Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is horrible. And his girlfriend is pregnant, and doesn't she have the virus too?

Tragic consequences for someone who apparently didnt believe in science.

His gf is recovering and seems to be doing fine.

I responded to BEAL's summary of what the MAGA crowd is saying (i.e. this is a deep state hoax, conspiring to drive up number of deaths which could all be cured with HQ in order to damage the President) and you quoted me and said you didn't think that was it, then went on to explain what you think Trump is doing. Which is fine, but it's not actually related to what I was commenting on.

My point was that if this is the theory these idiots hold, then how do they explain all the other deaths all over the world? Is the entire global community out to get Trump?

Sorry I meant to quote the post saying that he’s looking to profit off of the trial drug.

Speaking of checking one’s own bias....

“The tests in the hospital, they’re too short a period of time to get a scientific report,” Cuomo said. “Hospital administrators, doctors want to have a significant data set before they give a formal opinion. Anecdotally, you’ll get suggestions that it has been effective. But we don’t have any official data yet from a hospital or a quote-unquote study, which will take weeks if not months.”

Is that not basically verbatim what Fauci has been saying??

There is a monumental gap in people's understanding of the scientific process and specifically how you show a drug works.

You need to collect data on 1000s of patients and develop the safety profile of it in that setting before you start talking about its effectiveness. There is no doubt that many of the patients who have co-morbidities who also have Covid would likely not tolerate hydroxychloroquine that well, as a high percentage of those patients will have something cardiac as well.

Also as a side note those patients who actually get better in ICU and get discharged there is a sad statistic that there is a roughly 10% mortality within a year post ICU admission. In that 10% of people admitted to an ICU are dead within the year even when they are discharged.

Washington Post is reporting that Trump met Friday at the WH with Laura Ingraham and two doctors she has on her show. To talk about Hydroxychloroquine. They say Trump actually summoned the head of the FDA to this meeting. They also reported that Giuliani is heavily involved in pushing this drug to Trump. What a surprise!

You just cannot make this crap up. If that story isn't true well someone has quite the imagination.

Last edited:
my late august wedding was postponed by a year because i'm fully aware that this is not going to be over to the point at any time this year where i feel comfortable having my grandparents and older relatives attending an event with dozens of people around.

Congratulations! I also got married in August, lovely time of year.

You will also have saved yourself a lot of stress and sleepless nights. I can't imagine planning a wedding like your sister is doing - how much fun will you have if you don't know until last minute if it will even happen and if who knows how many of your guests decide to stay home.

We had to cancel our March break trip (children were weeping), and we are cancelling our almost 3-week-long trip to Europe at the end of June/beginning of July. We had rented a beautiful house, my parents were going to join us for a week and this had been in the works for a while. But reality is what it is and so we will all move our flights a year back and hopefully by summer 2021 things are a little or a lot different.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the great responses from a couple of weeks ago regarding my aunt! Sorry I haven’t replied, I’ve been working 6 days a week and of those days, been doing longer days because so many in my department were either sick (luckily not from
COVID19) or were forced to quarantine. So us who were healthy had to make up the lost time. Anyway great news about my aunt, she woke up about 4 days ago and today she is officially out of ICU! She will remain in the hospital for sometime but the worst of it is over for her! There were times were we thought we would lose her! She really is a fighter and is expected to recover fully! :) Edit: and my uncle has now fully recovered and is at home!

Last edited:
Hey guys! Thanks for all the great responses from a couple of weeks ago regarding my aunt! Sorry I haven’t replied, I’ve been working 6 days a week and of those days, been doing longer days because so many in my department were either sick (luckily not from
COVID19) or were forced to quarantine. So us who were healthy had to make up the lost time. Anyway great news about my aunt, she woke up about 4 days ago and today she is officially out of ICU! She will remain in the hospital for sometime but the worst of it is over for her! There were times were we thought we would lose her! She really is a fighter and is expected to recover fully! :) Edit: and my uncle has now fully recovered and is at home!

:up: Terrific news, thank you for the update.

Yaaaay! Wonderful news about your aunt and uncle! :happy:

Make sure when you're home, eat well, get exercise, etc to rebalance the extra work you have to do. Stay safe!

Congratulations!

thanks! and yeah it is already a huge weight off our shoulders not having the question looming over us anymore of whether it was happening this year or next year.

great to hear, hope she is fully back to health soon as well. :up:

Echoing the congrats to you, Dave :)!

This is fantastic news as well :up:. Very glad to hear that. Hope she'll be able to just kick back and properly relax and enjoy herself now.

That's great news!

https://twitter.com/jesselehrich/status/1247351159083405313?s=21

Why aren’t the democrats screaming about this every day ? Along with the complete disaster that his response has been? So far it seems like Biden is the only one who’s said anything

It still might be that he heard it on Fox and wants to be seen as savior (Fox people may have greater financial interest)

Last edited:
https://www.axios.com/exclusive-nav...ary-da3f08fb-dce1-4f69-89b5-ea048f8382a9.html

Trump knew and he did nothing. I suppose the argument could be made he doesn’t know how to read so these memos are worthless.

Does seem a little odd in timing of this release. Over weekend Navarro is reported to blow up at Fauci, and now he’s made to look like an Oracle.

It still reeks of financial gain for everyone in the White House.

Trump is on record (years ago) saying he feels a crash and chaos is the best way for the country to get back to being great (note: he was laughing while saying it, Trump doesn’t laugh so it could have been said in jest)

And everything Trump and WH has done since January 2017 fits in with Steve Bannons ideals. To destroy the State. Every aspect. Doesn’t matter R or D

Trump is the end result of most of the economic policy development for the last 40 years, just finally out in the open. They've always been about defunding programs to make them appear useless or actively harmful, and they've always been about personally enriching themselves.

my late august wedding was postponed by a year because i'm fully aware that this is not going to be over to the point at any time this year where i feel comfortable having my grandparents and older relatives attending an event with dozens of people around.

my sister is utterly convinced that everything will be 100% back to normal by mid-may and absolutely refuses to even consider delaying her july wedding even by a month or two. we've been trying to convince her that her parents and grandparents won't be able to come without risking getting sick, but she won't hear anything that suggests that her big day won't go off exactly as planned. she thinks i'm a total idiot for delaying my wedding which was scheduled six weeks after hers and according to my mom it's making my sister wonder whether or not we actually want to get married. yeah totally it's that we're getting cold feet and using the virus as an excuse, not the fact that my fiancee literally cannot shop for a wedding dress right now, and all the staff at the venue are laid off indefinitely. :rolleyes:

she's a really smart, grounded person too, so it's frustrating that she's acting this way, though i understand that it's a much bigger deal for her than it is for me. i'm sure she'll come to accept reality sooner or later. next summer is going to be one hell of a busy wedding season.

Don’t be too hard on her; people deal with this differently that’s probably her coping mechanism

His anybody thought about making essential workers tax exempt. When we deploy soldiers to combat they are exempt from federal tax up to 100,000; These guys are risking there lives as well.

Thank you all so much!! Your kind words mean a lot and I am sure they also mean a lot to my aunt and uncle! It’s certainly have been trying times on many fronts. And I am also happy that I’ll finaly be getting a 3 day long weekend away from work! I’m happy to be working especially to being able to contribute to a service that is very necessary but I’m really looking forward to being able to take both a mental and physical break from it all soon! Thank you all again for the very kind words! You guys are AWESOME!

I couldn’t believe my eyes when a trump supporter in a comments section said that the “fake” impeachment of trump was worse than the 11k Americans that died. That was his response to someone who was saying trump needs to own up to the current mess. That’s by far the worst comment I have seen from a trump supporter! To actually think that the impeachment was worse than 11k people dying is beyond comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom