Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2020, 07:47 AM   #121
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
That would make sense, I didn't even think of that.

I can't imagine the union agreeing to all of this. 67 pages
Part of me hopes they balk and we get no season at all. Makes the Mookie Betts trade go from being one sided favoring the Dodgers to one sided favoring the Red Sox if he signs with Atlanta or someone else in 2021.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #122
Blue Crack Distributor

No season means no money for all parties...

They'll figure it out

Old 05-18-2020, 10:02 AM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:32 AM
It's incredible to see brainwashing in action.

Went to Publix yesterday, about 80% of shoppers wearing masks.

Then had to go to Wal-Mart (first time in 2 years) to get something that I couldn't find anywhere else, and about 10% of people were wearing masks.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:48 PM   #124
Blue Crack Supplier

Ooooooh, boy. What a comparison.
How was the social distancing in both places?
Old 05-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #125
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I've been wondering how/if people are dating these days.
Most of us simply are not! My only in-person human interaction for the last two months has been with the employees of my local grocery store and pharmacy. It is quite a way to be reminded that you are alone.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Most of us simply are not! My only in-person human interaction for the last two months has been with the employees of my local grocery store and pharmacy. It is quite a way to be reminded that you are alone.

I do often feel that single people are sort of the forgotten group in this pandemic. The elderly are a priority for obvious reasons and people are generally pitching in, in my experience anyway, to go shopping for their parents, to have their kids video chat with grandparents and so on. People with kids are commiserating over having the kids at home while working and over homeschooling woes. So I have made an effort to reach out to my single friends pretty much daily in a sort of rotation to make sure they aren't totally cut off from human contact.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #127
War Child

I appreciate it. I'm fine overall and I have plenty of technological interaction. I've stayed in regular contact with close friends and extended family, and I still have my job and am speaking with my coworkers on a daily basis. I worked from home for several years, and have lived alone for several years, so I'm relatively prepared for all of this. Honestly, the only thing that has been a real hassle has been getting my prescriptions. My doctor has fucked them up four times now, and my anxiety is increasing that I'm either going to be shut out of medication or have to pay for it out-of-pocket because of his mistakes.

Like most people, the indefinite nature is the hardest part to wrestle with. And it's not like I'm going to start spending a bunch of money on things to do at home now that I'm saving on having any plans, since employment is now so fragile. Basically, I'm alternating between trying to exercise more (mixed results), drinking alone (definitely increasing!), and watching a lot more television and movies.

I have a family vacation, two weddings, and a bachelor party still scheduled for late summer/early fall. I'm hopeful they can happen, but not optimistic. I had also hoped to fly for a few days to visit my goddaughter, who I have not seen in a couple of years due to her family moving around the country multiple times. That seems unlikely now as well.

I haven't even begun to wrestle with the idea of when dating could occur again. I'm not good at online dating or dating apps, so this is not my forte. We'll see.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:07 PM   #128
Blue Crack Supplier

Ask out a grocery store clerk.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:55 PM   #129
Blue Crack Supplier

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...us/ar-BB14gGDF

Old 05-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #130
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post

I do often feel that single people are sort of the forgotten group in this pandemic. The elderly are a priority for obvious reasons and people are generally pitching in, in my experience anyway, to go shopping for their parents, to have their kids video chat with grandparents and so on. People with kids are commiserating over having the kids at home while working and over homeschooling woes. So I have made an effort to reach out to my single friends pretty much daily in a sort of rotation to make sure they aren't totally cut off from human contact.

Good on you for calling up your single friends.
At least as far NYC Public Radio goes singles have NOT been forgotten! I've heard several different segments, and at least one full show on singles and dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
I appreciate it. I'm fine overall and I have plenty of technological interaction. I've stayed in regular contact with close friends and extended family, and I still have my job and am speaking with my coworkers on a daily basis. I worked from home for several years, and have lived alone for several years, so I'm relatively prepared for all of this. Honestly, the only thing that has been a real hassle has been getting my prescriptions. My doctor has fucked them up four times now, and my anxiety is increasing that I'm either going to be shut out of medication or have to pay for it out-of-pocket because of his mistakes.

Like most people, the indefinite nature is the hardest part to wrestle with. And it's not like I'm going to start spending a bunch of money on things to do at home now that I'm saving on having any plans, since employment is now so fragile. Basically, I'm alternating between trying to exercise more (mixed results), drinking alone (definitely increasing!), and watching a lot more television and movies.

I have a family vacation, two weddings, and a bachelor party still scheduled for late summer/early fall. I'm hopeful they can happen, but not optimistic. I had also hoped to fly for a few days to visit my goddaughter, who I have not seen in a couple of years due to her family moving around the country multiple times. That seems unlikely now as well.

I haven't even begun to wrestle with the idea of when dating could occur again. I'm not good at online dating or dating apps, so this is not my forte. We'll see.
Yikes the screwed up perscriptions. Hope your doc does better!
Good you still have your job, family, and friends to talk with.

Who knows about bigger gatherings, hopefully something might happen.

Stay safe, people!
Old 05-18-2020, 06:04 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Trump announced that he's been taking hydroxychloroquine.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:07 PM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Yeah, saw an article about that earlier:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...212445823.html

Choice quotes:

Quote:
“I’m taking it, hydroxychloroquine, right now, yeah,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “Couple of weeks ago, I started taking it. Because I think it’s good, I hear a lot of good stories. And if it’s not good, I’ll tell you right. I’m not going to get hurt by it.”
Quote:
“I want the people of this nation to feel good,” Trump said of his decision to use hydroxychloroquine despite having tested negative for COVID-19. He added, “I’ve taken it for about a week and a half now, and I’m still here.”

Asked what evidence there is that the drug can help prevent a person from being infected with the coronavirus, Trump responded: “Here’s my evidence: I get a lot of positive calls about it.”
Stunning medical knowledge on display here. I'm surprised he didn't decide to inject himself with a disinfectant.

Seriously, fuck this guy so much.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #133
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Seriously, fuck this guy so much.
Hooo, boy, yeah! (not in a rage at him moment right now, doesn't take too much tho)

"...I'm still here..."

Old 05-18-2020, 11:15 PM   #134
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Trump announced that he's been taking hydroxychloroquine.

he is 100% lying.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:57 PM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
he is 100% lying.
I dunno...

https://twitter.com/michelleinbklyn/...194064902?s=19

... seems like he could have been on it for years.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:04 AM   #136
Blue Crack Supplier

fair.

but it's just another shiny object to throw at the media to distract from the fact that he fired the IG investigating an illegal arms sale to Saudi Arabia and that the guy he just named vaccine czar owns $10M in stock in the company that had a random amazing press day based on results from 8 people. stock up 20% today.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:14 AM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I dunno...

https://twitter.com/michelleinbklyn/...194064902?s=19

... seems like he could have been on it for years.
Ha, I said the same thing to my mom earlier. Also, if he is taking this, that's certainly an interesting response from a guy who insisted this pandemic was all just a Democratic hoax initially, and later, that it was all overblown, and doesn't feel the need to wear a mask when he's out in public, and is so sure this will all just "go away" eventually.

Seriously, though, whether he actually is taking this or not, this is Jim Jones "drink the Kool-Aid" level insanity.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

She shouldn't have gone there about his weight. Yes he has taken many shots at her, don't know how many have been about her appearance or weight. It's tough to keep up with all his bullying insults.

It's disappointing when Democrats sink down to his level. Yes we know he's overweight, don't know about morbidly obese. Plus it's just giving him exactly what he wants, to be seen as a victim.

During an appearance on CNN on Monday night, Pelosi was asked if she was "concerned" about Trump's announcement that he had been prescribed the drug by the White House physician.

"As far as the president is concerned, he's our president and I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists, especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group -- what is it, morbidly obese they say. So I don't think that's a good idea," Pelosi told CNN anchor Anderson Cooper before he moved on to another question.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:41 AM   #139
Blue Crack Distributor

She used a medically correct term
Old 05-19-2020, 07:56 AM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
She used a medically correct term
Yes she did if he's morbidly obese. I think he has at least retweeted tweets about her speech that insinuated or said outright that she was drunk. So there's that.

She can say whatever she wants to obviously, but I would have left it at something more general. Like that doctors would likely be advising the President against taking that.

Of course Trump could be lying. Can't keep up with his lies. All I know for sure is that I'm fucking sick to death of him.