Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-18-2020, 11:05 PM   #621
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 07:55 AM
I've only been going 1x month to pick up meds out of my neighborhood, but it's the next one south of me. Then had to get a regular wifi signal (only have by phone data) for an cellphone system upgrade so I went to the next neighborhood west of me where I could get free wifi in the subway mezzanine.

But Thurs I finally made a longer trip (relatively speaking) about 4 1/2 miles away - but that was 3 buses each way! I won't take the subway unless absolutely necessary (I deeply appreciate the subway but not with covid19 drifting around). Yes, I always wear a mask as I leave my apartment.

So I went to Trader Joe's.
First "big" trip since early March!!! Got yummy stuff. Good staples, and extra fun stuff.
I also got off at 100th St and Central Park West; the first time since last Fall that I was by a big, beautiful, green park! A few Happy Tears were blinked back. My neighborhood is below average in trees. Still, not the worst by far. Between my building and the next we have 3 6 story high beautiful, big trees. We had a whole bunch replanted ?8 years back but many of those have died in the past 4 years.
__________________

dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 07-22-2020, 08:48 PM   #622
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
My Dad died two weeks ago. Thankfully not from covid, he never tested positive in spite of being in a facility with many cases. He had serious health issues, he bounced back so many times. He just couldn't this time.

I was able to visit him the day before he died, had to wear all kinds of protective gear and it was so strange in the middle of my sadness. I had preplanned his funeral a few months after losing my Mom, according to his wishes.

All was set until it was almost cancelled by covid, by a late day call the day before. A church staff member's wife had tested positive. Luckily they were able to find a replacement priest and music people from elsewhere in the state.

So f you 2020 again. I miss my Dad, but I am relieved that he'll never have to face the possibility of this damn virus again. He was a decorated US Army veteran who lived with the visible and invisible wounds of war. And he was a Republican who thought Trump was a fool and an idiot.
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #623
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 08:55 AM
I'm so sorry Mrs. S. The last couple of years have been hard and not kind. I am glad that you got to see him, even with the weird and awkward circumstances. And I hope that his journey is easy and he is at peace as well.

Please don't forget to take care of yourself as well in the coming days and weeks.
anitram is offline  
Old 07-22-2020, 10:41 PM   #624
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,070
Local Time: 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
My Dad died two weeks ago. Thankfully not from covid, he never tested positive in spite of being in a facility with many cases. He had serious health issues, he bounced back so many times. He just couldn't this time.

I was able to visit him the day before he died, had to wear all kinds of protective gear and it was so strange in the middle of my sadness. I had preplanned his funeral a few months after losing my Mom, according to his wishes.

All was set until it was almost cancelled by covid, by a late day call the day before. A church staff member's wife had tested positive. Luckily they were able to find a replacement priest and music people from elsewhere in the state.

So f you 2020 again. I miss my Dad, but I am relieved that he'll never have to face the possibility of this damn virus again. He was a decorated US Army veteran who lived with the visible and invisible wounds of war. And he was a Republican who thought Trump was a fool and an idiot.
So very sorry to hear about your Dad.
You have my number if you want to talk or vent.
My thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.
Hewson is offline  
Old 07-22-2020, 11:05 PM   #625
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,913
Local Time: 07:55 AM
Condolences to you and your family Mrs. S.
phanan is offline  
Old 07-22-2020, 11:36 PM   #626
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,724
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Oh, Mrs S, I'm so sorry . Condolences to you and your family. I'm here if you want to talk.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 07-22-2020, 11:37 PM   #627
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,534
Local Time: 04:55 AM
Terrible news, Mrs. S. All the best to you in this trying time.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 12:39 AM   #628
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,460
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Sorry about your father, Mrs. S.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 07-23-2020, 06:07 AM   #629
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I'm so sorry Mrs. S. The last couple of years have been hard and not kind. I am glad that you got to see him, even with the weird and awkward circumstances. And I hope that his journey is easy and he is at peace as well.

Please don't forget to take care of yourself as well in the coming days and weeks.
Thank you Martina. Unfortunately for me it's actually been about six very difficult years. I'm still here, most days I wonder how and why honestly.

My Dad and I reconciled when my Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He called, and I just let everything go. After my Mom died I visited him every week, and we finally had the relationship I always wanted. He always suffered from the invisible wounds of war, and from things that happened in his family growing up. Patterns repeat themselves if you don't get help.

He didn't suffer when the time came, and that's all I wanted for him. And for me, I have so much peace in my heart that we reconciled. But it still hurts so much, and it intensifies the grief about my Mom.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 06:08 AM   #630
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
So very sorry to hear about your Dad.
You have my number if you want to talk or vent.
My thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.
Thanks Tim. What's left of my family is my two narcissistic brothers, so I'm very alone.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 06:09 AM   #631
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Condolences to you and your family Mrs. S.
Thank you
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 06:10 AM   #632
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Oh, Mrs S, I'm so sorry . Condolences to you and your family. I'm here if you want to talk.
Thank you
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 06:11 AM   #633
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Terrible news, Mrs. S. All the best to you in this trying time.
Thank you
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 06:12 AM   #634
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Sorry about your father, Mrs. S.
Thank you
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #635
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,070
Local Time: 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Thanks Tim. What's left of my family is my two narcissistic brothers, so I'm very alone.
Well you have your (very dysfunctional) Interference family.
We aren't much, but we're here for you.
Hewson is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #636
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,473
Local Time: 08:55 AM
I’m so sorry Mrs. S. Big hugs to you. I know what a tough road it’s been, and your strength is an inspiration.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #637
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I’m so sorry Mrs. S. Big hugs to you. I know what a tough road it’s been, and your strength is an inspiration.

Thank you so much, that's so sweet❤
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #638
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 07:55 AM
i don't have much else to add but my condolences as well Mrs. S. you are strong and you will get through this time.
DaveC is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #639
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i don't have much else to add but my condolences as well Mrs. S. you are strong and you will get through this time.
Thank you. Thanks everyone, you have all helped with what you've said. There are so many difficult and stressful things still ahead for me. I can just only hope there are better days at some point. There has to be a reason I'm still here, hopefully.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #640
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,070
Local Time: 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
. There has to be a reason I'm still here, hopefully.
Someone has to document my eye rolling at Hedgehog Poem 2: The Sequel's debut reading at U2's 2028 Boston show.
__________________

Hewson is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×