Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2021, 08:42 AM   #341
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:30 AM
Johnson & Johnson single shot vaccine passed the FDA and may be approved for use by this weekend.

Let's gooooooooooo
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-24-2021, 06:09 PM   #342
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,511
Local Time: 03:30 PM
https://twitter.com/erictopol/status...100316162?s=21

The messaging around the vaccines should be it’ll keep you from getting severely sick or dead.

Doesn’t matter which one you take.

Add that a 30 day window is necessary to achieve these results. So don’t go doing jello body shots the night of first (or only) dose
__________________

BEAL is online now  
Old 02-24-2021, 07:11 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Vaccine messaging has been really horrific in a lot of places.

Yes, we get why even though once you yourself are vaccinated, you have to still keep wearing a mask, distance, etc. because it will take some time until we have herd immunity and we have to accept that we live in a global society which also means that until we're all vaccinated (to at least herd immunity status, whatever that % may be), we can't just go on business as usual. This thing doesn't respect borders. BUT the way this message is being delivered by a lot of public health/media people is almost as if, you can get vaccinated but NOTHING CHANGES. Hello?? Way to sell mass vaccination.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-24-2021, 08:23 PM   #344
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:30 AM
The messaging should be "hey asshole, want things to be back to normal? Get a shot, dicks"
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-24-2021, 11:25 PM   #345
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The messaging should be "hey asshole, want things to be back to normal? Get a shot, dicks"


This. Public permit by vaccination. Same way we do kids in school. No shots no school no kidding. No shots no bar no kidding. No shots no concert no kidding. No shots no sports no kidding. You name it.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 02-24-2021, 11:36 PM   #346
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,461
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
This. Public permit by vaccination. Same way we do kids in school. No shots no school no kidding. No shots no bar no kidding. No shots no concert no kidding. No shots no sports no kidding. You name it.


Was just thinking how Vax Cards are going to be the new IDs.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 02-24-2021, 11:38 PM   #347
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,491
Local Time: 07:30 AM
I'm eligible on Monday. I was going to wait and see if my school would locate their own doses, but they're itching to reopen and if they fuck around and send us back after one dose, I'm going to regret the time I wasted.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 02-25-2021, 08:01 AM   #348
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Vaccine messaging has been really horrific in a lot of places.

Yes, we get why even though once you yourself are vaccinated, you have to still keep wearing a mask, distance, etc. because it will take some time until we have herd immunity and we have to accept that we live in a global society which also means that until we're all vaccinated (to at least herd immunity status, whatever that % may be), we can't just go on business as usual. This thing doesn't respect borders. BUT the way this message is being delivered by a lot of public health/media people is almost as if, you can get vaccinated but NOTHING CHANGES. Hello?? Way to sell mass vaccination.
I agree, and that includes Dr. Fauci. He wouldn't say that fully vaccinated seniors could hug their grandchildren. Neither will doctors in the media.

Some sports venues are opening up now (reduced capacity) that weren't open before, ex NYC. If you have to be fully vaccinated to attend, that is a motivator. Of course the problem is the general population that has to wait who knows how long. One theory is to give gen pop the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, and high risk and seniors the others.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 02-25-2021, 08:18 AM   #349
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
This. Public permit by vaccination. Same way we do kids in school. No shots no school no kidding. No shots no bar no kidding. No shots no concert no kidding. No shots no sports no kidding. You name it.
Well schools are going to bed another story until the vaccine is tested on children... but with the data in how little it impacts kids, if the teachers are all vaccinated there should be minimal issues.

There are already minimal issues in the schools that have opened... alas.

Many arenas/stadiums are preparing to use CLEAR as a way to fast track vaccinates people into buildings. The technology already exists at many buildings - it's merely a matter of the member attaching their medical info to their account.

Anyone who isn't vaccinated will be subject to testing.

All of this, of course, could change as numbers continue to plummet. But that is the tentative plan for the fall (and maybe earlier).
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-25-2021, 08:43 AM   #350
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I agree, and that includes Dr. Fauci. He wouldn't say that fully vaccinated seniors could hug their grandchildren. Neither will doctors in the media.

Some sports venues are opening up now (reduced capacity) that weren't open before, ex NYC. If you have to be fully vaccinated to attend, that is a motivator. Of course the problem is the general population that has to wait who knows how long. One theory is to give gen pop the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, and high risk and seniors the others.


They should not be encouraging or discouraging any hugging. I’m not sure that’s good messaging one way or another. Still need full confidence on transmissivity of the virus via vaccinated people.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 02-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #351
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
This. Public permit by vaccination. Same way we do kids in school. No shots no school no kidding. No shots no bar no kidding. No shots no concert no kidding. No shots no sports no kidding. You name it.
This makes sense except that I don't think you can do it until a substantial % are vaccinated. Otherwise you're creating havoc where you have two classes of citizens - vaccinated and unvaccinated and the majority of the second group may be people who WANT to be vaccinated but the rollout is bad, hasn't gotten to them, etc.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-25-2021, 10:13 AM   #352
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Still need full confidence on transmissivity of the virus via vaccinated people.
I see this bandied about a lot, but with what other vaccine do we see significant transmissivity by vaccinated people?
anitram is offline  
Old 02-25-2021, 10:13 AM   #353
War Child
 
Jerry Dunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 939
Local Time: 11:30 AM
The messaging is impossible to manage because you need one central authority (the federal government) running things, and while they're improving some aspects of the rollout, they're not interested in doing it. Their lobbied interests in healthcare/pharma do not want the federal government to successfully run this and show what single-payer healthcare could look like, so they've demanded that they be put in charge. Which means the feds are mostly just directing things behind the scenes, letting the individual states and companies essentially compete for the rollout and cause chaos. There's no hope in that part of it improving. The only thing that can improve at this point is more availability of the vaccines.
Jerry Dunk is offline  
Old 02-25-2021, 10:39 AM   #354
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,144
Local Time: 10:30 AM
DC botched the online rollout for the next phase of vaccines today... then pulled a Ted Cruz, lied and blamed someone else... and at the same time the school chancellor was tweeting about how they'll still be doing virtual school in the fall.

If these boneheads are going to remain in charge then perhaps this whole statehood thing isn't such a hot idea after all.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-25-2021, 11:39 AM   #355
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,511
Local Time: 03:30 PM
Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/polit...lls/index.html

It’s not surprising but it’s still shocking how badly they will cheat.

Code:
 (CNN)Arizona lawmakers are debating a new set of voting bills -- including one that would allow lawmakers to review election results "if needed" and would grant the legislature the power to pick the state's presidential electors -- as Republican lawmakers around the country work to change election laws in the wake of the 2020 election.
BEAL is online now  
Old 02-25-2021, 12:09 PM   #356
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This makes sense except that I don't think you can do it until a substantial % are vaccinated. Otherwise you're creating havoc where you have two classes of citizens - vaccinated and unvaccinated and the majority of the second group may be people who WANT to be vaccinated but the rollout is bad, hasn't gotten to them, etc.


Agreed entirely. This can only be once a certain amount of time has passed with general population availability, where the vaccine is widely available. But it’s the best way to get society safety but fully functioning. You could also consider a negative test within 72 hours to be a valid permission slip in the meantime?
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 02-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I see this bandied about a lot, but with what other vaccine do we see significant transmissivity by vaccinated people?


I’m not a subject matter expert by any means, so this is hearsay on my behalf, but I would assume it’s not likely to be an issue, but the stakes are also so much higher. Unstoppable force meets immovable object, so study more.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 02-25-2021, 01:09 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Agreed entirely. This can only be once a certain amount of time has passed with general population availability, where the vaccine is widely available. But it’s the best way to get society safety but fully functioning. You could also consider a negative test within 72 hours to be a valid permission slip in the meantime?
Also related to that is the question of whether to consider natural immunity (i.e. antigen testing).

Early in the pandemic there was a lot of talk about "immunity passports" that would be given to individuals with natural immunity due to having had COVID. This was before we thought vaccines would come quickly. The idea was fairly DOA because one implication was that an immunity passport would perversely function as an incentive to go get COVID.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #359
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
LJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belfast
Posts: 5,191
Local Time: 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I see this bandied about a lot, but with what other vaccine do we see significant transmissivity by vaccinated people?
This is something that is always filed under maybe with the flu vaccine, in that it 'may' prevent transmission to unvaccinated vulnerable people, but there isn't great data on that, that I can find.

Part of that is of course, we don't screen all staff every week looking for flu.

Its a question that falls in with how infectious are truly asymptomatic people, its a hard one to answer but it does seem to be way less than symptomatic people and was way overestimated at the beginning .

Might have a few more answers when they complete the trial on deliberately infecting 90 odd people in the summer.

But we will get to a point eventually when a sizeable majority is vaccinated where even a positive test is not going to mean much other than for mutation surveillance.

Anecdotally 3-4 weeks post staff at my hospital receiving our first jab we are down to 0 symptomatic staff and asymptomatic cases have also dropped off a cliff, the line is almost perpendicular to the x axis 4 weeks post jabs being done. Considering during that time we have had our biggest ever outbreak of covid on the wards amongst patients, that appears to me minus any stringent analysis pretty good efficacy after one shot.
LJT is offline  
Old 02-25-2021, 04:52 PM   #360
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
This is something that is always filed under maybe with the flu vaccine, in that it 'may' prevent transmission to unvaccinated vulnerable people, but there isn't great data on that, that I can find.
The flu shot is not a good comparison though, because it's built on past major strains + strains predicted by mathematical modelling. It's never been a particularly effective vaccine in the sense that your typical childhood illness vaccines are.

My feeling is that this talk of vaccinated people walking around infecting others is mostly fearmongering.
__________________

anitram is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×