Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2020, 05:36 PM   #661
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
And where is Gzusfrk? I want him to comment on the fact that he laughed when people said that 10’s of thousands would die in the USA! Now we are 50K + deaths and at this rate it will not be 10’s of thousands, it will be 100’s of thousands. When will cowards like GZus come here and admit that they were WRONG???
You’re two weeks behind, I already did.

Can’t even gloat and troll properly

Old 04-25-2020, 05:37 PM   #662
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
He’s currently got a Lysol IV going at the tanning salon (essential business according to Ron DeSantis).
Why are you so obsessed with me?

Old 04-25-2020, 05:43 PM   #663
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post

Dude, you’re obsessed with me. If you haven’t noticed, that was a chain posting about you, because the whole FYM subforum is obsessed with you. Obsessed with the notion that someone could be such an unlikable caricature, as smug and ironically unintelligent as you are, with a mean spirit, which deserves an equally mean spirited response like the one you’re getting right now. You’re a not a good person.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #664
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
You’re two weeks behind, I already did.

Can’t even gloat and troll properly
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Dude, you’re obsessed with me. If you haven’t noticed, that was a chain posting about you, because the whole FYM subforum is obsessed with you. Obsessed with the notion that someone could be such an unlikable caricature, as smug and ironically unintelligent as you are, with a mean spirit, which deserves an equally mean spirited response like the one you’re getting right now. You’re a not a good person.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #665
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
That is true! I guess wishing for people like gzus to admit they are wrong is like wishing you have the winning lotto numbers. Never going to happen.
Referring to me as “that one” does make you the smartest person in the room, right?

Many of you don’t read very well or are so immersed in “group think” that you never notice , but I’ll say it for probably the tenth time,.

I think Donald Trump is a narcissistic, disgusting buffoon. I didn’t vote for him, nor will I again. I think his comments on “disinfectant injections” were stupid, and he should just shut up and let the experts talk. Are the libs blowing it up WAY more than it was, of course they are. Both points aren’t mutually exclusive.

On the flip side, Joe Biden is also a disgusting human being, with multiple pictures and videos of him inappropriately fondling and sniffing children, let alone grown women. He’s completely unhinged, and the fact that he’s the Democratic nominee is hilarious to me, but also seems like elder abuse.

I agree with many of, but not all, of the policy decisions that Donald Trump has made. His Supreme Court choices are stellar originalists as well, and if you notice , have sided with the “liberal four” justices on occasion. Why? Because they think for themselves and go by what the Constitution says, which is what a judge should do..

So I will be voting third party conservative again , because I believe in character and principles. And if a grass roots, true conservative movement away from both the Republican and Democratic parties takes a while, so be it.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:51 PM   #666
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Referring to me as “that one” does make you the smartest person in the room, right?

Many of you don’t read very well or are so immersed in “group think” that you never notice , but I’ll say it for probably the tenth time,.

I think Donald Trump is a narcissistic, disgusting buffoon. I didn’t vote for him, nor will I again. I think his comments on “disinfectant injections” were stupid, and he should just shut up and let the experts talk. Are the libs blowing it up WAY more than it was, of course they are. Both points aren’t mutually exclusive.

On the flip side, Joe Biden is also a disgusting human being, with multiple pictures and videos of him inappropriately fondling and sniffing children, let alone grown women. He’s completely unhinged, and the fact that he’s the Democratic nominee is hilarious to me, but also seems like elder abuse.

I agree with many of, but not all, of the policy decisions that Donald Trump has made. His Supreme Court choices are stellar originalists as well, and if you notice , have sided with the “liberal four” justices on occasion. Why? Because they think for themselves and go by what the Constitution says, which is what a judge should do..

So I will be voting third party conservative again , because I believe in character and principles. And if a grass roots, true conservative movement away from both the Republican and Democratic parties takes a while, so be it.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #667
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
these are all just the thousands of normal annual pneumonia deaths happening but they're being fraudulently claimed as covid.

You think that maybe somebody should look into this rampant pneumonia? I mean it might be something novel...oh wait.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:13 PM   #668
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:

You are literally the first person I’ve ever heard, liberal or conservative, refer to Joe Biden as “unhinged.”
Old 04-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #669
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
nor will I again. .
Things that make you hmmm.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #670
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I didn’t vote for him, nor will I again.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #671
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:26 PM
To be fair there are a lot of people with similar vantage points to that poster who vote libertarian, not republican.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:29 PM   #672
Blue Crack Supplier

Libertarianism is astrology for white men.

But I digress.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #673
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/dwallacewells/st...186740225?s=21

Fascinating thread. Also a bit terrifying on how we still don’t quite know what this virus is.

Pneumonia
Blood clotting
Kidney failure
Strokes

Appears to attack the immune system more than the lungs.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #674
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 09:26 PM
What's important to note is that these symptoms are not spread out evenly, they're clustered together tightly in a relatively small percentage of all outcomes. It's not like 15% of those with COVID-19 experience kidney problems, 15% have strokes, 15% get pneumonia, 15% get the sniffles, etc.

It's more like 2% experience kidney problems, <1% have strokes, 10% get pneumonia, 30-40% feel nothing at all (maybe with loss of smell? Allergy-like symptoms?), and the rest (45-50%) solely experience mild respiratory problems not dissimilar from the flu before recovering. This certainly suggests a tipping point in the immune response in critical cases.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:03 PM   #675
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:26 AM
To be honest it is not that unusual for critically ill patients to start to require other organ support. Our organs are part of interconnected systems. The lungs not working as well, ends up putting more pressure on the heart, the heart then starts to struggle with increased demand to get what little oxygenated blood round the body, which then impacts the kidneys, and if the kidneys are not perfused as well then they will require support to filter your blood. It is a vicious cycle.

The strokes don't seem majorly surprising either. In that your lungs are a wonderfully well vascularised organ, lots of blood vessels, they get inflamed and damaged as part of the viral infection more likely to throw off a clot which then travels to brain and therefore your stroke.

It is hard to compare the likelihood of these events with other respiratory illnesses though since we never have this many people ill with one at once. It is also true that the protein the virus attaches itself to to infect your cells is present on nearly every major organ. There was a running theory that your genetics could play a part as in whether you have more of the protein than others and therefore more likely to infected, but that's impossible to prove at this stage of things.

My guess is that the people dying at home were more ill than they were letting on. There has certainly been a case of at least in the UK of people being afraid to go to the hospital and delaying going and they are turning up sicker than what people did on the onset of all this.

There are certainly some odd things going on though, like i've seen a guy with 60% oxygen saturations but to look at him you wouldn't actually think he was that critically unwell, no cyanosis or discolouration no shortness of breath, but by all measurements they are really unwell.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:13 PM   #676
More 5G Than Man

So what you're saying is...I should obsessively check my oxygen saturation levels at home even if I'm feeling fine?
Old 04-26-2020, 11:18 PM   #677
Acrobat

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but the different strains and different viral loads sound like bad news for vaccine developments?

Fascinating if terrifying thread/article, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:44 AM   #678
More 5G Than Man

I know, I know, it was a Sunday and underreporting is to be expected, but the following countries posted their lowest death counts in many weeks:

US (March 31)
France (March 12)
Spain (March 21)
Italy (March 14)
Germany (March 28)
UK (March 31)
Iran (March 10)

Yeah, it's going to be low because it's a Sunday, but there have been a bunch of Sundays since these previous lows. And plenty of countries did not have a good day: Russia, Brazil, India and Mexico all continued to experience a surge.

Collectively, this Sunday was the least deadly day of the pandemic since March 28th. Daily growth rate in newly reported deaths dropped to 2% for the first time since March 2nd. I would expect a rather large spike tomorrow because of underreporting, but who knows? Taking the whole week into account, this past week saw fewer deaths than the previous two.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:11 AM   #679
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
So what you're saying is...I should obsessively check my oxygen saturation levels at home even if I'm feeling fine?
No the patient I'm referring to had other obvious issues such as severe fatigue and fever which brought them into hospital.

Just pointing out an odd presentation in that they didn't look obviously out of breath or blue even though their lungs were not oxygenating their blood well enough. Its not like he could have gone say up a flight of stairs without being short of breath, but considering how low the oxygenation was they should have been short of breath just sat on bed.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:59 AM   #680
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I know, I know, it was a Sunday and underreporting is to be expected, but the following countries posted their lowest death counts in many weeks:

US (March 31)
France (March 12)
Spain (March 21)
Italy (March 14)
Germany (March 28)
UK (March 31)
Iran (March 10)

Yeah, it's going to be low because it's a Sunday, but there have been a bunch of Sundays since these previous lows. And plenty of countries did not have a good day: Russia, Brazil, India and Mexico all continued to experience a surge.

Collectively, this Sunday was the least deadly day of the pandemic since March 28th. Daily growth rate in newly reported deaths dropped to 2% for the first time since March 2nd. I would expect a rather large spike tomorrow because of underreporting, but who knows? Taking the whole week into account, this past week saw fewer deaths than the previous two.

For the US, seems like these numbers will go back up with states easing restrictions despite a inadequate infrastructure for testing and tracing.

Concern is parts of the country are about to ride another wave and be forced to lockdown again.