Global Pandemic Part III: A typical Spring, Just Ask China - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2020, 09:25 AM   #381
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Houston is the hospital capital of the world.

Houston is on the brink of maxing out its hospitals.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:24 AM   #382
Blue Crack Addict

It's terrible.

And it doesn't/didn't have to be this way. Literally every other developing country has gotten this under control.

Yes, Trump is to blame for most of it, BUT it's also the sycophant Republican governors who are acting only to please his majesty and not in the best interests of their people. This is why the election is so important - there has to be a top to bottom cleaning out. And finally, the Americans who choose to follow these brazen criminals have to take some responsibility. When you see idiots in an evangelical church cheering on Trump as he bullshits about Kung Flu, it reinforces their complete moral failures. Compare that to the Northeast, which was hit very hard, where people were dying by the minute and where most people, whether it was comfortable or convenient or not, managed to suck it up and act like big boys and girls and think not only of themselves but their neighbours and fellow citizens.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:33 AM   #383
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Somehow we crime infested northeast liberal elite shit holes managed to pull it off. Praise gzus
Old 06-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Somehow we crime infested northeast liberal elite shit holes managed to pull it off. Praise gzus
You had a lot of free time on your hands due to the abortion clinics being closed.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:47 AM   #385
Blue Crack Supplier

The way our country operates as 50 autonomous states is definitely the issue. Other nations can have one federal set of rules that everyone follows, doesn't happen here. So you end up with different outcomes in different states/regions, and then the travel within the country will just cause more outbreaks.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #386
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
The way our country operates as 50 autonomous states is definitely the issue. Other nations can have one federal set of rules that everyone follows, doesn't happen here. So you end up with different outcomes in different states/regions, and then the travel within the country will just cause more outbreaks.
We don't.

Healthcare in Canada is a provincial issue, per our constitution. Which is why you also saw really different rates in different provinces. However, our provincial premiers basically adopted the same or very similar set of rules re: lockdowns, regardless of which party they belong to. That's the difference - like I said, the GOP sycophant governors have a lot of blame to shoulder here.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:13 AM   #387
Blue Crack Supplier

And its a lot easier to get 13 governments to band together for something than 50.
Plus you have poutine. Everyone can get along while indulging in poutine.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #388
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

That’s where strong federal leadership is needed, especially in times of crisis. I agree that it’s impossible to compare the US to, say, France. But if Trump cared about anyone but himself he could have easily gotten the red state governors to go along with a much stronger response. Because the decadent elites in liberal hellhole cities were always going to do the right thing anyway.

One good bit of news is that the US and the EU death rates are pretty similar ... at least for now.

I don’t think the morbidity will be as bad as it was in April since we’ve gotten better at treating the disease and the average patient is less grandma in the Bronx and more Becky doing body shots on the lake.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:52 AM   #389
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Houston is the hospital capital of the world.

Houston is on the brink of maxing out its hospitals.
this happens every spring and is no worse than the seasonal flu or pneumonia.

checkmate libs.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:40 PM   #390
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder maybe it would be for the best if the USA just broke up?
Old 06-25-2020, 12:51 PM   #391
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Florida, Texas and Arizona's rate of positive tests is so fucking terrible right now. All of them have been sitting between 11% and 20% the past few days. This will not improve with Trump removing federal funding for testing sites.

I was stunned to see that California just churned out over 95,000 tests in one day, to a rate of 7%. That's far from good, and worse than the 3.5% or so that was common before Memorial Day, but it gives me hope that we're at least trying.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:55 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

I don’t think the morbidity will be as bad as it was in April since we’ve gotten better at treating the disease and the average patient is less grandma in the Bronx and more Becky doing body shots on the lake.
Also statistically speaking, many of the most vulnerable have already died in the states with early exposure.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:57 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I was stunned to see that California just churned out over 95,000 tests in one day, to a rate of 7%. That's far from good, and worse than the 3.5% or so that was common before Memorial Day, but it gives me hope that we're at least trying.
How are you doing? I know it was very stressful when it all started.

California was really more surprising to me in the beginning - the rates were much lower even in the higher-density cities. I don't put it in the same category as the southern states which are a total dumpster fire, courtesy of their "leadership."
Old 06-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #394
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
How are you doing? I know it was very stressful when it all started.

California was really more surprising to me in the beginning - the rates were much lower even in the higher-density cities. I don't put it in the same category as the southern states which are a total dumpster fire, courtesy of their "leadership."
I'm getting by, thanks for asking. I took Ashley and our daughter to the airport yesterday because they're visiting family (who don't wear masks), so I'm worried for them, but here it's mostly just frustrated resignation rather than the constant anxiety that I was feeling in March. The reality eventually sinks in that we can only look after ourselves and, if we're lucky, the ones we love. If no one else wants to cooperate, that's life.

Despite our numbers climbing, Los Angeles has not been driving the statewide spike in hospitalizations (increasing but well below peak) or rate of positive tests (around 8-9%). The number of fatalities has been stable (about 30-40 on weekdays, down from 40+ in May). I think there's some vector exhaustion going on where even if transmission is increasing, the virus has been spreading consistently for months and reached a point where younger people are driving new infections. Hardly ideal, especially if they spread it to their families, but it explains why fatalities aren't increasing here the way they are in other parts of the state with older populations.

The border towns, San Bernardino County, Orange County (where they actively stopped wearing masks, forcing a reinstating of the mask order statewide) and San Diego County are seeing consistent 5-8% increases in hospitalizations that are quite troubling. Los Angeles County is closer to 2-3%. Not great, but manageable for now.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:49 PM   #395
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
You had a lot of free time on your hands due to the abortion clinics being closed.
This is fair
Old 06-25-2020, 01:53 PM   #396
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
We don't.

Healthcare in Canada is a provincial issue, per our constitution. Which is why you also saw really different rates in different provinces. However, our provincial premiers basically adopted the same or very similar set of rules re: lockdowns, regardless of which party they belong to. That's the difference - like I said, the GOP sycophant governors have a lot of blame to shoulder here.
The blame is mostly at the federal level here. With zero leadership or federal coordination during this crisis, it left every state to fend for themselves. Under a normal administration could there have been a few states who went rouge? Sure - but the majority would have fallen in line.

The main threat of a Trump administration has always been what would happen in a time of national crisis. We almost made it through without having to answer that question... but then we had this Ordinary Spring .
Old 06-25-2020, 02:08 PM   #397
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The reality eventually sinks in that we can only look after ourselves and, if we're lucky, the ones we love. If no one else wants to cooperate, that's life.

Its unfortunate that we all have to basically take this outlook, but that's where we're at. Take care of yourself and your family, and hope the majority of others do similar. Those who refuse to follow some simple and basic preventative protocols (the mask disavowers) can fend for themselves, just try and steer clear of them.

A crisis like this illuminates just how many selfish (and somewhat stupid) folks here are. Starting right at the top with the dude who won't wear a mask cause of his orange pancake makeup which just ends up on his shirt collar anyway.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:20 PM   #398
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Its unfortunate that we all have to basically take this outlook, but that's where we're at. Take care of yourself and your family, and hope the majority of others do similar. Those who refuse to follow some simple and basic preventative protocols (the mask disavowers) can fend for themselves, just try and steer clear of them.

A crisis like this illuminates just how many selfish (and somewhat stupid) folks there are. Starting right at the top with the dude who won't wear a mask cause of his orange pancake makeup which just ends up on his shirt collar anyway.
To be fair, this is what it looks like when he showers that shit off at night

Old 06-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The blame is mostly at the federal level here. With zero leadership or federal coordination during this crisis, it left every state to fend for themselves. Under a normal administration could there have been a few states who went rouge? Sure - but the majority would have fallen in line.

The main threat of a Trump administration has always been what would happen in a time of national crisis. We almost made it through without having to answer that question... but then we had this Ordinary Spring .
For sure there was a failure at the federal level to provide supplies, support and drive a unified message. But if the Republican governors weren't so far up Trump's ass that they are coming out of his mouth you may have had more responses at the state level to implement a proper lockdown and not open too early or too aggressively.

I don't mean to minimize Trump - he's beyond criminal in this, but let's not forget that his idiot party supported him all the way.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:49 AM
And if we're lucky and they get voted out of office later this year, they all need to be held criminally responsible. They've got people's deaths on their hands. We need to find a way to send a strong message to them that this shit is unacceptable, and make it clear that should we have another pandemic, everyone is going to follow the rules next time, no ifs, ands, or buts.