Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/thelilavocado/status/1304871774715338752?s=21

I don’t think i can really blame college kids for all of this.

Our federal, state, and the universities would seem to be where the blame lies. No real plans, and to expect college kids to be the responsible ones.....that’s crazy thinking. Like expecting them to vote

Nah fuck them FSU kids. I know this is happening at every university, but I bet it’s not an unpopular POV there. Trashy fucks.

This whole “coastal elites are SO condescending, you’re not better than us!” really isn’t sounding very convincing anymore.

If you don’t want to be thought of as a selfish, homicidal imbecile, don’t act like one.

And don’t threaten to suicide bomb us all by voting for Trump just because you can barely get to the end of a sentence.

This whole “coastal elites are SO condescending, you’re not better than us!” really isn’t sounding very convincing anymore.

If you don’t want to be thought of as a selfish, homicidal imbecile, don’t act like one.

And don’t threaten to suicide bomb us all by voting for Trump just because you can barely get to the end of a sentence.
I don't mind and in some ways understand the disdain and for pople who live on the coasts. I'm pretty bougie, TBH, so I get the hate.

The distrust of academics and experts, though... yea I just don't understand that one. Like .. you don't agree with someone's opinion becauuuuuse they've smart? Because they've dedicated their lives to a certain field?

I don't mind and in some ways understand the disdain and for pople who live on the coasts. I'm pretty bougie, TBH, so I get the hate.

The distrust of academics and experts, though... yea I just don't understand that one. Like .. you don't agree with someone's opinion becauuuuuse they've smart? Because they've dedicated their lives to a certain field?

but the reason i think i'm better than you, flyover person, (and not all of you, just these fools on TV) is because you say things that are objectively wrong and when called out you then turn and shoot the hostage. out of economic anxiety. or racism. but either way, i totally made you do that by telling you that, in fact, Donald Trump did not build a wall and has not reduced deficits. and then you'll go and poison my dog and make me apologize for it.

there's no winning with these people.

but the reason i think i'm better than you, flyover person, (and not all of you, just these fools on TV) is because you say things that are objectively wrong and when called out you then turn and shoot the hostage. out of economic anxiety. or racism. but either way, i totally made you do that by telling you that, in fact, Donald Trump did not build a wall and has not reduced deficits. and then you'll go and poison my dog and make me apologize for it.

there's no winning with these people.
yea but I think that's more to do with the disdain for learned people and facts vs simply where one lives.

you don't have to go very far from the coast to find those same attitudes. anything outside of the immediate suburbs is going to tilt that way. if anything it's more urban vs rural with the suburbs as an uneasy demilitarized zone as opposed to the coasts vs everyone else.

In the meantime here in the UK one of our so called government has gone to press stating people should report rule breakers to the local Corona Gestapo ( who will shortly be jack booting around our towns to ensure compliance with whatever f****** nonsense they come up with) , where presumably talking to a neighbour across the street for a few minutes ( like an actual human being) will now result in a trip to the local jail.

Its not that they disagree with opinions, they "disagree" with scientific facts, which boggles the mind.
It's baffling.

You won't believe the general consensus of the medical community because your aunt posted a video on Facebook.

You won't believe a well sourced news article about the glorious leader because he says it's fake news and the media liez, but you believe that Tom Hanks is leading a cabal or pedophile Democrats and only Zombie JFK Jr. can save us because some 14 year old kid posted about it on 4chan.

It's baffling.

You won't believe the general consensus of the medical community because your aunt posted a video on Facebook.

You won't believe a well sourced news article about the glorious leader because he says it's fake news and the media liez, but you believe that Tom Hanks is leading a cabal or pedophile Democrats and only Zombie JFK Jr. can save us because some 14 year old kid posted about it on 4chan.

I only believe what the Gzus tells me.

And he tells me only 6% of those deaths are due to COVID.

Big10 football is back! Thank you Donald Trump! MAGA!!!!

Big10 clearly concerned about the cardiovascular side effects of covid since players will be screened extensively.

Daily antigen tests before practices and games. If positive then PCR test to confirm.

If positive, player sits out three weeks (season is only eight).

Team can play if group is <= a certain %
If community (college town) is above that % it appears there are some restrictions.

Going to be tough for a teams to make playoff since there’s no bye weeks and if you miss out on a game due to covid you’re basically done

Stopping them from playing while still having them on campus was a meaningless half measure.

They'll be tested regularly and largely isolated from the rest of the student body.

They're no less safe by playing than they are not playing. If anything they're probably safer.

If you want to shut the whole thing down and have zero in person learning? Well okay then. I'm all for it.

But if you're not going to do that then stopping the athletic teams from playing is a publicity stunt - a way for deans to say how responsible they're being while outbreaks ravage their dorm rooms.

Last edited:
Stopping them from playing while still having them on campus was a meaningless half measure.

They'll be tested regularly and largely isolated from the rest of the student body.

They're no less safe by playing than they are not playing. If anything they're probably safer.

If you want to shut the whole thing down and have zero in person learning? Well okay then. I'm all for it.

But if you're not going to do that then stopping the athletic teams from playing is a publicity stunt - a way for deans to say how responsible they're being while outbreaks ravage their dorm rooms.

I am for it all to be shut down. If we had a competent national testing plan, maybe my tune would change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom