Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfizer is saying well need a 3rd shot

CDC is saying not so fast.

I do think a booster will probably be needed eventually, maybe not as soon as Pharma is saying but i hate this disagreement because it only creates more doubt.

Maybe 6G is in the booster?

There should be a law barring Pfizer from making public health statements like that. Pfizer should shut the fuck up and stick to their job - manufacturing vaccines and conducting vaccine studies. Let their government coffers determine what their direction is.

I love the gymnastics that big pharma is so greedy they’ll release any medication and get the doctors to go along with it to numb us all into obedience

Yet

They also suppress the cure for cancer because they want to keep us sick and need their other meds more.

Wouldn’t the cure for cancer go for a pretty penny too ??

Honestly that was my initial reaction too.

But now it's looking like the Israelis are starting to observe waning immunity past 6 months so I'm not sure we can just totally write off Pfizer's statement at this point.

We need more data from other places like the US which got on the Pfizer bandwagon early. We also need data on Moderna because their dosage was considerably higher than Pfizer's and it could be that we won't see the same reduction in immunity over time.

But basically, smart to wait on the data at this point.

Honestly that was my initial reaction too.

But now it's looking like the Israelis are starting to observe waning immunity past 6 months so I'm not sure we can just totally write off Pfizer's statement at this point.

We need more data from other places like the US which got on the Pfizer bandwagon early. We also need data on Moderna because their dosage was considerably higher than Pfizer's and it could be that we won't see the same reduction in immunity over time.

But basically, smart to wait on the data at this point.

The bottom line is it isn’t Pfizer’s place to make such a statement and I’m shocked their government contract doesn’t have them hit with a huge fine for doing so.

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/1414957115635081219?s=21

I think the idea of America needs to be two separate countries.

We’re about to see a divide in regards to the pandemic, blue states doing well enough. Red states with surges.

When more than half the states don’t want to govern how can this be sustainable ?

It’ll be same way with climate, UI benefits, etc etc.

So much unnecessary suffering because the GOP turned into a death cult

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/1414957115635081219?s=21

I think the idea of America needs to be two separate countries.

We’re about to see a divide in regards to the pandemic, blue states doing well enough. Red states with surges.

When more than half the states don’t want to govern how can this be sustainable ?

It’ll be same way with climate, UI benefits, etc etc.

So much unnecessary suffering because the GOP turned into a death cult

Not saying that there isn’t an outbreak in Tennessee, but holy shit fake news and really really bad irresponsible reporting. 400% increase over 2 weeks? There’s one single day of significance to be able to make that statement, clearly because Tennessee isn’t being responsible with how they report data (multiple days of 0 followed by big dumps of results).

At this point I'm losing hope in the land border opening anytime soon.

We can fly in and out of the US now but it's still very annoying if you're fully vaxxed. First we need to provide (and pay for) a COVID test before we leave (and it's not the Americans requiring it, it's an exit requirement by the Canadian federal government,) and then have to pay for a PCR test in the US to be taken within 72 hrs of returning. Then we have to take another test upon landing and need to isolate at home until we get a negative result. And kids under 12 can't even do this unless you agree to quarantine them for 14 days on return. Basically every other nation is allowing kids under 12 to go without quarantine if/when travelling with fully vaxxed parents, but not us.

Could be an All Star Game covid fiasco, Aaron Judge is said to be one of the Yankees who tested positive. Could be breakthrough infections, could be unvaccinated players. Wasn't that much mask wearing at the game that I could see.

With all this Delta variant stuff, I am going back to a mask and being cautious. It was nice while it lasted.

I've been back in the yoga studio teaching and practicing daily. No masks (though i don't see the point when you're pouring sweat). At this point I'm taking my chances science has my back (and lungs).

What I am afraid of is that we'll keep giving covid enough chances to mutate and put us back to March 2020, although I'm still not sure how that would really happen. By this point haven't we reached enough people with vaccination and natural infection to provide enough of a wall to keep hospitals from overflowing?

For me it's stories about vaccinated people still getting very sick, usually due to Delta I assume. Like that Catt Sadler.

I don't want to be here after almost a year and a half, after finally getting vaccinated, only to get very sick. It's extremely frustrating, after thinking vaccination was an end point of some sort. Maybe I already got it from being in places unmasked. So sick of all of it.

Aaron Judge is actually in covid protocol, but the Yankees assume his test will come back positive. I just selfishly want baseball to be fine. It seems symbolic of a big step backwards.

Could be an All Star Game covid fiasco, Aaron Judge is said to be one of the Yankees who tested positive. Could be breakthrough infections, could be unvaccinated players. Wasn't that much mask wearing at the game that I could see.

With all this Delta variant stuff, I am going back to a mask and being cautious. It was nice while it lasted.
There are a LOT of professional athletes who are not vaccinated. A lot.

The WNBA has a 99% vaccination rate, though, because generally men are dumber.

Was just reading story of a guy who is one of the break through Covid positive cases from Provincetown that's been in the news this week here.
So he and his group of friends went on basically a 6 day bender in P-Town for July 4th. All were vaxxed, he's the only one who tested positive. He said he figured the vaccine was like a shield and he thought he was invincible.

Basically my thoughts are you don't have to go back to all your pre-vaccine precautions, just use some common sense and avoid some things (like 6 straight nights of crowded nightclubs in Provincetown for instance) and in certain situations use a mask and distance.
But the break throughs are still a very low overall number, right in line with, in fact better than, the reported efficacy rate of the vaccines.

Heard on radio that the percentage of fully vaxxed MA residences who have since tested positive is 0.1% of those 4.3 Mil folks.
So basically the vaccines are working, never were said to be 100%, but they are pretty close.
Of course when you have a situation like the Yankees or P-Town, it becomes news and some outlets will sound the alarm. Don't let that freak you out too much.

Was just reading story of a guy who is one of the break through Covid positive cases from Provincetown that's been in the news this week here.

So he and his group of friends went on basically a 6 day bender in P-Town for July 4th. All were vaxxed, he's the only one who tested positive. He said he figured the vaccine was like a shield and he thought he was invincible.

Basically my thoughts are you don't have to go back to all your pre-vaccine precautions, just use some common sense and avoid some things (like 6 straight nights of crowded nightclubs in Provincetown for instance) and in certain situations use a mask and distance.

But the break throughs are still a very low overall number, right in line with, in fact better than, the reported efficacy rate of the vaccines.

Heard on radio that the percentage of fully vaxxed MA residences who have since tested positive is 0.1% of those 4.3 Mil folks.

So basically the vaccines are working, never were said to be 100%, but they are pretty close.

Of course when you have a situation like the Yankees or P-Town, it becomes news and some outlets will sound the alarm. Don't let that freak you out too much.

I have a lot of friends who were in P-town this past week. Everyone is vaccinated. But I’m still going to be a bit cautious going out this weekend, if at all, for fear of people coming back with more than exhausted livers.

We’ve been several times over the past 10 years or so, and the clubbing is pretty astonishing for what’s basically a small Portuguese fishing village — it’s all old and small and crowded and sweaty and that’s what makes us so great, but also exactly why we said no way this year.

Pride weekend here in San Diego, and out of complete ignorance is Pride same weekend everywhere ??? (I can Google too)

It’s not 100% of what it was pre covid, no concerts etc but still a large gathering of hot and sweaty people. I would imagine numbers to go up slightly here but can’t see a mask mandate coming back down like in LA county

I do have a sinking feeling about all of this though. We were given basically a miracle with these vaccines, a way out, and because of stupidity, anti vax, and the GQP we may end up back where we were before. Mass suffering and economic damage

Which is exactly what the GQP want heading into 2022 and 2024

Yea this is important to remember. It's also equally important to remember that nobody has died from COVID-19 who has received the vaccine.

And I don't think I've read anything else about vaccinated people spreading the virus - so the odds of a vaccinated person passing it along are still very low.

But for fucks sake if there was any doubt that the GOP and their media outlets are part of a death cult to dear leader that doubt is certainly vanished.

It's utterly infuriating that we have a historic scientific breakthrough that can stop this thing in it's tracks - that is safe, amazingly effective, and FREE!

And large portions of this country (and others I know) are like ehhhh nah. No thanks. I'll take my chances with the deadly virus, libtard.

And the next anti-vaxx republican who says my body my choice will get punched in the face.

Pride weekend here in San Diego, and out of complete ignorance is Pride same weekend everywhere ??? (I can Google too)

It’s not 100% of what it was pre covid, no concerts etc but still a large gathering of hot and sweaty people. I would imagine numbers to go up slightly here but can’t see a mask mandate coming back down like in LA county

I do have a sinking feeling about all of this though. We were given basically a miracle with these vaccines, a way out, and because of stupidity, anti vax, and the GQP we may end up back where we were before. Mass suffering and economic damage

Which is exactly what the GQP want heading into 2022 and 2024
We're not going to head back to where we were unless a variant emerges that can break through the vaccine.

We'll never truly get back to normal until more people get vaccinated, but more and more we're just splitting off into two separate Americas.

And one of those two will continue to die off unnecessarily.

Cases are going to spike up again everywhere because nobody gives a shit anymore, the variants are spreading and it's possible that mRNA protection is waning, but you'll see the difference between the vaccinated and vaccinated areas with regards to hospitalizations and deaths.

Florida's 7 day moving average for deaths has already spiked past California's while only having 54% of its population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom