Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fauci emails have been released. It's been a joy reading some of the idiots try to make scandals out of a guy doing his job.

Fauci emails have been released. It's been a joy reading some of the idiots try to make scandals out of a guy doing his job.

it's really sad, but not overly surprising.

honestly there's plenty of idiocy regarding science and facts on both sides. obviously it's worse on the right - but there are plenty of people on the left who are still shuttered in their houses and won't go outside without a hazmat suit even though they're double vaxxed.

i suppose you could say one side is science denial and the other is merely paranoia - but let's go folks. if the response when trump is being an incompetent asshole is "trust the science" and "believe fauci"? then now, when the science says the vaccines work and fauci is saying you don't need to wear a mask anymore when you're vaccinated? then, ya know, do that.

it's really sad, but not overly surprising.

honestly there's plenty of idiocy regarding science and facts on both sides. obviously it's worse on the right - but there are plenty of people on the left who are still shuttered in their houses and won't go outside without a hazmat suit even though they're double vaxxed.

i suppose you could say one side is science denial and the other is merely paranoia - but let's go folks. if the response when trump is being an incompetent asshole is "trust the science" and "believe fauci"? then now, when the science says the vaccines work and fauci is saying you don't need to wear a mask anymore when you're vaccinated? then, ya know, do that.

Agreed. I still find myself putting the mask on in grocery stores sometimes, not because of paranoia but because of habit.

I had my hair appointment Saturday. The owner is my stylist, she has made masks optional now and I decided not to wear one. Not gonna lie, I second guessed that decision afterwards. It's difficult for me to flip that switch, to sort out what can be conflicting information, and to deal with my anxiety. Even though I am fully vaccinated. For me over a year of this stuff has been traumatic. I don't use that word lightly, I deal with other trauma.

The two other customers in the salon wore masks, both stylists didn't. I was in a convenience store over the weekend. Put my mask on before entering. Neither employee was wearing a mask. Went to CVS-no more sign requiring masks, but all employees and customers that I saw were wearing masks. Put mine on before I entered the store.

Saw on my local library's Facebook page-no more person taking your contact info at front door. And tables and chairs where you are allowed to sit. Woohoo! I think it's probably still time limited, I don't know.

Agreed. I still find myself putting the mask on in grocery stores sometimes, not because of paranoia but because of habit.

Yeah, breaking that habit requires a conscious effort, finally did a stop at the store without a mask yesterday, but avoided other shoppers still as best I could. These behaviors have become ingrained.

i found myself forgetting my mask this weekend. for 14 months it was like putting on your damn undies - it's just something you do (unless you're canadian). but i've started getting used to not needing it in as many places - and that change came pretty quickly.

i've also been around some very large crowds over the past few weeks - and you know what? it's weird for a second, but you'll be amazed how quickly you remember what it was like to not have to worry about this shit.

I read an article today about Dr. Fauci's emails. Very impressed by his dedication and character-taking the time to respond to so many emails in the middle of the pandemic and all the Trump craziness. A true professional and I think a truly good man. I don't know how he did all that he did, and he still does it.

Look at this fool

Screenshot_20210602-191849~2.jpg

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1401205060487434242

In case you’re wondering, no, we still can’t buy underwear in Ontario. They are just relentlessly trying to mentally kill us.

I got called up for my 2nd dose of Moderna today, didn’t have time to go in so am going on Monday morning. I know it won’t get me any extra immunity since I had Covid but need it for the eventual vaccine passport. And with that, my own personal nightmare of this ends.

In case you’re wondering, no, we still can’t buy underwear in Ontario. They are just relentlessly trying to mentally kill us.

I got called up for my 2nd dose of Moderna today, didn’t have time to go in so am going on Monday morning. I know it won’t get me any extra immunity since I had Covid but need it for the eventual vaccine passport. And with that, my own personal nightmare of this ends.

great to hear :up: i'm scheduled for my second dose in august but hopeful that date gets moved up into july.

i'm convinced at this point that doug ford is on a power trip for the ages and doesn't want to relinquish the control he has, for as long as possible.

Guys! They are reopening stage 1 THREE whole days early on Friday. Yay for underwear (retail capacity restricted to 15% so you'll wait in line for 3 hrs).

We can also dine outdoors with 3 other people at our table. I think only from your household but let's get real.

No haircuts until July 2.

And I got my 2nd Moderna jab yesterday, promptly booked flights, domestic because we still have an international flight quarantine in effect and I am not stupid enough to be trapped in a room with a 3 and 5 yr old for days.

Trudeau appears to be complying with the haircut thing, judging by the G7.

I was thrilled to get back to a movie theater today. Wasn't going to go there without being fully vaccinated. Saw In The Heights first showing, there were only three other people in the theater. I am not yet comfortable with someone sitting next to me or close by. Not indoors. It's taking baby steps for me and that's fine.

Also LeBron James has a movie coming out with Bugs Bunny

(CNN)A dispute over a mask Monday at a grocery store led to shootout that left an employee dead and two people, including a sheriff's deputy, injured, according to DeKalb County Sheriff Melody Maddox.

The suspect entered the Big Bear Supermarket at South DeKalb Mall in Decatur, in the Atlanta-metro area, where there was an argument with the cashier over a mask. Maddox gave few details about the argument but said it was over a face mask.

The suspect then shot the employee and she died from her injuries, Maddox said at a news conference Monday.

A reserve deputy working security at the store fired at the suspect, who returned fire. Both were injured and taken to local hospitals.

Maddox said the reserve deputy was a 30-year veteran of the force prior to retiring and joining the reserve unit. He is in stable condition.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and DeKalb County Police are investigating the incident.

Ricky is such a Karen. Dave Grohl is an ignorant punk!

Yahoo Music
Ricky Schroder protests Foo Fighters show over vaccine mandate

The Foo Fighters played their first full-capacity concert since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, but one of the more recognizable faces wasn't in the audience. Child actor Ricky Schroder ventured over to the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, Calif. on Tuesday night to join protesters upset over the concert's vaccine mandate.

Schroder, 51, was photographed with a group of several dozen protestors holding signs like "Foo Fighters fight to bring segregation back" and "event for vaccinated only, unvaccinated not allowed," per Variety.

"What they’re doing is saying only vax people, separating humans is not OK," one of the protesters told CBS Los Angeles. "Those of us who have healthy immune systems should be able to enjoy these freedoms just like everybody else."

The Foo Fighters required attendees to show proof they received a COVID-19 vaccine in order to purchase tickets, which were only sold in-person last weekend. Schroder made his stance on that very clear in a Facebook post earlier this week.

"Dave Grohl is an ignorant punk who needs to be slapped for supporting discrimination. Ignorance comes in all shapes & sizes," The Champ star wrote.

Around 600 people clearly didn't mind the mandate as the Foo Fighters concert was sold out. They plan to keep the same rule in place ahead of Sunday's full-capacity show at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Last edited:
i was at Walter Reed for work that day. Left about 45 minutes or so before Trump's arrival.

No Secret Service. No extra security. No sense whatsoever that a POTUS visit was scheduled (as they claimed). They never even searched our van because a Walter Reed staffer came out of the gates and rode in with us.

There is absolutely zero chance that the Walter Reed trip was planned in advance. Zero.
Ah, yes, I remember you were there for work that day.
Thank the powers he is no longer the pResident!!!

Here we are in Ontario, with a higher rate of vaccination than Canada as a whole, and we are still in a stay-at-home order.

Tomorrow that will be lifted...but nothing is reopening. Yes, you read that right. We'll be able to legally leave our homes for a non-essential reason. We still can't buy underwear or send the kids to school or go camping. :lol:
I had no idea you were under such strictures! I'm a public radio listener. Surprised I didn't hear anything.

I was thrilled to get back to a movie theater today. Wasn't going to go there without being fully vaccinated. Saw In The Heights first showing, there were only three other people in the theater. I am not yet comfortable with someone sitting next to me or close by. Not indoors. It's taking baby steps for me and that's fine.
l think there's a dance number in a park. That was my childhood park. ?

Glad more of you are getting vaxxed. ?

Not that anyone should care, but I went to my first baseball game last night. Full crowd. Some people were wearing masks, I didn't wear one. The PA guy made an announcement suggesting that unvaccinated people wear a mask.

You went to Pedroia night?
How did you feel in the crowd? Any anxiety or did it feel kind of back to normal?

Yes, I just had to. He was my Mom's favorite player(and mine too). She would have cried when he retired, and last night. His entrance to shooting flames and smoke was a bit much, but the ceremony was great.

As for my anxiety well honestly my medication helped with that. It did feel strange and I kept wondering if I should put a mask on. Had to wear one on the train and subway, of course you just gotta love the people who ignore that.

a bunch of old white republicans complaining about segregation outside a private business is just

tumblr_oq5ktciuyV1wp6osho1_500.gif

My dr told me this morning that I should still be wearing a mask and distancing when I don't know that everyone around me has been vaccinated. That is what she is doing. That if I can tolerate a mask, it's best to wear it. I told her that I went to a baseball game and didn't wear one. Didn't get around to telling her that I haven't been wearing them in stores or the movies or other places.

I know that most doctors are very cautious about it. But I do trust her opinion. She also said that isolation isn't healthy either, and I know that. So wth to do, I think it's back to masks often for me. Was already thinking about doing that anyway, so that's why I asked her.

Early data in Israel is showing that the Delta variant does increase the risk of getting infected and sick with being vaccinated, but still shows close to 90% blockage against severe illness or death.

The data shows a drop of 90ish% to 64% efficacy for mild to moderate illness.

We keep giving this thing chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom