Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so sorry Mrs. S. Big hugs to you. I know what a tough road it’s been, and your strength is an inspiration.

i don't have much else to add but my condolences as well Mrs. S. you are strong and you will get through this time. :hug:

Thank you. Thanks everyone, you have all helped with what you've said. There are so many difficult and stressful things still ahead for me. I can just only hope there are better days at some point. There has to be a reason I'm still here, hopefully.

Thank you. Thanks everyone, you have all helped with what you've said. There are so many difficult and stressful things still ahead for me. I can just only hope there are better days at some point. There has to be a reason I'm still here, hopefully.

It is always hardest in the beginning, when your world feels like it's shattered but you look around and everyone else appears to be going on with life like nothing has changed. It's a really big disconnect that gets smaller with each passing day. :hug:

That guy is not only loathsome but dangerous and we should not forget about him even when Trump inevitably leaves office. These sorts of assholes have a way of popping up like whack-a-mole.

Oh, Mrs S, I'm so sorry. :ohmy:

Within 2 years? That's quite rough!
My mom 12 yrs. My dad coming up on 9 in a few days.

Within the sorrow; I'm so glad you reconciled w him.
I was able to have a somewhat challenging but sweet relationship with my dad again; once the wounds of both his serverely alcoholic parents that triggered increasingly uncaring and real meanness from 3 depressions faded away due to dementia his usual sweet, and caring self returned for the last 2 yrs or so.
It was deeply precious.

I'm very your have your church's fellowship.
My friends and long time acquaintances elsewhere on this site were such an added level of support during those first days, months, first year or two - I offer another shoulder - I don't want you to feel so all alone.
I may not be there right away etc but I'll check in as I think someone you know is still there and we chat off and on.

Anyway I'd miss your thoughtful, informed, and occasionally funny snarky voice here, too! :)

And anitram said it well - people walking around while your lafe has majorly stopped.

Most often time with open space to add beauty, joy, laughter again in between the pain. That happened to me and I felt guilty when I started to feel a steadier, a stretch of joy. Did I love them any less because I didn't feel so berefted so constantly? No, they'd be happy your spirit had lifted again.

It's Badlands right now. Take your rest, you'll get through. :hug: :hug:

Last edited:
The US on this COVID is basically a dumpster fire but viruses don’t respect borders and we all have to hope they turn this around - for the sake of minimizing infections and deaths, for our economic recovery, and so on.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1286686816456912896?s=21

The report basically says it’ll all be fine. Kids don’t get sick as easily and if they do it’s very mild.

No talk about teachers and school staff health.

No talk about community spread

The government wants a few day’s worth of good press (We opened schools, Again!!) before the disaster starts.

I don’t know of any other country that opened schools while the spread of infection was running wild.

There’s not enough time to get it under control before schools open.

Start messing with the health and safety of people’s children and things are going to get really dicey.

This is so weird to me. Weren’t we just supposed to think the CDC was politicized and out to get Trump?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/us/gwinnett-county-parents-protest-reopen-schools/index.html

I agree it will get very ugly once kids start getting sick and then spread it to parents / grandparents.

You read an article above and i do feel for some of them where they are stuck with work, and other limitations where they need kids to go to school.

I’ve had some friends back home in Iowa (where it’s being pushed for 50/50 in school) say it should be left up to the family to decide the health of their kids and them.

I just find it difficult because it’s not just contained to their family. It’s a virus. It’s contagious.

There are no easy solutions. I’d like to see pushing school openings to October where maybe we have things under control. Start with online in August to move things but prepare to go back later.

But at this point sending kids back in a few weeks while the country is sick, it’s adding gasoline to the fire

I was very much in favor of reopening schools in the fall back when I was hoping we wouldn't turn into a complete dumpster fire.

I imagined a world of improved and abundant testing and tracing. - which would have allowed at the very least a hybrid in person / virtual return to school in September. Alas...

What's troubling is that you're starting to see bumps of cases in locations that had this under control and we're held up as models of how everyone else should do it.

Community spread may simply be inevitable, with the only real choice being a) shut down and kill the economy until there's a vaccine, or b) let grandma die.

Or force everyone to wear a damn mask and do your best to put out any fires that come up

I really want to punch Tucker Carlson, he's such an asshole. Back from his "scheduled vacation" apparently.

Dr. Fauci should have just let himself get dehydrated. I take him at his word

https://youtu.be/EdOSFbmyF_w

Guess we can. It’s been canceled.

Cancel culture wins again ;)

Thousands of lives probably saved by getting this program pulled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom