Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2021, 11:02 AM   #281
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
As a Brazilian, a note of caution: very hard to separate the supposedly increased infection rate of the virus as found in the northern states from the utter incompetent federal and local response, which made the situation profoundly worse, including by lack of decisive action in areas that would curb the spread. So I’d wait for real data before worrying too much.

The article notes that. Let’s hope the data is just janky.

Old 01-30-2021, 02:45 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
As a Brazilian, a note of caution: very hard to separate the supposedly increased infection rate of the virus as found in the northern states from the utter incompetent federal and local response, which made the situation profoundly worse, including by lack of decisive action in areas that would curb the spread. So I’d wait for real data before worrying too much.
Very true. I'll take anything that can help ease my worries a little .

Old 01-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #283
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 09:15 AM
One thing I take as a positive sign: Israel's 7 day average case numbers have dropped like a rock since they started aggressively vaccinating their population. They're so far ahead of us per capita that we will be able to use their situation to judge the impact of the vaccines for the foreseeable future.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:28 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Ooh, that is promising news indeed . Good for them.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:35 AM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

https://www.yahoo.com/news/idaho-wom...204658739.html

I highly recommend actually watching the people speak. Equal parts hilarious and horrifying.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:45 AM   #286
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:15 PM
https://twitter.com/k_g_andersen/sta...487896065?s=21

A long thread but helpful.

We have a lot of work ahead of us. I hope we can start getting those n95 masks out in full force
Old 01-31-2021, 12:42 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Slate.com

An anti-vaccine mob managed to shut down one of the largest vaccination sites in the country for almost an hour Saturday afternoon. A maskless horde of some 50 people gathered at the entrance to Dodger Stadium and the Los Angeles Fire Department closed the entrance for about an hour. That, of course, angered and frustrated people who had been waiting in line for hours for their turn to get a shot. Although several police officers went to the scene, no arrests were made. Despite the delay, everyone who was in line eventually got vaccinated.

The mob was made up of people who were part of both anti-vaccine and far-right groups. They carried signs against the vaccine and questioned the seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic. “TAKE OFF YOUR MASK,” read one of the signs. “COVID=SCAM,” another said. One person wore a grim reaper costume and some even went up to people who were waiting in line to criticize and mock them for getting vaccinated. “You are becoming a lab rat,” one person said in a video posted on Twitter. “I’m doing this for you, not for me.” Another person told a driver who was waiting in line: “Have fun being a byproduct of Bill Gates.”

The sign says mark of the beast ahead

Click image for larger version

Name:	c5d94b0e-db2f-48b7-8c88-4730d4355856.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	12790
Old 01-31-2021, 03:39 PM   #288
More 5G Than Man

The 7 day average for cases in the US is at its lowest point since mid November, right when the holiday season was beginning. Lowest number of hospitalizations since December 1. Good signs. Hopefully this carries on alongside the vaccination effort.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:43 PM   #289
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The 7 day average for cases in the US is at its lowest point since mid November, right when the holiday season was beginning. Lowest number of hospitalizations since December 1. Good signs. Hopefully this carries on alongside the vaccination effort.
I have my concerns about a Super Bowl spike. After that we should be good till St. Patrick's Day in terms of knuckleheads getting together. *Well outside of New Orleans on Mardi Gras, but at least that's just one locale).
Old 01-31-2021, 07:14 PM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

One must wonder if the drop is because post holiday or because inoculation of medical staff and patients/likely-patients is maybe cutting cross contamination or cutting likely new positive patients (elderly and sick being more likely to check into the hospital).
Old 01-31-2021, 07:37 PM   #291
ONE
love, blood, life

Well I got round 1 of the Pfizer vaccine today, and it has completely knocked me on my ass. Hope the side effects are less pronounced for anyone else who gets it.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:00 PM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

Half scientifically you can assume that that means you’re in the effectiveness bunch.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

😞

He was a very special man

BBC

Captain Sir Tom Moore has died with coronavirus.

The 100-year-old, who raised almost £33m for NHS charities by walking laps of his garden, was admitted to Bedford Hospital on Sunday.

The Queen led tributes to Capt Sir Tom, "recognising the inspiration he provided for the whole nation and others across the world".

His daughters said they "shared laughter and tears" with their father in their final few hours together.

Announcing his death, Hannah Ingram-Moore and Lucy Teixeira said the last year of their father's life had been "nothing short of remarkable".

He tested positive for Covid-19 last week. His family said due to other medication he was receiving for pneumonia, he was unable to be vaccinated.

The Army veteran won the nation's hearts by walking 100 laps of his garden in Marston Moretaine in Bedfordshire last year during the first lockdown, raising money for NHS Charities Together.

He was credited with lifting the nation's spirits and his saying "Tomorrow will be a good day" trended on social media.

He was knighted by the Queen in July in a special ceremony at Windsor Castle.

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said: "Her Majesty very much enjoyed meeting Capt Sir Tom and his family at Windsor last year. Her thoughts, and those of the royal family, are with them, recognising the inspiration he provided for the whole nation and others across the world.

In a statement, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said: "Captain Sir Tom Moore was a hero in the truest sense of the word. In the dark days of the Second World War he fought for freedom and in the face of this country's deepest post-war crisis he united us all, he cheered us all up, and he embodied the triumph of the human spirit.

"He became not just a national inspiration but a beacon of hope for the world. Our thoughts are with his daughter Hannah and all his family."

The flag above 10 Downing Street has been flying at half-mast in tribute and Mr Johnson has spoken to Mrs Ingram-Moore to offer his condolences.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_116746534_gettyimages-1210097699.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	12793
Old 02-03-2021, 04:33 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:45 AM
Also a tragic indictment on the state of the UK that he even felt that he had to do this, while the NHS has been underfunded for years.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:58 PM   #295
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
One must wonder if the drop is because post holiday or because inoculation of medical staff and patients/likely-patients is maybe cutting cross contamination or cutting likely new positive patients (elderly and sick being more likely to check into the hospital).
Probably both, but I'm with you that the vaccines are probably the main reason. The rates were going up even before the holidays. The holidays caused a spike, but considering as it's still winter and cold AF we'd likely see cases/hospitalizations/deaths continuing to rise if not for the vaccine roll out.

Now imagine where we'd be if the previous administration had given a shit.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:51 PM   #296
More 5G Than Man

Since January 24, the number of active coronavirus cases in California has dropped from 1,727,000 to 1,678,000. This doesn't sound like a lot, it's only about 3%, but the last two weeks have been our ONLY period of steady decline in terms of active cases during the entire pandemic. You can observe plateauing and individual days of decline, but not entire weeks of it.

The effect of the vaccines is very real and it has become apparent quickly.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #297
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Since January 24, the number of active coronavirus cases in California has dropped from 1,727,000 to 1,678,000. This doesn't sound like a lot, it's only about 3%, but the last two weeks have been our ONLY period of steady decline in terms of active cases during the entire pandemic. You can observe plateauing and individual days of decline, but not entire weeks of it.

The effect of the vaccines is very real and it has become apparent quickly.

From what I can tell, although the rollout is slower than it could/should have been, the US is doing the vaccine pretty well, second best to only the UK amongst larger countries. Israel also seems to be doing this really well.

Let’s hope it continues. Stay strong everyone. The fatigue is real, but we’re getting closer to the finish line. And the days are starting to get longer (in the northern hemisphere at least).

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-tracker.html
Old 02-06-2021, 08:56 PM   #298
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:15 PM
It’s a race against the UK variant.

It doesn’t help when states like Iowa say it’s all over and release all restrictions. Ditto for Supreme Court saying CA has to allow indoor church gatherings.

There is definitely light at end of tunnel but i think we got one more big surge left in us until we get into the open
Old 02-06-2021, 10:48 PM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
It doesn’t help when states like Iowa say it’s all over and release all restrictions.
God, words can't express how much I can't stand her. Next time state elections roll around here, can Stacey Abrams come by and help us out?
Old 02-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #300
Blue Crack Supplier

RIP Sir Tom Moore

This made me so sad