Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fauci gives it the OK, then I’ll feel better. If he disappears around that time then I’ll suspect something didn’t meet standards.

It sounds like that’s the plan for the vaccine(s). Get something out there (that’s safe) but meets the bare minimum for coverage (50% effective) knowing that in the next year or later a better one is on the way.

There was a LA Times article on Plasma Shots that sounds promising too but the Feds and pharma aren’t pursuing it. Stating they want to focus on therapies for the very ill vs something that goes to the public

I think its time for:

tenor.gif

15,299 new case reported today, shattering the old daily record by nearly 4,000.

No mask DeSantis should be praising the amount of testing in 3...2...

I’m starting to think there’s no plan for anything. Or if there’s a plan it’s to loot as much $$$ as possible before getting kicked out of office.

They want schools to open because there’ll be a stock market boost. Then within a few days do a week when everyone gets sick they’ll close down but Trump and his peeps will have made their $$$.

If Fauci gives it the OK, then I’ll feel better. If he disappears around that time then I’ll suspect something didn’t meet standards.

It sounds like that’s the plan for the vaccine(s). Get something out there (that’s safe) but meets the bare minimum for coverage (50% effective) knowing that in the next year or later a better one is on the way.

There was a LA Times article on Plasma Shots that sounds promising too but the Feds and pharma aren’t pursuing it. Stating they want to focus on therapies for the very ill vs something that goes to the public

Remember when Dr Fauci hasn't allowed to be part of the news conferences - he's been showing up on Public Radio, maybe MSN (I've basically heard him on public radio) contradicting drumph etc.

Such a joke that they only want to treat very ill people. That’s like a hopeless fight against rising floodwaters.

Neutralize the spread by treating healthy people.

I’m starting to think there’s no plan for anything. Or if there’s a plan it’s to loot as much $$$ as possible before getting kicked out of office.

They want schools to open because there’ll be a stock market boost. Then within a few days do a week when everyone gets sick they’ll close down but Trump and his peeps will have made their $$$.

They want schools to open because of the suburbs.

Some good news for a change

Source: Bloomberg

New York City, once the epicenter of the nation’s coronavirus outbreak, has just reported its first day with zero confirmed or probable virus deaths since the pandemic hit New York State.

The milestone came Sunday in initial data from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

It marked the end of a four-month stretch since the city reported its first Covid-19 fatality on March 11. The confirmed daily death count hit its height on April 7 at 597. Another 216 people were reported likely to have died from the virus despite no positive laboratory tests that day.

“New Yorkers have been the hero of this story, going above and beyond to keep each other safe,” City Hall spokeswoman Avery Cohen said in an emailed statement.

don', know how this'll hold, but it's still good to see major progress for a change! :applaud:

It isn’t the first time we’ve heard it. What’s unclear is whether or not the patients are getting it a second time or if the virus is making a comeback in their body or something.

I think it's time for the internet to go away. It has a nice run, but clearly we cannot be trusted with it.

nope. nope. nope.

The good of the net outweighs the bad. :yes: :up:

It's that the bad is pretty darn bad especially since covid19 (and that was already on top of all the horrificness that drump & co did, did not do, or gave "permission" to ) - that it dims the bigger amount of good.
:(

Last edited:
Cali moving back to March restrictions (or similar)

All indoors closed:
Gyms
Churches
Barbershop
Bars
Restaurants

My assumption is that businesses that have patios or outdoor dining can continue to operate.

This is going to be the cycle until we get a proper national plan in place, which at the moment will have to be in January if Biden can win.

Never has a new president had such a daunting task when he takes office, should Biden win.

Think about it... establish a fix with all the problems like race relations, deteriorating relationships with allies, immigration, a global pandemic where you’re actually the last western country still suffering dearly, oh and also try to do all of it remotely lol

LemonMelon

I think it's good you're decreasing your viewing pandemic numbers, etc. Big news (+/-) will be easy enough to know about.

Job hunting, and daily recovery from an extra frustrating and scary effort in order to continue it in the best way possible.
Other most important thing is staying in touch with the people you care about, enjoy connecting with etc.

Good Luck!!!!!

Never has a new president had such a daunting task when he takes office, should Biden win.

Think about it... establish a fix with all the problems like race relations, deteriorating relationships with allies, immigration, a global pandemic where you’re actually the last western country still suffering dearly, oh and also try to do all of it remotely lol

Not the same, of course, and the present situation is much worse, but Obama also inherited the biggest economy crisis (at that point) of a generation, a discredited foreign policy post-Iraq, deteriorating rule of law, etc.

It's almost like Democrats have to make up for the stupid stuff Republicans do when in office,

Certainly waaay up there! :(

Imho in regards to our Allies.
Many know something about Biden in particular, and generally something to a lot about the Democrats, or even had met him sometime between '09 - early '17. I think in that arena America will be relatively easy to return to much better relationships.

Last edited:
Cali moving back to March restrictions (or similar)

All indoors closed:
Gyms
Churches
Barbershop
Bars
Restaurants

My assumption is that businesses that have patios or outdoor dining can continue to operate.

This is going to be the cycle until we get a proper national plan in place, which at the moment will have to be in January if Biden can win.

Definitely not March because they haven't shut any parks or beaches down. More like May. Also, many of these businesses can reopen the moment you exit the watch list, which is a wrinkle unique to the phasing structure. I actually like the system we have in place because it is grounded in data, I just wish it was enforced more aggressively. LA should have shut back down a month ago.

A mask mandate should be set in place for the the whole country for 3 months with a $300 fine attached (THAT IS ACTUALLY ENFORCED). Watch the numbers plummet in under a month.

This is what needs to be done if we really want schools and other businesses to reopen.

A mask mandate should be set in place for the the whole country for 3 months with a $300 fine attached (THAT IS ACTUALLY ENFORCED). Watch the numbers plummet in under a month.

This is what needs to be done if we really want schools and other businesses to reopen.

That's what you get when the same people who insist that everything has to be open are the same ones who refuse to be inconvenienced in any way.

Obama possibly had it worse. Possibly.

Biggest financial disaster since the Great Depression, the catastrophe of Iraq, low to nonexistent trust with allies, and being the first Black President.

One thing is for certain: all GOP presidencies of the 21st centuries have been ruinous. And the majority of them were won by losing the popular vote.

Not the same, of course, and the present situation is much worse, but Obama also inherited the biggest economy crisis (at that point) of a generation, a discredited foreign policy post-Iraq, deteriorating rule of law, etc.

It's almost like Democrats have to make up for the stupid stuff Republicans do when in office,

I should have read this before I posted. D’oh.

LemonMelon

I think it's good you're decreasing your viewing pandemic numbers, etc. Big news (+/-) will be easy enough to know about.

Job hunting, and daily recovery from an extra frustrating and scary effort in order to continue it in the best way possible.
Other most important thing is staying in touch with the people you care about, enjoy connecting with etc.

Good Luck!!!!!
Thanks, I'm fortunate to not be completely destitute at this point, with the luxury of time to have patience and show a little faith. There's a challenging compromise to make between embracing rejection as a strong possibility and not giving up altogether, and I have not been able to make it work yet. I'm 29 years old and clearly still have a lot of growing up to do.

Illinois is trying some version of that: mandating a two-week quarantine for anyone who arrives from 14 states with especially high case numbers. Whether or not the state has any ability to enforce that quarantine, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom