Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #521
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
At least I know my state is doing something about it. Can't speak for the others.

Probably should ignore the numbers for a while until the changes we've enacted can realistically show an effect, otherwise I'll just get annoyed and impatient.
This is a good point - you have individual states that have reasonable leadership and plans. The issue is that there is no practical way of closing state borders and the good work can be extremely easily done away with due to travel.

Can you imagine what happens at Thanksgiving + Christmas? Beginning of influenza season, most of the country will be spending the majority of its time indoors, people attending large family/friends gatherings where you sit and eat in close quarters. It's bad enough to contemplate that scenario when the infection rate is relatively low/under control. But now imagine people traveling all over the country, many if not most from places which don't appear to give a shit about curbing the spread? It's infuriating.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:32 PM   #522
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:11 AM
What are the odds that doucheykins attempts to force out a vaccine a few months before final approval in, oh I don't know, late October?

Old 07-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #523
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This is a good point - you have individual states that have reasonable leadership and plans. The issue is that there is no practical way of closing state borders and the good work can be extremely easily done away with due to travel.

Can you imagine what happens at Thanksgiving + Christmas? Beginning of influenza season, most of the country will be spending the majority of its time indoors, people attending large family/friends gatherings where you sit and eat in close quarters. It's bad enough to contemplate that scenario when the infection rate is relatively low/under control. But now imagine people traveling all over the country, many if not most from places which don't appear to give a shit about curbing the spread? It's infuriating.
Well, I'm hoping that by the holiday season, kinase inhibitors and/or monoclonal antibody treatments will become the norm and take the sting out of the pandemic. These are in stage 3 trials and require a shorter time frame to prove efficacy than a vaccine would.

I'm more concerned about what the school year will bring. We know so little about the manner in which children transfer this virus and reopening schools is not simply an issue of education. These kids have no one to watch them during the day and many rely on school lunches to subsist with limited resources.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:34 PM   #524
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
What are the odds that doucheykins attempts to force out a vaccine a few months before final approval in, oh I don't know, late October?
95%

They're going to do it in Brazil first though, as soon as Bolsonaro AKA Mini Trump starts to panic. Which should be soon.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:45 PM   #525
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:11 PM
One of my biggest fears with this pandemic is for Trump Admin and government to push an unsafe vaccine.

They already did it with their super drug hydrochloq Which killed people, a lot of vets

And people will take it. They drank bleach
Old 07-08-2020, 08:52 PM   #526
Blue Crack Addict

I wouldn't worry about an unsafe one as much as I would about one that's not particularly effective (think of influenza seasons where the vaccine was not a particularly good match), which then makes the hordes already opposed to vaccines and micro chipping and whatever other nonsense even more hardened to getting the next version or worse yet, their numbers growing because other people become convinced that these vaccines are a waste of time (except for their ability to track you anywhere you go).
Old 07-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #527
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
95%

They're going to do it in Brazil first though, as soon as Bolsonaro AKA Mini Trump starts to panic. Which should be soon.
Bolsonaro is not facing electoral scrutiny for a few years, and has just reshuffled his cabinet to accommodate a bunch of centrist parties in order to remove any threat of impeachment. So he won't do it for political survival. Plus, he will in all likelihood survive his bout with coronavirus and become even more empowered about how "it's just like the flu" while praising the use of chloroquine. So no, thankfully I don't think he is under pressure to unleash a rushed vaccine and use my compatriots as guinea pigs. He will fuck up in many different ways, though.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #528
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Having seen this story in NYC, it's infuriating to read about the lack of PPE in Texas, Arizona and Florida 3 months later.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:26 PM   #529
Blue Crack Supplier

I feel extra bad in particular for parents who can't work at home, and may have trouble affording childcare. I feel the same for the teachers, School staff, and the kids. Right now I don't reckon this can really be done safely.

I'd be thrilled if it does! But with way some stat s are now?
I've heard a bit of suggestion that teachers strike if they don', feel safe for themselves, and their students. I think I'd support that.

The stupidity, wilful ingnorance, and malignant narcissisim of drump and Co are at like 87° heading off the charts.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:27 PM   #530
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Bolsonaro is not facing electoral scrutiny for a few years, and has just reshuffled his cabinet to accommodate a bunch of centrist parties in order to remove any threat of impeachment. So he won't do it for political survival. Plus, he will in all likelihood survive his bout with coronavirus and become even more empowered about how "it's just like the flu" while praising the use of chloroquine. So no, thankfully I don't think he is under pressure to unleash a rushed vaccine and use my compatriots as guinea pigs. He will fuck up in many different ways, though.
I hope you're right. Because the last thing any country needs is a reason to doubt their medical experts, who seem to have no platform in Brazil. Shit, at least we know to ask where they're hiding Dr. Fauci.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:30 PM   #531
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
I hope you're right. Because the last thing any country needs is a reason to doubt their medical experts, who seem to have no platform in Brazil. Shit, at least we know to ask where they're hiding Dr. Fauci.
Oh, don't get me wrong. Bolsonaro will doubt the country's medical experts every step of the way. I just don't think it's likely that he'll go the "early vaccine" route for the reasons I mentioned. And his leverage over the pharmaceutical industry is just not as strong as Trump's, so I doubt any pharmaceutical company researching the vaccine will be rushed by him.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:33 PM   #532
Blue Crack Supplier

And occasionally Dr Fauci has gone on Public Radio.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:48 PM   #533
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:11 AM
Quote:
Just take a moment to let it sink in that America has failed where LITERALLY EVERY OTHER comparable Western nation and a good number of developing nations have succeeded. And not only failed spectacularly but appears to have exactly zero hope of improving current circumstances.
But hey, "America #1", right, Trump supporters?

This is deeply embarrassing and shameful. This is America's big, "You need a huge dose of humility" moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Plus, he will in all likelihood survive his bout with coronavirus and become even more empowered about how "it's just like the flu" while praising the use of chloroquine.
I know how this sounds and all, but it's really hard to sit here and think about the fact that a whole bunch of totally innocent people have died from this virus, yet assholes like him and people connected to Trump and Pence and so forth who get it, people who are openly complicit in causing so many of those deaths, I might add, are able to recover from the virus and move on like it's nothing.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:15 AM   #534
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:41 PM
Quote:
Just take a moment to let it sink in that America has failed where LITERALLY EVERY OTHER comparable Western nation and a good number of developing nations have succeeded. And not only failed spectacularly but appears to have exactly zero hope of improving current circumstances.

The UK have fucked it big time too.

Quote:
95%

It's more so the other way round, Bolsonaro is a rung above Trump in the dipshit stakes and seems to have had a more consistently concrete ideology.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
The UK have fucked it big time too.
Yes, but the difference is that they admitted that they fucked it up and reversed course.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #536
Blue Crack Addict

By the numbers, the UK is still in Europe. Hah.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:31 PM   #537
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/statu...451872256?s=21
Old 07-09-2020, 12:52 PM   #538
Blue Crack Addict

Hashtag not a second wave
Hashtag it’s a forest fire and we failed to put it out
Old 07-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #539
Blue Crack Supplier

Florida reporting in with a single day record 120 deaths, but keep telling us the death rate is "low and steady" Pence. That is until the lag swims up and bites you on the ass.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #540
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Hashtag not a second wave
Hashtag it’s a forest fire and we failed to put it out

I know. But it was a catchy tune.