday that the “Florida variant” and “freedom variant” of COVID-19 had infected his brain. Speaking in front of what appeared to be a trailer featuring a life-size image of Donald Trump and the words, “Trump won!” Gaetz said, “You’ve had all the experts say look out for the delta variant or the lambda variant, well next it’ll be the Chi Omega variant or the Pi Kappa Psi variant. I got the Florida variant. I got the freedom variant. It affects the brain. It gets you to think for yourself where you don’t just surrender to the truth that they’re trying to create in corrupt big media.” Though ostensibly a joke, the remark comes on the same day that Florida, Gaetz’s home state and the one he represents, broke its record for most coronavirus cases recorded in a single day since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.

to his credit (blech), he did acknowledge in his announcement that his condition would probably be more serious if he wasn't vaccinated, and encouraged his twitter followers to go get their shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom