Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #301
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
God, words can't express how much I can't stand her. Next time state elections roll around here, can Stacey Abrams come by and help us out?
how infuriating.

Right now Stacey is heading to Texas to hopefully effect
some change there.

Old 02-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #302
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
It’s a race against the UK variant.

It doesn’t help when states like Iowa say it’s all over and release all restrictions. Ditto for Supreme Court saying CA has to allow indoor church gatherings.

There is definitely light at end of tunnel but i think we got one more big surge left in us until we get into the open
I think it's more a race against an unknown or yet developed mutation vs. any of the existing/known mutations.

The vaccines we have approved here all seem to be still effective against the various mutations.

AstraZeneca's vaccine appears to have issues with the South African mutation, which is a problem for sure, but that particular vaccine isn't approved in the US.

Once J&J is approved, provides it does t show issues with the mutations, it could be a real game changer.

We're also fast approaching warmer weather. Keep an emphasis on outdoor dining through the spring, keep mask wearing going, keep the vaccines coming... there's a light at the end of the tunnel that can finally be seen.

Old 02-08-2021, 12:05 PM   #303
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:15 PM
I meant it's a race to get vaccinated before the UK variant takes over as the dominant strain. There's risk we still have one more big surge to get through if we can't get enough vaccines in arms.

Luckily the next month isn't really much for holidays or events so we shouldn't have giant super spreader events (minus a potential flare up of Super Bowl Sunday).

The most promising aspect of the vaccines, minus the AZ one (only cause it's data seems to be a mess) is that they prevent severe illness. I am curious to see if the vaccines also prevent some of the damage we see in asymptomatic infection.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:28 PM   #304
Blue Crack Distributor

Despite our horrific roll out, we're actually on pace to achieve herd immunity this year - well in advance of other western nations. And the roll out will only improve now that there's competent leadership at the federal level, not to mention the increase in types of vaccines.

And this decrease is happening while we're still in winter. Aa we move into March/April we'll see the cases start to drop on their own as more people move outdoors. Combine it with the vaccine and I'm really bullish on what the summer could bring.

I think by fall we could be in a situation where yes, there will still be the occasional flare up, but it'll be more localized and easier to stamp out.

Frankly the most encouraging sign that this is working is Florida. Cases are declining and, well, this is florida.

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/st...26011479486464

side note - The "we'll never go back to normal telecommuting is here to stay" trend also seems to be doing out. Zoom Fatigue is real and people are getting sick and tired of looking at a fucking screen all day.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:35 PM   #305
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:15 AM
I refuse to buy into the negative projections of the media and some medical people regarding things getting better. Basically because my mental health can't take it.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #306
Blue Crack Distributor

sonofabitch...

https://twitter.com/normcharlatan/st...65103522865153
Old 02-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Amazing.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:38 PM   #308
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The lead vaccinator and his needle....

Old 02-09-2021, 04:43 PM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor

Hewson and his mascot obsession again
Old 02-10-2021, 07:33 AM   #310
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Hewson and his mascot obsession again
I just enjoy posting photos of your past and present employment.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:25 AM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

🥴
Old 02-11-2021, 09:30 AM   #312
War Child

Both of the diabetic members of my family are getting their first vaccine doses this week.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Both of the diabetic members of my family are getting their first vaccine doses this week.
That's great news. My diabetic brother is getting his first dose next week, at his dr's office.

My state has been given an F for vaccine rollout and distribution. And it's well deserved. It makes me very angry, and I blame the governor. A resident who is home on maternity leave created an easier better web site for vaccine appointments than our state government did.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:04 AM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:15 PM
I should be getting my first dose - shot within the next few weeks. My company released a letter to most of us saying because we are a medical device manufacturer, we fall into the next tier.

Have to show the letter and my badge (or other proof of employment) and I’m good to go. Was not expecting to be eligible this soon but I’m gonna take advantage
Old 02-11-2021, 11:25 AM   #315
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 06:15 AM
Sounds like LA teachers will start being vaccinated in the next 2-3 weeks, so I suspect I'll be receiving my dose at some point in March.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:15 PM   #316
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
That's great news. My diabetic brother is getting his first dose next week, at his dr's office.

My state has been given an F for vaccine rollout and distribution. And it's well deserved. It makes me very angry, and I blame the governor. A resident who is home on maternity leave created an easier better web site for vaccine appointments than our state government did.
We're #42! We're #42! Hooray!!
Old 02-11-2021, 01:17 PM   #317
Blue Crack Distributor

All adults with preexisting conditions are supposed to be next in DC and god damn it I haven't completely stopped working out for the last 6 months for nothing.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:39 PM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
All adults with preexisting conditions are supposed to be next in DC and god damn it I haven't completely stopped working out for the last 6 months for nothing.

I better come up with a pre-existing condition fast because apparently the government thought I was expendable enough to make me come into work from day 0 of this pandemic but not worth it to vax me up.

Which for me is totally the right thing to do re: me waiting my turn, because my workplace is pretty non-exposure, but wow do I feel bad for grocery workers and foodservice people, who really really got the shit end of the stick.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:46 PM   #319
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I better come up with a pre-existing condition fast because apparently the government thought I was expendable enough to make me come into work from day 0 of this pandemic but not worth it to vax me up.

Which for me is totally the right thing to do re: me waiting my turn, because my workplace is pretty non-exposure, but wow do I feel bad for grocery workers and foodservice people, who really really got the shit end of the stick.
I have a friend who is with a marketing agency that has a government contract who has received the vaccine because he's technically doing government work.

I'd dig into this more. You might be eligible already. He's in Virginia so may be different rules.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #320
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
We're #42! We're #42! Hooray!!
I read one report that said it's actually 48.Baker is good at restrictions and lecturing us like children. But getting a life saving vaccine out that they knew was coming, nope. And he takes no responsibility for that, just makes excuses.