Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2020, 10:16 AM   #741
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,576
Local Time: 10:26 PM
This has been terrible, no doubt. But I have a hard time seeing covid as the thing that brings down human civilization.
__________________

iron yuppie is online now  
Old 08-02-2020, 10:30 AM   #742
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 11:26 PM
I get home people can be pessimistic but unless everyone is just simply lying there is no reason not to expect a vaccine or some sort in late fall / winter.

Not complete eradication, but something that can bring this thing down to the point where it actually is "the flu" as opposed to the pipedream of gzus freaks everywhere ( #OrdinarySpring).

My money is on the far right wing nationalist resurgence that will inevitably follow a few years of feel good post COVID euphoria as the thing that kills us all.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #743
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 04:26 AM
In reference to the Aussie response vs US


https://twitter.com/somuchweirdness/...796569088?s=21

https://twitter.com/somuchweirdness/...595925511?s=21


https://twitter.com/somuchweirdness/...862568449?s=21


https://twitter.com/somuchweirdness/...978257416?s=21


https://twitter.com/somuchweirdness/...386085888?s=21
BEAL is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #744
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I get home people can be pessimistic but unless everyone is just simply lying there is no reason not to expect a vaccine or some sort in late fall / winter.

Not complete eradication, but something that can bring this thing down to the point where it actually is "the flu" as opposed to the pipedream of gzus freaks everywhere ( #OrdinarySpring).

My money is on the far right wing nationalist resurgence that will inevitably follow a few years of feel good post COVID euphoria as the thing that kills us all.


I guess I’m more on the pessimistic side because these doctors are making guesses without seeing the data.

Phase 1 & 2 tell us nothing about the effectiveness of the vaccine. Just that it produced the antibodies and for the moment is safe.

Yes the science is better than the past. So’s the technology. But Phase 3 is where it’s actually proven to work and i feel uneasy with them just guessing. Fauci is a brilliant man but this whole time i feel like he’s walking a tightrope. He gives us answers but he’s always trying to keep the Orange one happy.

I believe fauci feels he can help the country more if he stays within the Trump admin. On the other hand his expertise has basically been ignored and we are where we are because Trump and GOP hate science (and liberals)
BEAL is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 12:37 PM   #745
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,467
Local Time: 12:26 AM
In 1984, HIV was identified as the cause of AIDS. U.S. HHS Secretary Margaret Heckler declared that an AIDS vaccine will be ready for testing within two years.

And here we are.

It took until 1996 for the drugs to give most of those with HIV a relatively normal life.

Truvada (an HIV medication that can be taken as a highly effective prophylactic) wasn’t approved for general use until 2012.

There’s still no HIV vaccine.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #746
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,061
Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
In 1984, HIV was identified as the cause of AIDS. U.S. HHS Secretary Margaret Heckler declared that an AIDS vaccine will be ready for testing within two years.

And here we are.

It took until 1996 for the drugs to give most of those with HIV a relatively normal life.

Truvada (an HIV medication that can be taken as a highly effective prophylactic) wasn’t approved for general use until 2012.

There’s still no HIV vaccine.
I think (hope) the key difference is that Covid-19 is from a family of viruses that we are already familiar with unlike HIV.
Hewson is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #747
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 04:26 AM
All we can do is wait a couple of months for the data.

And i hope we get to see all the data. Nothing hidden. It’s too important to play games / politics

If anything is nefarious then it could really damage health across the world regarding any vaccine. We’re already seeing diseases we thought were gone (measles, mumps, ) because of Karens

Screw up covid19 vaccine and people won’t take anything
BEAL is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #748
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 12:26 AM
I do think that we'll get an effective vaccine.

To me the major issues are (i) timing and (ii) expectations. Regarding the second, when you watch the news you almost get the sense that people think that one day a vaccine will arrive and a button will be switched and we all go back to our regular lives. In reality it will take MANY MONTHS of continued physical distancing and other measures before most people get anywhere near to a vaccine being administered to them.
anitram is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #749
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,455
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I do think that we'll get an effective vaccine.

To me the major issues are (i) timing and (ii) expectations. Regarding the second, when you watch the news you almost get the sense that people think that one day a vaccine will arrive and a button will be switched and we all go back to our regular lives. In reality it will take MANY MONTHS of continued physical distancing and other measures before most people get anywhere near to a vaccine being administered to them.


Be realistic. There’s a reality of what you’re saying, and an actuality of what will happen.

People are too selfish. It’s a cure-all vaccine ~until it’s not~. People will get their vaccine and disobey whatever edict was put out there to stay at home because some woke Twitter post of a study suggested it’s possible to send your kids back to school with minimized risk to society.

Sorry, what was that
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 08-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #750
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Imagine where we could be had Gore not been beaten by hanging chads....

Florida has and continues to ruin the world
BEAL is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #751
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Imagine where we could be had Gore not been beaten by hanging chads....

Florida has and continues to ruin the world
We'd probably be in exactly the same spot, only possibly without having had Obama.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #752
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
We'd probably be in exactly the same spot, only possibly without having had Obama.
It pains me to admit that we probably wouldn't have had Trump had Mittens won in 2012.
anitram is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #753
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,455
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Well it’s not much to admit. Romney would’ve been up for re-election in 2016.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 08-02-2020, 08:20 PM   #754
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Well it’s not much to admit. Romney would’ve been up for re-election in 2016.
I meant more in the sense that the Trump wing of the Republican party wouldn't have been able to emerge with that much power/control. You'd still have had the Tea Party sorts but they'd be an irritating minority rather than a de facto dictatorship.
anitram is offline  
Old 08-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #755
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Cases are up cause of the best testing

Open the schools!!!

I mean you can’t try to argue logic with him or his people, but cases are high means infection spread is high....so send in the kids, teachers, and staff!!!

Hope to be wrong. Schools open and the Trump admin were right. They don’t get sick. They don’t spread. We have college sports! It was all alarmist

But i think by mid September there’s going to be a lot of anger on top of sadness.
BEAL is offline  
Old 08-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #756
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Cases are up cause of the best testing

Open the schools!!!

I mean you can’t try to argue logic with him or his people, but cases are high means infection spread is high....so send in the kids, teachers, and staff!!!

Hope to be wrong. Schools open and the Trump admin were right. They don’t get sick. They don’t spread. We have college sports! It was all alarmist

But i think by mid September there’s going to be a lot of anger on top of sadness.
BEAL is offline  
Old 08-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #757
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 12:26 AM
OOF, these poor people.

https://twitter.com/JordanLRay/statu...895232/photo/1
anitram is offline  
Old 08-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #758
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,061
Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Here's hoping that obit gets tons of press everywhere.
Hewson is offline  
Old 08-04-2020, 06:16 PM   #759
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Well the deaths, it is what it is everybody.

He's an unfeeling unwell narcissistic selfish bastard.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 08-04-2020, 06:18 PM   #760
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
So very sad. They speak the truth.
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×