Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1250821245173710848?s=21

"The cars were blocking one of our hospitals, so an ambulance literally wasn't able to get into the bay for ten minutes," said Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

I’m concerned about the response these terrorists will unleash on local governments when Trump declares shit open, and states don’t follow.

They only care about State rights when it involves their guns, and women’s bodies.

Otherwise, it’s TYRANNY

—Doug Mills / The New York Times

WASHINGTON — Ivanka Trump, President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter and a senior White House adviser, has positioned herself as one of the leaders of the administration’s economic relief efforts and one of its most vocal advocates of social distancing.

“Those lucky enough to be in a position to stay at home, please, please do so,” Ivanka Trump said in a video she posted online, encouraging Americans to follow federal guidelines about social distancing, which suggests that people stay at least 6 feet apart. “Each and every one of us plays a role in slowing the spread.”

But Trump herself has not followed the federal guidelines advising against discretionary travel, leaving Washington for another one of her family’s homes, even as she has publicly thanked people for self-quarantining. And effective April 1, the city of Washington issued a stay-at-home order for all residents unless they are performing essential activities.

Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, who is also a senior White House adviser, traveled with their three children to the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey to celebrate the first night of Passover this month, according to two people with knowledge of their travel plans, even as seders across the country were canceled and families gathered remotely over apps like Zoom.

Nepotism Ken & Barbie spent Passover at Trump's New Jersey hotel.

She said social distancing would be "easier".

At a resort.

With how many staff serving their asses, cleaning and cooking for them?

With how many secret service agents and drivers accompanying them?

With how many staff working to maintain the property, inside and outside?

Like I said, if this was the middle ages, that resort would have been stormed by peasants and they would have been quartered.

I guess Trump just wants to announce any kind of plan no matter how imaginary it is.

She said social distancing would be "easier".

At a resort.

With how many staff serving their asses, cleaning and cooking for them?

With how many secret service agents and drivers accompanying them?

With how many staff working to maintain the property, inside and outside?

Like I said, if this was the middle ages, that resort would have been stormed by peasants and they would have been quartered.

It’s not even all this.

It’s that she can get the rest and you/we can’t.

I guess Trump just wants to announce any kind of plan no matter how imaginary it is.

The plan is just a show, like everything else. It’ll boost the stock market tomorrow so he can brag about it going into the weekend.

https://twitter.com/aslavitt/status/1250906221839859718?s=21

His testing point.

If we don’t get actual details from WH or CDC, can’t imagine we get out of this holding pattern.

It’s tough to envision without a federal guideline. Otherwise Iowa has 1000 tests and their numbers look ok compared to MI which has 20x the tests and deaths.

Every state needs mass testing to be able to get a better read of the infection within its borders.

This plan is also set up to put 100% of the blame on the Governors.

State doesn’t open things up, blame Gov

State opens up and people get sick and die, blame Gov

Need to look for the article again (maybe Kyle Griffin twitter timeline ;) )

But it claimed the entire T Roosevelt carrier was tested for covid.

60% were asymptomatic

Without mass testing before May 1st in place, we are in serious trouble if more than half population doesn’t show symptoms.

We’ll wipe out the vulnerable, and no one is sure if asymptomatic turns to symptoms at some point in the infection period.

Need to look for the article again (maybe Kyle Griffin twitter timeline ;) )

But it claimed the entire T Roosevelt carrier was tested for covid.

60% were asymptomatic

Without mass testing before May 1st in place, we are in serious trouble if more than half population doesn’t show symptoms.

We’ll wipe out the vulnerable, and no one is sure if asymptomatic turns to symptoms at some point in the infection period.

Well the flip side here is this... how many people already have this and are already immune?

Which again - holy fuck - WE NEED TESTING.

Well the flip side here is this... how many people already have this and are already immune?

The reason that this doesn't make a lot of sense (by this I mean the theory that a lot of people had it and are immune) is that the test results don't match up at all. Meaning, you would have had a hell of a lot more positives. The positive rate among countries/regions that are testing aggressively is really low.

The reason that this doesn't make a lot of sense (by this I mean the theory that a lot of people had it and are immune) is that the test results don't match up at all. Meaning, you would have had a hell of a lot more positives. The positive rate among countries/regions that are testing aggressively is really low.
Not necessarily. If they're asymptomatic they aren't going to get tested. The only people being given tests are those showing symptoms - at which case it's either you have COVID-19 or you have the regular old flu.

The biggest issue with this bug is all of the people who are passing this around that are (or were) showing no symptoms whatsoever.

Welp. Approaching the final days of my quarantine and no symptoms for either me or my son. His mom is recovered too after having a couple hospital scares, so my anxiety is getting better and better. The most amusing part is that last Saturday I pulled a muscle in my chest/shoulder area from working out, and forgot about it. 2 days later it started to hurt more and I immediately thought I had it. I don't suffer from anxiety but it's been a real trying couple of weeks wondering if every cough or sniffle was the start of something.

Welp. Approaching the final days of my quarantine and no symptoms for either me or my son. His mom is recovered too after having a couple hospital scares, so my anxiety is getting better and better. The most amusing part is that last Saturday I pulled a muscle in my chest/shoulder area from working out, and forgot about it. 2 days later it started to hurt more and I immediately thought I had it. I don't suffer from anxiety but it's been a real trying couple of weeks wondering if every cough or sniffle was the start of something.

Oh I suffer from anxiety, and every challenging breath while sleeping one night was definitely Covid in my mind.

Oh I suffer from anxiety, and every challenging breath while sleeping one night was definitely Covid in my mind.

I don't think I truly understood anxiety until now. I've dealt with some real shit the last 5 years and normally handled it as cool as possible, but this thing really got me, and I had that same tightening of the lungs and realized that I was anxious beyond belief.

Welp. Approaching the final days of my quarantine and no symptoms for either me or my son. His mom is recovered too after having a couple hospital scares, so my anxiety is getting better and better.

great to hear :up: hope your shoulder heals up soon too.

I don't think I truly understood anxiety until now. I've dealt with some real shit the last 5 years and normally handled it as cool as possible, but this thing really got me, and I had that same tightening of the lungs and realized that I was anxious beyond belief.

I only really experienced the full physical aspect of anxiety maybe once prior to england, but I certainly will never forget laying in that bed afraid that if I fall asleep I’ll stop breathing... and as you actually fall asleep you get neurological reaction where your body takes that thought literally right as you fall asleep and wham, jolt to the heart. I went from transitioning into sleep to standing on my two feet with my heart racing at over 180 bmp in an instant. You think you’re having a heart attack. Beefed up anxiety like that is noooo joke.

Have any of you heard this idea of issuing permits/IDs for people deemed to have immunity, and then allowing that subgroup back into public? Interesting idea health-wise, but it also seems like that would be discrimination based on health status, which is a protected class if I'm not mistaken.

Great to hear you and Leo are doing well.

Have any of you heard this idea of issuing permits/IDs for people deemed to have immunity, and then allowing that subgroup back into public? Interesting idea health-wise, but it also seems like that would be discrimination based on health status, which is a protected class if I'm not mistaken.

The same can be said for sheltering elder people in place though, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom