Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #561
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:33 AM
The past 4 months has presented an amazing opportunity to complete a purge of former high school classmates whom I was friends with on Facebook but have had zero personal interaction with in 20 some off years - like the anti-vaxxer former cheerleader, or the dude that I was friends with when we were like 12 who went to the local shopping center with a shotgun. Because he fell for one of those "blm is planning on rioting in town" hoaxes that probably came from China.

Makes for a calmer, gentler experience.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:47 AM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:33 AM
I did the same. Once I saw 5G COVID nonsense that was the breaking point.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:12 PM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:33 AM
It’s funny to see the 5G vaccine conspiracy stuff when it shows the post was made by cellphone

Do people realize there’s no need to implant anything when you carry your phone everywhere
Old 07-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #564
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Leaving Facebook years ago has made my life so much better.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #565
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Leaving Facebook years ago has made my life so much better.

No doubt. I really want to do it at this point - unfortunately my family overseas all use it and it’s pretty much the only consistent way to stay in touch. Which is silly - it’s not as if email is complicated or time consuming but still, so long as social media is available people will use it instead.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:54 PM   #566
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
No doubt. I really want to do it at this point - unfortunately my family overseas all use it and it’s pretty much the only consistent way to stay in touch. Which is silly - it’s not as if email is complicated or time consuming but still, so long as social media is available people will use it instead.

I’m in the same boat. My family is all overseas, my friends are all over. You find ways to keep in touch.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #567
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:33 AM
I haven't been on there in ages, partly because I've seemed to keep having some login issue whenever I have bothered to try in the past, but yeah, at this point if I ever actually think go back in there again I would either do a big ol' purge (which would likely include some of my relatives, but oh, well, I don't have the time or patience to read their BS) or just shut down the account altogether.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #568
Blue Crack Supplier

This shattered me:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/11/n...e=articleShare
Old 07-11-2020, 11:31 PM   #569
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 03:33 AM
As horrible as the pandemic has been for pretty much everyone, I do have the privilege of not being a first responder. There is a severe mental tax placed on all of us by the pandemic, but theirs is the worst and most immediate.

Right now I'm going through what I'd call an information detox. I've been dealing with a ton of anxiety since my Ashley's trip to see her family and had several panic attacks over a couple weeks and now I'm having this derealization hangover of sorts where I'm just really checked out of everything.

I've learned to not get angry at myself for experiencing derealization because it's my brain's way of saying that I'm doing too much and need to pull back. So yeah, I haven't checked the numbers in a couple days, trying to stay off social media as much as I can. Mostly listening to music, doing chores, minding my own business.

Mainly I'm just trying to have a little bit of fun being alive, you know? It can be easy to forget how important that is when shit is consistently dull, repetitive or bad. I have a bad habit of idly taking in information throughout the day, most of it negative, just reading on my phone all day long. You don't realize how quickly that shit piles up in your psyche if you don't balance it out with anything.

The other thing is, like, I can't find work. Teachers are being let go, not hired, and there's no plan for extending unemployment. The majority of congress is willing to let us all die. So I have a choice. I can spend my days spamming applications and getting resentful when I don't hear back, or I can take a realistic perspective and make the most of what's in front of me. I can panic about economic fallout or I can be patient.

The reality is that the vast majority of us got robbed. This year got stolen from us. Some of us lost family members. Most of us lost money, or momentum. We should be pissed off and depressed. But with shit not getting better any time soon, the question becomes how to manage the time we've got. I don't have the answer to that, but I know that it doesn't involve spending all day long reading about the world going to shit and hating myself.

The major action I'm returning to in order to protect my mental health is approaching news on a need to know basis.

Do I need to know that the virus is dangerous? Yes.

Do I need to know that it's in my area? Yes.

Do I need to know how to keep myself and my family as safe as possible? Yes.

But I do know all of those things. I learned them months ago. So reading up on the daily numbers, people's experiences, how the rest of the world perceives our situation, all of it just clouds the water. I'm not really learning anything, only accumulating information.

Especially when it comes to the numbers, it's best to think about things in terms of averages over weeks and months. I'm glad that California is rolling back and fining people over masks, but we're not going to see the results of those efforts for at least 1-2 weeks, so why look at the numbers every day and get upset? I haven't seen the California numbers since Thursday and I'm good with that. Maybe I'll check up on them next Thursday.

But I'm glad the information is out there because, frankly, some people need to be scared. They're putting people in danger even if they're not as risk, so if one horror story or one death report scares them, so be it. But I don't personally need it because I'm already respecting the seriousness of the situation. I paid my dues back in March.

Take care of yourselves, everyone. No one else will do it for you.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:28 AM   #570
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
One of my biggest fears with this pandemic is for Trump Admin and government to push an unsafe vaccine.

They already did it with their super drug hydrochloq Which killed people, a lot of vets

And people will take it. They drank bleach
Honestly it'll probably work. They're far along in testing. Maybe it will only work for a short amount of time - but work on other, better vaccines will continue.

We'll see what happens. But I expect a vaccine or some sort this fall. In October. "Coincidentally."
Old 07-12-2020, 09:37 AM   #571
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

If Fauci gives it the OK, then I’ll feel better. If he disappears around that time then I’ll suspect something didn’t meet standards.

It sounds like that’s the plan for the vaccine(s). Get something out there (that’s safe) but meets the bare minimum for coverage (50% effective) knowing that in the next year or later a better one is on the way.

There was a LA Times article on Plasma Shots that sounds promising too but the Feds and pharma aren’t pursuing it. Stating they want to focus on therapies for the very ill vs something that goes to the public
Old 07-12-2020, 09:59 AM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

A nice breakdown of the conspiracy nuts out there...

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/10/88903...spiracy-theory
Old 07-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #573
Blue Crack Distributor

I think it's time for the internet to go away. It has a nice run, but clearly we cannot be trusted with it.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:50 PM   #574
Blue Crack Supplier

I think its time for:

15,299 new case reported today, shattering the old daily record by nearly 4,000.

No mask DeSantis should be praising the amount of testing in 3...2...
Old 07-12-2020, 02:12 PM   #575
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
A nice breakdown of the conspiracy nuts out there...

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/10/88903...spiracy-theory

Speaking of conspiracy theories, Peter Navarro was on Fox today claiming that the CCP weaponozed their ChinaVirus because the Chinese economy was having their first down year in forever.

Also, the CCP wants Biden to win.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:22 PM   #576
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I’m starting to think there’s no plan for anything. Or if there’s a plan it’s to loot as much $$$ as possible before getting kicked out of office.

They want schools to open because there’ll be a stock market boost. Then within a few days do a week when everyone gets sick they’ll close down but Trump and his peeps will have made their $$$.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #577
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
If Fauci gives it the OK, then I’ll feel better. If he disappears around that time then I’ll suspect something didn’t meet standards.

It sounds like that’s the plan for the vaccine(s). Get something out there (that’s safe) but meets the bare minimum for coverage (50% effective) knowing that in the next year or later a better one is on the way.

There was a LA Times article on Plasma Shots that sounds promising too but the Feds and pharma aren’t pursuing it. Stating they want to focus on therapies for the very ill vs something that goes to the public
Remember when Dr Fauci hasn't allowed to be part of the news conferences - he's been showing up on Public Radio, maybe MSN (I've basically heard him on public radio) contradicting drumph etc.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:52 PM   #578
Blue Crack Addict

Such a joke that they only want to treat very ill people. That’s like a hopeless fight against rising floodwaters.

Neutralize the spread by treating healthy people.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #579
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I’m starting to think there’s no plan for anything. Or if there’s a plan it’s to loot as much $$$ as possible before getting kicked out of office.

They want schools to open because there’ll be a stock market boost. Then within a few days do a week when everyone gets sick they’ll close down but Trump and his peeps will have made their $$$.

They want schools to open because of the suburbs.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:49 AM   #580
Blue Crack Supplier

Some good news for a change

Quote:

Source: Bloomberg

New York City, once the epicenter of the nation’s coronavirus outbreak, has just reported its first day with zero confirmed or probable virus deaths since the pandemic hit New York State.

The milestone came Sunday in initial data from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

It marked the end of a four-month stretch since the city reported its first Covid-19 fatality on March 11. The confirmed daily death count hit its height on April 7 at 597. Another 216 people were reported likely to have died from the virus despite no positive laboratory tests that day.

“New Yorkers have been the hero of this story, going above and beyond to keep each other safe,” City Hall spokeswoman Avery Cohen said in an emailed statement.
don', know how this'll hold, but it's still good to see major progress for a change!