Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m baffled at how stupid some of my friends are. Publicly posting that they’re healthy and going to go back to living life normally, and if they infect people so be it, and if people die it’s not on them. Calling the governors tyrants. Of course, they’re also anti-vaxxers and one of them took a year to realize her kid was allergic to certain foods, which we pointed out to her right away (since our son is and he had the exact same symptoms). I love the unfollow feature on Facebook.

I’m baffled at how stupid some of my friends are. Publicly posting that they’re healthy and going to go back to living life normally, and if they infect people so be it, and if people die it’s not on them. Calling the governors tyrants. Of course, they’re also anti-vaxxers and one of them took a year to realize her kid was allergic to certain foods, which we pointed out to her right away (since our son is and he had the exact same symptoms). I love the unfollow feature on Facebook.

I dropped Facebook and IG years ago. Don’t miss it

But I’ve had to unfollow people in real life because of their complete lack of awareness and compassion to others because they feel invincible or it’s just a flu.

I don’t know how many times I’ve had to hear “i run marathons so my lungs are in great shape. This one affect me”

Or the delusion that life will return to pre virus normalcy even without a vaccine. I admire some of their ignorance but same time they’re driven by ego

It’s disappointing to lose friendships but you also find out people’s true character when times get tough.

I kept yelling at the radio (rebroadcast at 11pm of PBS's News Hour (6pm EDST) when they were reporting about his god damn injecting disinfectants idea.

And his next "explaination" - "sarcastic reply to a sarcastic reporter's question" - was bullshit when he made the original remark during his statement before questions.

Why isn't he being held for criminal neligent homicide for such a Beyond STUPID comment! :scream: :sad:
At least criminal negligence !? :(

( Answer: He's The Teflon Don. :sad: ).

Plus:

Laurence Tribe
@tribelaw
·
10h
-- MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE called Maryland's emergency hotline asking whether injecting or ingesting disinfectants could help cure Covid-19! What worries me is how many DIDN’T call but just tried Trump’s insane experiment on themselves or their kids.

:crack: :crack: :gah:

Last edited:
It'll be a miracle if somebody doesn't eventually wind up punching his lights out at one of these press conferences because they're so beyond fed up with his bullshit.

Yet again I say, fuck you, Trump supporters. Fuck every single last one of you.

I hear you for both items! :sigh:

Good graciousness, just read that Iowa is partly opening up ?! :sad: Stay Safe!!! :hug:

A NY Times reporter just said on CNN that he wishes a reporter would ask Trump at the briefing today "what is wrong with you?" Truth, but that wouldn't work out very well.

I was sitting here thinking reporters should put bottles around his podium or hold them up or something as a way to mock him at the next briefing. Let him be publicly humiliated for his utterly stupid and batshit insane comments.

Why isn't he being held for criminal neligent homicide for such a Beyond STUPID comment! :scream: :sad:

The question we should all be asking ourselves right about now. Seriously, somebody out there can jump on that 25th Amendment option any freaking time now.

California had a bad week for new cases and deaths, many of which are coming from nursing homes and assisted living facilities, but there is one major bright spot: we cleared out our testing backlog of 64,000+ and jumped from 46th in testing per million all the way up to 29th in just one week. While testing is slowing down across the country, we're ramping up. That's great news.

Today, after my live gym class, our trainer thanked us all for being there and said that she was going to see her Mom in a long term care home. She is not so old but does have Alzheimer's and COVID-19. The doctors called my trainer to ask her if she wanted to come say goodbye today as her Mom had hours left. And my trainer kept (through tears) how LUCKY she was that this long term care home had space and had established private quarantine rooms which meant they would allow the daughter to come and say goodbye in person - in full PPE, not allowed to approach her mother or touch her but at least she could speak with her. And how thankful she was that the doctor called to give her the heads up and how thankful she was for the nurses who did her Mom's hair and took care of her in these last days. We all just cried with her, what else can you do?

And then I was furious, just furious with the hundreds of protesters we saw yesterday, selfishly congregating without any physical distancing, brandishing guns, yelling obscenities at the nurses who stood there silently while being accused of being crisis actors. This is nothing short of OUTRAGEOUS. They should be fined and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

That we have people who did everything right and who feel LUCKY to be able to stand 2 m away from their own mother one last time and then you have these assholes. Never, ever forget.

Today, after my live gym class, our trainer thanked us all for being there and said that she was going to see her Mom in a long term care home. She is not so old but does have Alzheimer's and COVID-19. The doctors called my trainer to ask her if she wanted to come say goodbye today as her Mom had hours left. And my trainer kept (through tears) how LUCKY she was that this long term care home had space and had established private quarantine rooms which meant they would allow the daughter to come and say goodbye in person - in full PPE, not allowed to approach her mother or touch her but at least she could speak with her. And how thankful she was that the doctor called to give her the heads up and how thankful she was for the nurses who did her Mom's hair and took care of her in these last days. We all just cried with her, what else can you do?

And then I was furious, just furious with the hundreds of protesters we saw yesterday, selfishly congregating without any physical distancing, brandishing guns, yelling obscenities at the nurses who stood there silently while being accused of being crisis actors. This is nothing short of OUTRAGEOUS. They should be fined and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

That we have people who did everything right and who feel LUCKY to be able to stand 2 m away from their own mother one last time and then you have these assholes. Never, ever forget.

Having lost my Mom, and being so worried about my Dad, this post really hits home for me. Beyond heartbreaking.

I didn't know that nurses and doctors were being accused of being crisis actors, but it doesn't surprise me at all. Because of course it's one giant conspiracy against Trump.

John Roberts from Fox News reported on a company experimenting with using UV light internally. See Trump really is a stable genius.

When I saw this I just thought you've got to be kidding me.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1253822092384100352

Having lost my Mom, and being so worried about my Dad, this post really hits home for me. Beyond heartbreaking.

I didn't know that nurses and doctors were being accused of being crisis actors, but it doesn't surprise me at all. Because of course it's one giant conspiracy against Trump.

Yes I read about this one nurse who also went to stand near the protests silently, she was harassed called all kinds of names and threatened! It’s utterly disgusting! I am disgusted at these trump supporters and conspiracy theorists! They are truly the bottom scum of the barrel!

And where is Gzusfrk? I want him to comment on the fact that he laughed when people said that 10’s of thousands would die in the USA! Now we are 50K + deaths and at this rate it will not be 10’s of thousands, it will be 100’s of thousands. When will cowards like GZus come here and admit that they were WRONG???

And where is Gzusfrk? I want him to comment on the fact that he laughed when people said that 10’s of thousands would die in the USA! Now we are 50K + deaths and at this rate it will not be 10’s of thousands, it will be 100’s of thousands. When will cowards like GZus come here and admit that they were WRONG???

lol you won't be getting any admissions of being wrong out of that one.

their new tactic is to claim that hospitals are no longer counting regular pneumonia deaths and counting all of them as covid-related because hospitals get more money for treating a covid patient than a pneumonia patient. these are all just the thousands of normal annual pneumonia deaths happening but they're being fraudulently claimed as covid to make the hospitals more money and evil democrat governors are encouraging this so that they can continue the lockdowns and are deliberately tanking the economy to make the president look bad in an election year.

Last edited:
From Urban Dictionary, thank you Johnny Donut (probably George Conway)

TOP DEFINITION

Imbleached

When one is removed quickly from a position of authority as if they were a lingering germ or virus on a high touch surface.

The sitting President was Imbleached after spouting insane theories on treatments and cures.

by Johnny Donut April 24, 2020

Seriously though, can we impeach him a second time on the basis of being considered a threat to our national security and to our domestic wellbeing?

lol you won't be getting any admissions of being wrong out of that one.

their new tactic is to claim that hospitals are no longer counting regular pneumonia deaths and counting all of them as covid-related because hospitals get more money for treating a covid patient than a pneumonia patient. these are all just the thousands of normal annual pneumonia deaths happening but they're being fraudulently claimed as covid to make the hospitals more money and evil democrat governors are encouraging this so that they can continue the lockdowns and are deliberately tanking the economy to make the president look bad in an election year.

That is true! I guess wishing for people like gzus to admit they are wrong is like wishing you have the winning lotto numbers. Never going to happen.

I'd love to hear his thoughts on the Lysol/bleach stuff, myself.

Seriously. Hillary lost to this.

OF FUCKING COURSE THEY ARE! :sigh: :banghead: Goddamn moronic assholes.

From Urban Dictionary, thank you Johnny Donut (probably George Conway)

TOP DEFINITION

Imbleached

When one is removed quickly from a position of authority as if they were a lingering germ or virus on a high touch surface.

The sitting President was Imbleached after spouting insane theories on treatments and cures.

by Johnny Donut April 24, 2020

That's great. Let's make that a national thing, so it will forever be tied to Trump. And let's do something similar for his dumbass supporters ,too.

If this is the point where the cult drinks the koolaid I’m okay with that

Honestly, same. If they're cold-hearted enough to claim doctors and nurses are being crisis actors, selfish enough to protest in public and put other people at risk, and dumb enough to drink bleach or Lysol or whatever, they deserve whatever comes of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom