Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I learned that Candace Owens shops at the same Whole Foods as I do, and that she's a dumb fuck who didn't want to wear a mask inside.

Please let me know if you'd like me to wave at her from inside the store next time, gzus

Ooooh. Good famous-for-DC sighting. Along those lines, I once saw Megan McArdle at Union Market.

Candice Owens is a COVID truther. Her Twitter is bonkers.

So Trump is cutting funding to WHO for covering up Covid...I am starting to think that Trump is trying to single-handedly end western civilisation.

So Trump is cutting funding to WHO for covering up Covid...I am starting to think that Trump is trying to single-handedly end western civilisation.

The classic 'look over there!' move.

He's saying he will encourage some states to open before May 1st. At least he admitted that the governors have the authority to make the decision.

The I need beer lady needs to chug every time Trump says tremendous in these briefings.

Ooooh. Good famous-for-DC sighting. Along those lines, I once saw Megan McArdle at Union Market.

Candice Owens is a COVID truther. Her Twitter is bonkers.
Whole Foods is the go to for random famous for DC sightings... I've also spotted AOC at the hot bar, Manu Raju checking out and Scott Brooks carefully inspecting cantaloupe (I'm counting him cause it wasn't at work).

Today I learned that Candace Owens shops at the same Whole Foods as I do, and that she's a dumb fuck who didn't want to wear a mask inside.

Please let me know if you'd like me to wave at her from inside the store next time, gzus

Gee, a way with words as always.

Maybe you could teach her how to do as she’s told, get in line, and “if everyone else is wearing a mask , put on a mask”!

Maybe you’ll get your chance if she runs against AOC.

Libs gonna keep on libbing.

Maybe you could teach her how to do as she’s told, get in line, and “if everyone else is wearing a mask , put on a mask”!

10virus-us-briefing-hartisland-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

It’s the same as the flu, man.

Reading comprehension skills, man.

Right cause just because she could possibly have the virus and be asymptomatic, wouldn't want her to take a simple precaution that would possibly prevent her from passing it on to someone more vulnerable. She's far too important for that.

i'm now praying for this to happen and they both get on a debate stage because AOC wouldn't even have to break a sweat to expose owens as the sophist grifter she really is [emoji23]

Last edited:
I grabbed a shopping cart for Bill Walton at Whole Foods. The man looks to be in pain every step he takes.

That’s my celebrity Whole Foods experience

Didn't we already shut down all your nonsense a while back? Why are you still even trying?

I didn't even know who Candice Owens was before seeing her on Laura Ingraham last night. At this point things can't get any worse so why not? Yes I actually watched about 5 minutes of that show. Isolation can make you do some strange things.

So now I know who she is.

MLB players, employees to participate in largest coronavirus antibody study in U.S.

According to reports from ESPN and the Athletic, up to 10,000 volunteers from 27 of the 30 major league teams could partake in the study.

By Michael Errigo, The Washington Post
April 14, 2020

Thousands of volunteers across Major League Baseball will take part in the largest coronavirus antibody study done in the United States so far.

According to reports from ESPN and the Athletic, up to 10,000 volunteers from 27 of the 30 major league teams could partake in the study. MLB plans to provide participants from a wide variety of demographics and backgrounds, including players, front-office staff and part-time stadium employees.

The study will be run by Stanford University, the University of Southern California and the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory. The antibody tests are not similar to sought-after PCR tests used to detect active infections. Instead, the kits will aim to determine the presence or absence of certain blood proteins that could show whether a person has carried the virus at any point, even if they have never shown symptoms. The results could help researchers determine the spread and strength of the pandemic.

“These tests are absolutely not getting redirected from any kind of front-line testing programs,” Daniel Eichner, president of SMRTL, told ESPN.

The test kits will analyze blood from a finger prick and should offer quick results. They will look for the presence of IgM and IgG, antibodies produced during a coronavirus infection. According to a copy of the study protocol obtained by ESPN, there also will be a survey that asks for additional information, such as ethnicity, age, Zip code, recent ailments and preexisting conditions.

Researchers expect to gather the results of the tests, some of which have already been taken, later this week.

MLB is not funding the study, but researchers said it was the right candidate for a project of this magnitude because it could efficiently provide a wide range of volunteers. The study will have no impact on the timetable of baseball’s return.

“MLB did not partner with us for any selfish reason to get their sport back sooner,” Eichner said. “They jumped in for public health policy. That was their intention and their only intention".

Aaaaaand paper stimulus check distribution potentially slowed down because Donald Trump has to be the first President in history to have his name put on a federal government issued check.
Unfuckingreal.

Aaaaaand paper stimulus check distribution potentially slowed down because Donald Trump has to be the first President in history to have his name put on a federal government issued check.
Unfuckingreal.

Oh my God. Direct result of electing a psychopathic/sociopathic narcissist. Can't he just scribble out something fast in crayon? That's his proper level.

https://amp.freep.com/amp/2955430001

I hope no one gets sick, but if anyone does ,
I would recommend discussing this with your doctor.

Or not.

An antimalarial drug touted as a potential treatment for coronavirus might have no benefit to patients at all, according to a new study by French scientists.

Researchers compared more than 180 patients – some receiving hydroxychloroquine treatment and others who were not treated with the drug – and found their outcomes were almost identical.

The research by doctors and scientists from 12 hospitals and public research institutes across France, is the most comprehensive study so far of the performance of the controversial drug in hospitals and involves the most Covid-19 patients.

“These results do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalised for documented Sars-CoV-2-positive hypoxic pneumonia,” the authors said in a non-peer reviewed paper released by medRxiv.org on Tuesday.

The doctors’ other concern was side effects. The hydroxychloroquine, although safer than chloroquine, could still cause a wide range of negative effects, including sudden cardiac death.

The French study found nearly 10 per cent of patients taking the drug experienced abnormal heartbeats that required discontinuation of the treatment after about four days. In most of these cases, the heart muscle took longer than normal to recharge between beats.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...tment-hailed-trump-has-no-benefit-coronavirus

I can’t find a link to the actual study in that SCMP article.

My skepticism rests in that the initial anecdotal claim was that this treatment lessened the duration of coronavirus... the study sounds as though it focused on ICU admission and mortality rates. While you can obviously reste the two, the study should focus on the initial claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom