Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2020, 02:27 PM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:51 AM
Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
There are studies in Italy and Spain that have shown massive spikes in deaths at the city/county level (year-over-year), even when accounting for the COVID-19 deaths, suggesting that many who had co-morbidities died and were assumed to have died of another cause and never tested. Once your healthcare is at the brink of collapse it makes sense that this would be the case.

Definitely encouraging signs in a number of the states and in Canada generally as well. Insofar as flattening the curve goes. My impression though is that many in the public think that when/if the curve is flattened, that's basically it, we go back to normal life. Except that won't happen for months, and really not fully until a vaccine is available. That will be a difficult thing to accept, mentally and emotionally.

Correct. I’ve talked to a few people in my complex (from balcony or distance in the lobby - elevator area) that they believe once April is over we are in good shape to open things back up. This is more from southern cal (San Diego) Vs the entire country.

I don’t know how bad things are here in SD bedside testing has been a mess. Things seem OK, and maybe we do open sooner than other parts. We did act fast. But you’ll see such a mad rush of gatherings it’ll set us back.

Overall it’s crazy to think we can just go back to normal without a vaccine. If this virus does prove to be seasonal, then we look at a lull in what August ? Open back up only to shut right back down in September or October ???

Best case is that we have much better testing and tracking by this summer. We can roll open parts of the country that are showing low infections but shut things down if those go up.

I hope we can reach this phase but i fear the lack of leadership and knowledge from the Fed, and how impatient and selfish we are as a society will keep us locked indoors till vaccine. I also worry about how many in this country will handle the stress. Economic and personal.

Here’s more stupid

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...365038592?s=21

Old 04-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Insofar as flattening the curve goes. My impression though is that many in the public think that when/if the curve is flattened, that's basically it, we go back to normal life. Except that won't happen for months, and really not fully until a vaccine is available. That will be a difficult thing to accept, mentally and emotionally.
my late august wedding was postponed by a year because i'm fully aware that this is not going to be over to the point at any time this year where i feel comfortable having my grandparents and older relatives attending an event with dozens of people around.

my sister is utterly convinced that everything will be 100% back to normal by mid-may and absolutely refuses to even consider delaying her july wedding even by a month or two. we've been trying to convince her that her parents and grandparents won't be able to come without risking getting sick, but she won't hear anything that suggests that her big day won't go off exactly as planned. she thinks i'm a total idiot for delaying my wedding which was scheduled six weeks after hers and according to my mom it's making my sister wonder whether or not we actually want to get married. yeah totally it's that we're getting cold feet and using the virus as an excuse, not the fact that my fiancee literally cannot shop for a wedding dress right now, and all the staff at the venue are laid off indefinitely.

she's a really smart, grounded person too, so it's frustrating that she's acting this way, though i understand that it's a much bigger deal for her than it is for me. i'm sure she'll come to accept reality sooner or later. next summer is going to be one hell of a busy wedding season.

Old 04-06-2020, 03:28 PM   #143
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:51 AM
Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care, they say he hasn't been intubated yet but...why else move him there. I expect we will hear he has been sedated and tubed tomorrow morning. CPAP doesn't seem massively effective. The disease seems extremely weird in its course compared to flu patients who need venting.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:56 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

That’s horrible news for Boris and his family. I don’t wish pain and suffering on anyone.

It shows that you cannot fake your way against nature. The truth always wins out in the end. Boris shaking hands with virus patients was idiotic and probably what put him in his current spot.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:51 PM
The good news from some of the states is very comforting to hear, indeed. I fully agree that things won't be back to normal anytime soon, even if and when we are able to resume regular daily routines, but it is nice to have some hope on the horizon.

I also wish Johnson and his family well.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:06 PM   #146
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 06:51 PM
I think sometime in June we'll see the west coast and some other earlier peaking states start to open up in a limited capacity. Remember that week or so when the bars, theaters and restaurants were seating people differently before the inevitable? We'll go back to that. But I can't make that assumption for every state. Some may not see peaks until deep into May or beyond.

No clue when large gatherings will be allowed again. Sporting events should honestly be crowd-free until we have a vaccine.

Also, wishing and praying for the best for Boris and his family.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #147
Blue Crack Supplier

here comes (probably) more Trump & Co CORUPTION

from fb via a friend
Quote:
I've been waiting for this info: (Not verified, but easily confirmed)
Novartis is the same company Michael Cohen helped obtain access to Donald Trump.
Fact: Novartis created Hydroxychloroquine.
Fact: Michael Cohen took $1M in payments from Novartis in 2016.
Fact: Trump had a 1 on 1 meeting with Novartis CEO in January 2020
Fact: Giuliani bought $2M in Novartis stock in February 2020.
"surprise"
Old 04-06-2020, 06:11 PM   #148
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Washington is donating ventilators and there are many promising signs that California has begun to flatten to curve, most recently in San Diego county, so it follows that we would also receive good news from our neighbors in Oregon:

https://www.koin.com/news/health/cor...e-coronavirus/

It would be fantastic if the west coast could hit an early and mild peak so we could start using our sizable resources to help other states.
Yes. Much good luck to you West Coasters!
NYC has had it's second day of less deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Just another typical NYC spring.
Praise Gzus.
Oh, just skipping through the park
Tra, la, la, la, la, laaaAAaaaaa.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
my late august wedding was postponed by a year because i'm fully aware that this is not going to be over to the point at any time this year where i feel comfortable having my grandparents and older relatives attending an event with dozens of people around.

my sister is utterly convinced that everything will be 100% back to normal by mid-may and absolutely refuses to even consider delaying her july wedding even by a month or two. we've been trying to convince her that her parents and grandparents won't be able to come without risking getting sick, but she won't hear anything that suggests that her big day won't go off exactly as planned. she thinks i'm a total idiot for delaying my wedding which was scheduled six weeks after hers and according to my mom it's making my sister wonder whether or not we actually want to get married. yeah totally it's that we're getting cold feet and using the virus as an excuse, not the fact that my fiancee literally cannot shop for a wedding dress right now, and all the staff at the venue are laid off indefinitely.

she's a really smart, grounded person too, so it's frustrating that she's acting this way, though i understand that it's a much bigger deal for her than it is for me. i'm sure she'll come to accept reality sooner or later. next summer is going to be one hell of a busy wedding season.

Awww, you're getting married ❤️
You're being smart. Oh, dear about your sister!
Good Luck, in her changing her mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I think sometime in June we'll see the west coast and some other earlier peaking states start to open up in a limited capacity. Remember that week or so when the bars, theaters and restaurants were seating people differently before the inevitable? We'll go back to that. But I can't make that assumption for every state. Some may not see peaks until deep into May or beyond.

No clue when large gatherings will be allowed again. Sporting events should honestly be crowd-free until we have a vaccine.

Also, wishing and praying for the best for Boris and his family.
I think I'd feel better with maybe different seating. Here in NYC we should be doing what we are doing till early mid-june. Adjusted according to the situation at the time

Sports Events yes until a vaccine. I'd say concerts, festivals, too.

A good recovery for B Johnson.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:51 PM
Does anyone here have friends or family who are still having family gatherings or attending them? Planning Easter and other holiday gatherings? I'm talking about with people you don't already live with, obviously. Or neighbors having barbecues, people over?

I'm honestly disgusted, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, by all I have read online about people still doing these things. It's as if they think being blood related makes you immune. Or they're just conspiracy theory deniers.

Easter is going to be a major problem. The doctors need to emphasize that, if they have to wrestle Trump away from the podium. I think Fauci and Birx could take him😁
Old 04-06-2020, 06:36 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
That’s horrible news for Boris and his family. I don’t wish pain and suffering on anyone.

It shows that you cannot fake your way against nature. The truth always wins out in the end. Boris shaking hands with virus patients was idiotic and probably what put him in his current spot.
It is horrible. And his girlfriend is pregnant, and doesn't she have the virus too?

Tragic consequences for someone who apparently didnt believe in science.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:38 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
I'm not from New York, so I assume just your ordinary flu season considerations?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/n...ronavirus.html
I read that Governor Cuomo said today that isn't true. It horrified me beyond words, I hope it never happens.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #152
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
It is horrible. And his girlfriend is pregnant, and doesn't she have the virus too?

Tragic consequences for someone who apparently didnt believe in science.
His gf is recovering and seems to be doing fine.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I responded to BEAL's summary of what the MAGA crowd is saying (i.e. this is a deep state hoax, conspiring to drive up number of deaths which could all be cured with HQ in order to damage the President) and you quoted me and said you didn't think that was it, then went on to explain what you think Trump is doing. Which is fine, but it's not actually related to what I was commenting on.

My point was that if this is the theory these idiots hold, then how do they explain all the other deaths all over the world? Is the entire global community out to get Trump?

Sorry I meant to quote the post saying that he’s looking to profit off of the trial drug.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

cuomo-use-of-antimalarial-drug-in-new-york-hospitals

Is Cuomo colluding with Trump?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:55 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

Speaking of checking one’s own bias....

Quote:
“The tests in the hospital, they’re too short a period of time to get a scientific report,” Cuomo said. “Hospital administrators, doctors want to have a significant data set before they give a formal opinion. Anecdotally, you’ll get suggestions that it has been effective. But we don’t have any official data yet from a hospital or a quote-unquote study, which will take weeks if not months.”
Is that not basically verbatim what Fauci has been saying??
Old 04-06-2020, 08:33 PM   #156
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There is a monumental gap in people's understanding of the scientific process and specifically how you show a drug works.

You need to collect data on 1000s of patients and develop the safety profile of it in that setting before you start talking about its effectiveness. There is no doubt that many of the patients who have co-morbidities who also have Covid would likely not tolerate hydroxychloroquine that well, as a high percentage of those patients will have something cardiac as well.

Also as a side note those patients who actually get better in ICU and get discharged there is a sad statistic that there is a roughly 10% mortality within a year post ICU admission. In that 10% of people admitted to an ICU are dead within the year even when they are discharged.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Washington Post is reporting that Trump met Friday at the WH with Laura Ingraham and two doctors she has on her show. To talk about Hydroxychloroquine. They say Trump actually summoned the head of the FDA to this meeting. They also reported that Giuliani is heavily involved in pushing this drug to Trump. What a surprise!

You just cannot make this crap up. If that story isn't true well someone has quite the imagination.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Congratulations! I also got married in August, lovely time of year.

You will also have saved yourself a lot of stress and sleepless nights. I can't imagine planning a wedding like your sister is doing - how much fun will you have if you don't know until last minute if it will even happen and if who knows how many of your guests decide to stay home.

We had to cancel our March break trip (children were weeping), and we are cancelling our almost 3-week-long trip to Europe at the end of June/beginning of July. We had rented a beautiful house, my parents were going to join us for a week and this had been in the works for a while. But reality is what it is and so we will all move our flights a year back and hopefully by summer 2021 things are a little or a lot different.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:16 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Hey guys! Thanks for all the great responses from a couple of weeks ago regarding my aunt! Sorry I haven’t replied, I’ve been working 6 days a week and of those days, been doing longer days because so many in my department were either sick (luckily not from
COVID19) or were forced to quarantine. So us who were healthy had to make up the lost time. Anyway great news about my aunt, she woke up about 4 days ago and today she is officially out of ICU! She will remain in the hospital for sometime but the worst of it is over for her! There were times were we thought we would lose her! She really is a fighter and is expected to recover fully! Edit: and my uncle has now fully recovered and is at home!
Old 04-06-2020, 09:32 PM   #160
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Hey guys! Thanks for all the great responses from a couple of weeks ago regarding my aunt! Sorry I haven’t replied, I’ve been working 6 days a week and of those days, been doing longer days because so many in my department were either sick (luckily not from
COVID19) or were forced to quarantine. So us who were healthy had to make up the lost time. Anyway great news about my aunt, she woke up about 4 days ago and today she is officially out of ICU! She will remain in the hospital for sometime but the worst of it is over for her! There were times were we thought we would lose her! She really is a fighter and is expected to recover fully! Edit: and my uncle has now fully recovered and is at home!
Terrific news, thank you for the update.