Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump not allowing Dr. Fauci to answer the question about that drug should tell every human being with an ounce of brain power everything they need to know.

At this point perhaps reporters should start digging to find out if the Trump family has any financial involvement with the company that manufactures Hyd chl (not typing that out). It's completely irresponsible, this drug has serious potential side effects. Let alone it isn't scientifically proven to be effective for Covid 19.

He said he's not a doctor but he won't even let a doctor speak about it. What a complete failure he is.

They really want a “win” and they’re pushing this drug as it. They’re profiting off of it, but if it were to be proven (so far no real evidence) they know it would probably win them the election. TRUMP SAVES BILLIONS OF LIVES WITH HIS GENIUS!!!

If it doesn’t work, hey at least someone got richer!!

According to MAGA world, this malaria drug IS the cure. 100% success rate.

Fauci is deep state. CNN, MSNBC won’t report the truth because they want to damage the President.

OPEN THE ECONOMY!!!!

So are the Italians, Spaniards, Chinese, English, and the rest of the world also killing their citizens to damage Trump?

So are the Italians, Spaniards, Chinese, English, and the rest of the world also killing their citizens to damage Trump?

I don’t think that’s it.

Trump is challenging “liberal elite” scientific methods because the “anecdotal” evidence Fauci doesn’t like is in fact promising at the stage it’s at, but Fauci sees it for what it is... step 1 of step 282827 in a process for expediting a mass scale treatment.

Trump knows that he can promise this treatment as the real deal because if he’s wrong he can get away with fucking anything, but if he’s right, he’s getting re-elected. The only way he loses this is if it grotesquely misfires and kills people - which by all accounts doesn’t seem very likely.

Last edited:
Boris Johnson has just been admitted to hospital as his symptoms are still persisting 10 days after his diagnosis.

Boris Johnson getting hospitalised for CV19 after shaking hands with infected patients and seriously entertaining going the herd immunity route is such a Boris Johnson thing to happen.

I don’t think that’s it.

Trump is challenging “liberal elite” scientific methods because the “anecdotal” evidence Fauci doesn’t like is in fact promising at the stage it’s at, but Fauci sees it for what it is... step 1 of step 282827 in a process for expediting a mass scale treatment.

Trump knows that he can promise this treatment as the real deal because if he’s wrong he can get away with fucking anything, but if he’s right, he’s getting re-elected. The only way he loses this is if it grotesquely misfires and kills people - which by all accounts doesn’t seem very likely.

But what does that have to do with the theories of his supporters?

Maybe I missed something. What do you mean?

I responded to BEAL's summary of what the MAGA crowd is saying (i.e. this is a deep state hoax, conspiring to drive up number of deaths which could all be cured with HQ in order to damage the President) and you quoted me and said you didn't think that was it, then went on to explain what you think Trump is doing. Which is fine, but it's not actually related to what I was commenting on.

My point was that if this is the theory these idiots hold, then how do they explain all the other deaths all over the world? Is the entire global community out to get Trump?

They don't explain it. They are incapable of logical thought and processing anymore.

The closest I've seen/read is that it's a bioweapon by the Chinese which of course was used to take over the world, and harm Trump.

Looks like good numbers coming out of NYC, but will have to still get a few more days to see if they've flattened the curve and making good progress.

Death toll will always lag behind, and reading that a lot of deaths aren't even being flagged as Covid19. So whatever the toll becomes it'll be much lower because we aren't getting good data

I’m really interested go see what happens in China over the next week or two. They’re open again but still some risks. If they go through a 2nd wave that’ll give us an idea of what we might deal with if we open up too early.

It's foolish of us to donate to the stockpile instead of to the states directly, but this is very encouraging.

[tweet]1247184290284093441[/tweet]

Death toll will always lag behind, and reading that a lot of deaths aren't even being flagged as Covid19. So whatever the toll becomes it'll be much lower because we aren't getting good data

There are studies in Italy and Spain that have shown massive spikes in deaths at the city/county level (year-over-year), even when accounting for the COVID-19 deaths, suggesting that many who had co-morbidities died and were assumed to have died of another cause and never tested. Once your healthcare is at the brink of collapse it makes sense that this would be the case.

Definitely encouraging signs in a number of the states and in Canada generally as well. Insofar as flattening the curve goes. My impression though is that many in the public think that when/if the curve is flattened, that's basically it, we go back to normal life. Except that won't happen for months, and really not fully until a vaccine is available. That will be a difficult thing to accept, mentally and emotionally.

There are studies in Italy and Spain that have shown massive spikes in deaths at the city/county level (year-over-year), even when accounting for the COVID-19 deaths, suggesting that many who had co-morbidities died and were assumed to have died of another cause and never tested. Once your healthcare is at the brink of collapse it makes sense that this would be the case.

Definitely encouraging signs in a number of the states and in Canada generally as well. Insofar as flattening the curve goes. My impression though is that many in the public think that when/if the curve is flattened, that's basically it, we go back to normal life. Except that won't happen for months, and really not fully until a vaccine is available. That will be a difficult thing to accept, mentally and emotionally.

Correct. I’ve talked to a few people in my complex (from balcony or distance in the lobby - elevator area) that they believe once April is over we are in good shape to open things back up. This is more from southern cal (San Diego) Vs the entire country.

I don’t know how bad things are here in SD bedside testing has been a mess. Things seem OK, and maybe we do open sooner than other parts. We did act fast. But you’ll see such a mad rush of gatherings it’ll set us back.

Overall it’s crazy to think we can just go back to normal without a vaccine. If this virus does prove to be seasonal, then we look at a lull in what August ? Open back up only to shut right back down in September or October ???

Best case is that we have much better testing and tracking by this summer. We can roll open parts of the country that are showing low infections but shut things down if those go up.

I hope we can reach this phase but i fear the lack of leadership and knowledge from the Fed, and how impatient and selfish we are as a society will keep us locked indoors till vaccine. I also worry about how many in this country will handle the stress. Economic and personal.

Here’s more stupid

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1247222650365038592?s=21

Insofar as flattening the curve goes. My impression though is that many in the public think that when/if the curve is flattened, that's basically it, we go back to normal life. Except that won't happen for months, and really not fully until a vaccine is available. That will be a difficult thing to accept, mentally and emotionally.

my late august wedding was postponed by a year because i'm fully aware that this is not going to be over to the point at any time this year where i feel comfortable having my grandparents and older relatives attending an event with dozens of people around.

my sister is utterly convinced that everything will be 100% back to normal by mid-may and absolutely refuses to even consider delaying her july wedding even by a month or two. we've been trying to convince her that her parents and grandparents won't be able to come without risking getting sick, but she won't hear anything that suggests that her big day won't go off exactly as planned. she thinks i'm a total idiot for delaying my wedding which was scheduled six weeks after hers and according to my mom it's making my sister wonder whether or not we actually want to get married. yeah totally it's that we're getting cold feet and using the virus as an excuse, not the fact that my fiancee literally cannot shop for a wedding dress right now, and all the staff at the venue are laid off indefinitely. :rolleyes:

she's a really smart, grounded person too, so it's frustrating that she's acting this way, though i understand that it's a much bigger deal for her than it is for me. i'm sure she'll come to accept reality sooner or later. next summer is going to be one hell of a busy wedding season.

Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care, they say he hasn't been intubated yet but...why else move him there. I expect we will hear he has been sedated and tubed tomorrow morning. CPAP doesn't seem massively effective. The disease seems extremely weird in its course compared to flu patients who need venting.

That’s horrible news for Boris and his family. I don’t wish pain and suffering on anyone.

It shows that you cannot fake your way against nature. The truth always wins out in the end. Boris shaking hands with virus patients was idiotic and probably what put him in his current spot.

The good news from some of the states is very comforting to hear, indeed. I fully agree that things won't be back to normal anytime soon, even if and when we are able to resume regular daily routines, but it is nice to have some hope on the horizon.

I also wish Johnson and his family well.

I think sometime in June we'll see the west coast and some other earlier peaking states start to open up in a limited capacity. Remember that week or so when the bars, theaters and restaurants were seating people differently before the inevitable? We'll go back to that. But I can't make that assumption for every state. Some may not see peaks until deep into May or beyond.

No clue when large gatherings will be allowed again. Sporting events should honestly be crowd-free until we have a vaccine.

Also, wishing and praying for the best for Boris and his family.

here comes (probably) more Trump & Co CORUPTION

from fb via a friend
I've been waiting for this info: (Not verified, but easily confirmed)
Novartis is the same company Michael Cohen helped obtain access to Donald Trump.
Fact: Novartis created Hydroxychloroquine.
Fact: Michael Cohen took $1M in payments from Novartis in 2016.
Fact: Trump had a 1 on 1 meeting with Novartis CEO in January 2020
Fact: Giuliani bought $2M in Novartis stock in February 2020.

:angry::angry::angry: "surprise" :|

Washington is donating ventilators and there are many promising signs that California has begun to flatten to curve, most recently in San Diego county, so it follows that we would also receive good news from our neighbors in Oregon:

https://www.koin.com/news/health/coronavirus/is-oregon-flattening-the-curve-of-the-coronavirus/

It would be fantastic if the west coast could hit an early and mild peak so we could start using our sizable resources to help other states.
Yes. Much good luck to you West Coasters!
NYC has had it's second day of less deaths.

Just another typical NYC spring.
Praise Gzus.

Oh, just skipping through the park
Tra, la, la, la, la, laaaAAaaaaa..... :|:|:|

my late august wedding was postponed by a year because i'm fully aware that this is not going to be over to the point at any time this year where i feel comfortable having my grandparents and older relatives attending an event with dozens of people around.

my sister is utterly convinced that everything will be 100% back to normal by mid-may and absolutely refuses to even consider delaying her july wedding even by a month or two. we've been trying to convince her that her parents and grandparents won't be able to come without risking getting sick, but she won't hear anything that suggests that her big day won't go off exactly as planned. she thinks i'm a total idiot for delaying my wedding which was scheduled six weeks after hers and according to my mom it's making my sister wonder whether or not we actually want to get married. yeah totally it's that we're getting cold feet and using the virus as an excuse, not the fact that my fiancee literally cannot shop for a wedding dress right now, and all the staff at the venue are laid off indefinitely. :rolleyes:

she's a really smart, grounded person too, so it's frustrating that she's acting this way, though i understand that it's a much bigger deal for her than it is for me. i'm sure she'll come to accept reality sooner or later. next summer is going to be one hell of a busy wedding season.

Awww, you're getting married ❤️
You're being smart. Oh, dear about your sister! :(
Good Luck, in her changing her mind! :sigh:

I think sometime in June we'll see the west coast and some other earlier peaking states start to open up in a limited capacity. Remember that week or so when the bars, theaters and restaurants were seating people differently before the inevitable? We'll go back to that. But I can't make that assumption for every state. Some may not see peaks until deep into May or beyond.

No clue when large gatherings will be allowed again. Sporting events should honestly be crowd-free until we have a vaccine.

Also, wishing and praying for the best for Boris and his family.

:hmm: I think I'd feel better with maybe different seating. Here in NYC we should be doing what we are doing till early mid-june. Adjusted according to the situation at the time

Sports Events yes until a vaccine. I'd say concerts, festivals, too.

A good recovery for B Johnson.

Last edited:
Does anyone here have friends or family who are still having family gatherings or attending them? Planning Easter and other holiday gatherings? I'm talking about with people you don't already live with, obviously. Or neighbors having barbecues, people over?

I'm honestly disgusted, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, by all I have read online about people still doing these things. It's as if they think being blood related makes you immune. Or they're just conspiracy theory deniers.

Easter is going to be a major problem. The doctors need to emphasize that, if they have to wrestle Trump away from the podium. I think Fauci and Birx could take him?

That’s horrible news for Boris and his family. I don’t wish pain and suffering on anyone.

It shows that you cannot fake your way against nature. The truth always wins out in the end. Boris shaking hands with virus patients was idiotic and probably what put him in his current spot.

It is horrible. And his girlfriend is pregnant, and doesn't she have the virus too?

Tragic consequences for someone who apparently didnt believe in science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom