Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2020, 08:13 AM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Bye bye credibility

National Review

Dr. Birx Visited Relatives for Thanksgiving after Warning Against Holiday Travel

Zachary Evans

Mon, December 21, 2020, 2:32 PM EST

Dr. Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, traveled for Thanksgiving to gather with three generations of her family despite cautioning Americans not to travel for the holiday, the Associated Press reported on Monday.

“It looked like things were starting to improve in our northern plain states, and now with Thanksgiving, we’re worried that all of that will be reversed,” Dr. Birx said on CBS’s Face the Nation on November 29, after the holiday weekend ended. “If your family traveled, you have to assume that you were exposed and you became infected and you really need to get tested in the next week.”

Dr. Birx herself had traveled to her vacation property in Delaware the day after Thanksgiving along with her husband, daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren.

“To me this disqualifies her from any future government health position,” Dr. Angela Rasmussen, a virologist at Georgetown University’s Center for Global Health Science and Security, told the AP. “It's a terrible message for someone in public health to be sending to the American people.”

Old 12-23-2020, 10:15 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
So glad to hear that you seem to have avoided it gump!

I still have no sense of smell/taste, kind of used to it now. It isn't bothering me as much as I thought it would. But I'm still huffing and puffing going up the stairs, just totally out of breath. It's the COVID lungs, and there is nothing to do but wait for them to repair themselves hopefully. I was prescribed a steroid spray yesterday, though it takes several days to take effect so I'm hoping that will have a positive impact on the breathing issues.

Everyone else is doing well, though my husband still says he has brain fog on and off.

I know there are variants of the virus and a theoretical, if rare in practice, chance of reinfection, but nonetheless I feel a LOT better being in public now that I know I have antibodies, at least for a few months. I've not relaxed my mask wearing, distancing, etc, but it's just not as scary when somebody bumps into you in the aisle of a grocery store.

Thanks, anitram. Also relieved that our nanny has recovered well.

I’m glad to know you are doing better, but I can’t imagine the toll it takes. Hope the lungs recover in no time (a friend went through the same thing and had lung issues for a few weeks then got better). And I can imagine the feeling of knowing you have some protection now. I wanted to get an antibody test again (last had it in July) but the doctor at the clinic recommended against it - i think testing is again overwhelmed in the US so they are probably trying to manage it.

Old 12-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Who could have foreseen that vaccine rollout would face the same problems as the testing rollout?
Old 12-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:29 AM
Especially with Trump / Pence in charge.

Biden should be re-elected on the spot if he can fix this within a year.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Looking like theres a chance these vaccine doses could expire if not used soon. That’s unbelievable

Why not just send the stuff to any pharmacy, clinic, hospital and let anyone sign up ?

I do understand that part of the problem could be logistics and infrastructure but we can’t blow this or we’ll literally be in this exact same spot this time next year cause it’ll take too damn long to get enough people covered
Old 12-30-2020, 02:01 PM   #206
Blue Crack Supplier

Now the Rona has gone too far, Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island has fallen victim:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/daw...nn-1234876755/
Old 12-30-2020, 02:16 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

F you covid😞
Old 12-30-2020, 02:40 PM   #208
Blue Crack Supplier

And Ginger still lives. What a world, what a world.
Old 12-30-2020, 04:31 PM   #209
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...215281665?s=21

Are we trying to fuck this up completely media ??? Hill isn’t the only one with stupid headlines like this. Reuters is another

The vaccine doesn’t reach its full protection until a week or two after the 2nd dose. 90-93%

So you are still susceptible to the virus after the first shot, especially immediately after getting it.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:22 AM   #210
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...215281665?s=21

Are we trying to fuck this up completely media ??? Hill isn’t the only one with stupid headlines like this. Reuters is another

The vaccine doesn’t reach its full protection until a week or two after the 2nd dose. 90-93%

So you are still susceptible to the virus after the first shot, especially immediately after getting it.
The vast majority of commenters appear to know all this and are saying as much, but I know there are many more out there who will read that and spread incorrect assumptions around.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:44 AM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Saw that some senior citizens are camping out in FL overnight in hopes of getting the vaccine.

Florida, where human decency goes to die. MAGA!
Old 12-31-2020, 11:15 AM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1...397702657?s=21
Old 12-31-2020, 11:23 AM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

It’s not unreasonable that 1 in 5 don’t want to go first. Keep in mind people could have preexisting conditions, they could be pregnant, etc., the real question is if they’re declining all together or just declining going first.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:29 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
It’s not unreasonable that 1 in 5 don’t want to go first. Keep in mind people could have preexisting conditions, they could be pregnant, etc., the real question is if they’re declining all together or just declining going first.
Yeah, my guess is that most of us here will have the benefit of watching how it goes for 3+ months if not longer. Personally I’d get the vaccine today, although my antibody levels are very high so probably no need, but I do understand the hesitation to be first in line.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:04 PM   #215
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 01:29 AM
I would be happy to take someone else's unused vaccine if they don't want it. Too bad that's not how it works!
Old 01-01-2021, 05:28 PM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Feel like CA second shelter in place completely backfired.

It worked the first time because

There wasn’t uncontrolled spread
People were not sure what was going on, more likely to follow order

I think we should have kept outdoor dining open. Closing that ruined business and forced people to say fuck it, let’s party at my house!

San Diego sheltered in place weeks ago and we just hit a new record of cases, 4400+

A lot of these cases can probably be linked back to thanksgiving travel, and maybe the beginning of Xmas travel and gathering.

But it feels so deflating that we failed this response and wrecked local businesses at the same time.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:56 PM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's the small (or not so small) private gatherings, the travel, and the new more contagious strain.

Lockdowns don't seem to be the answer. And you can't force or legislate personal responsibility. People either have it or they don't. And this has strained patience, people are mentally tired of all of it.

I just hope the Biden and Harris administration can do a much better job with all of it. Vaccine distribution needs serious help too.
Old 01-02-2021, 04:07 PM   #218
Blue Crack Supplier

Gump glad to hear you avoided getting it, and your nanny is better!

Anitram so sorry you've got lung issues. Hopefully soon to totally clear up! Hope your husband's brain fog will go away soon, too!
Old 01-02-2021, 05:15 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Larry King has been hospitalized in Los Angeles, he has covid. He's 87
Old 01-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #220
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Larry King has been hospitalized in Los Angeles, he has covid. He's 87
That guy has more lives than a herd of cats, he's dodged death for decades. We'll see if Rona is the one who finally takes him out.