Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #481
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
So sad that Broadway actor Nick Cordero died after his long battle with this horrible virus. Forty one years old, leaves his wife and one year old son.
Yeah his ordeal was awful to hear about. So many ups & downs, likely would have ended up needing a double lung transplant if he had survived and had a leg amputated. Wonder if his was one of the 99% of cases that is harmless.

Old 07-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #482
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:42 PM
And the fact no one in this administration will state that 99% claim is false.

I’m curious what the % actually is.

We know it’s a 15-20% chance as an adult you could end up in a hospital.

I’m curious what the numbers are of people who’ve gotten this and struggled to return to their normal, optimal health?

My concern with this virus has always been what long term damage could it do to my body ?

Short term while sick is how to take care of my dog if it’s severe enough to knock me down?? Suppose neighbors could help out if they’re not freaked out

Old 07-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #483
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 04:42 AM
LA has been averaging a 3% hospitalization rate per new case since cases really started ramping up among the youth:

Old 07-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #484
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yet another appalling thing he has said, and another lie.

I was watching Face The Nation this morning, Margaret Brennan said they've been trying to get Dr. Fauci on for three months and the WH won't "grant permission". It's beyond pathetic. I'm so sick of living with this crap because of the fools who voted for him.
Dr Faucci has appeared on either Public Radio WNYC-AM or NPR in the last 7 - 10 days.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
That's so interesting, I hope and pray it will be meaningful.

So sad that Broadway actor Nick Cordero died after his long battle with this horrible virus. Forty one years old, leaves his wife and one year old son.
Yeah, that was just heartbreaking. Sure, as time went on things didn't look good, but he put up such a fight, you just kept hoping well, maybe...

I'm so sorry for his wife and son.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:38 PM   #486
Blue Crack Supplier

Keisha Lance Bottoms has The Rona, but is asymptomatic.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:41 PM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/abc27/status/128...017108992?s=21

Florida always leading the way....

https://twitter.com/cnnbrasil/status...582474240?s=21

Brazilian Trump has Covid like symptoms....awaiting test results tomorrow
Old 07-06-2020, 07:45 PM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Their hospitals should be overrun well before August...
Old 07-06-2020, 10:37 PM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I know those problem states have requested masks to be worn, but will the people wear them after being so against it ?

San Diego has closed indoor dining, movie theaters, the zoo, etc for the next three weeks.

Gyms were not on the list which i found surprising.

We need to get back to the CDC plan. You can’t move into the next phase unless you meet the criteria.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:08 PM   #490
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 04:42 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/healt...-bn/index.html

Synthesized antibodies will be the bridge to a vaccine and they're coming along nicely.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #491
Blue Crack Supplier

Spending a couple of days in the northeast — CT/NY/MA — and mask useage and social distancing are exemplary. I’m very impressed. It’s nice to know thet some people are capable of braving like adults.

It is possible, even with a toddler President.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:14 AM   #492
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/aslavitt/status/...445311488?s=21

Andy has really good nightly threads
Old 07-07-2020, 11:19 AM   #493
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Spending a couple of days in the northeast — CT/NY/MA — and mask useage and social distancing are exemplary. I’m very impressed. It’s nice to know thet some people are capable of braving like adults.

It is possible, even with a toddler President.
I see excellent compliance here in MA almost all the time, and it is reflected in the numbers.
It astounds me that there's so much push back on simple things like wearing a mask in a grocery store or similar. Maybe the halting & rolling back of opening sectors of the economy in the sun belt will finally give folks the nudge they need to be smarter, but who knows.
Of course bars & nightclubs are still closed here, slated for phase 4, which Baker announced last week would happen "when a vaccine becomes available", so that does eliminate one of the biggest recent spread areas other places have seen.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I know those problem states have requested masks to be worn, but will the people wear them after being so against it ?

San Diego has closed indoor dining, movie theaters, the zoo, etc for the next three weeks.

Gyms were not on the list which i found surprising.

We need to get back to the CDC plan. You can’t move into the next phase unless you meet the criteria.
I find the whole mask thing to be really disappointing for several reasons.

First, our governments basically all (outside Asia) immediately proclaimed that masks don't protect you and only need to be worn by healthcare workers. This was absolute idiocy and nonsense but I understand that they did it because there wasn't enough PPE to go around. Instead they should have said, medical-grade masks are not going to be available to the public until we secure enough PPE for our frontline workers BUT we encourage the public to wear homemade masks, etc.

Then a few months later suddenly masks are required while you spent most of the winter/spring convincing people that there is no need for them. It's poor decision making.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:35 AM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Of course bars & nightclubs are still closed here, slated for phase 4, which Baker announced last week would happen "when a vaccine becomes available", so that does eliminate one of the biggest recent spread areas other places have seen.
Bars could maybe be open with very strict rules.

Night clubs have no business being open anytime soon. This has literally been the main issue in every single jurisdiction that opened them. The evidence is clear across Europe, Asia, etc - nightclubs must stay closed. Now somebody will come and say I have no empathy for the business owners, but realistically we just can't have this sector operating, much like we can't have packed cruise ships.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #496
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Daycare centers may be reopening in New York next week, and this will raise some uncomfortable questions for me. As one of two working parents of a 17-month old child, I am desperate for daycares to reopen, but I have no confidence that it is safe at all. We will likely give it some time to see the actual results and take it from there.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:48 PM   #497
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Daycare centers may be reopening in New York next week, and this will raise some uncomfortable questions for me. As one of two working parents of a 17-month old child, I am desperate for daycares to reopen, but I have no confidence that it is safe at all. We will likely give it some time to see the actual results and take it from there.
Ours reopened a couple of weeks ago - restricted to 8 kids + 2 teachers per room. So most people didn't get a spot in any event. We elected to keep our daughter at home through the summer since our son (going in to senior kindergarten in September) is also home and we just didn't feel like being the first to try. It's not ideal - teachers are all masked, kids can't sing, can't touch other kids, have to sit with empty chairs between them at lunch time for distancing, all soft toys that can't be cleaned easily had to be removed and so on.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:55 PM   #498
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Ours reopened a couple of weeks ago - restricted to 8 kids + 2 teachers per room. So most people didn't get a spot in any event. We elected to keep our daughter at home through the summer since our son (going in to senior kindergarten in September) is also home and we just didn't feel like being the first to try. It's not ideal - teachers are all masked, kids can't sing, can't touch other kids, have to sit with empty chairs between them at lunch time for distancing, all soft toys that can't be cleaned easily had to be removed and so on.
Thanks, this is helpful. At least for the first few weeks we are leaning towards keeping him at home (he's also still teething and puts everything in his mouth, so not a great age to be exposed to a pandemic). It's just so frustrating to not have an end in sight while work continues unabated.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #499
Blue Crack Supplier

I feel for those of you figuring out day care. Trying to get toddlers to social distance etc. will be like trying to herd cats.
Hopeful my teenager will be back in high school come September (safely). We have received word that currently that is the plan, with mask requirements, spreading out of desks (all facing the same direction also, which makes sense) and other protocols.
They are still figuring out buses and whether or not sports/drama/music etc. will happen. Lots of unknowns still and everything of course subject to change at any moment.
But we are preparing. He wants to return to in person school. Bought some cloth face masks on Etsy for him with Mario Brothers and Simpsons on them, make sure he has enough to get through a week and wash them on the weekend.
Thanks 2020.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #500
War Child

I have not been in my office in just about four months, but it looks like I'll need to be in person two or three times over the next two weeks. I'll obviously wear a mask and social distance as much as possible, but it's an air conditioned office with no ventilation.