Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #461
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Jacksonville Beach in FL after reopening 5 PM today

Attachment 12461

These idiots will go to the beach and enjoy life while the rest of us stay home for heaven knows how many weeks or months longer.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #462
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Is it possible for a state to close its borders to travelers from other states? I wonder if eventually you will see a governor try that. I'm kind of hoping Pritzker does try it here in Illinois.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Is it possible for a state to close its borders to travelers from other states? I wonder if eventually you will see a governor try that. I'm kind of hoping Pritzker does try it here in Illinois.
nope, the supreme court ruled that americans have a constitutional right to move between states:

Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court also dealt with the right to travel in the case of Saenz v. Roe, 526 U.S. 489 (1999). In that case, Justice John Paul Stevens, writing for the majority, held that the United States Constitution protected three separate aspects of the right to travel among the states:

(1) the right to enter one state and leave another (an inherent right with historical support from the Articles of Confederation),

(2) the right to be treated as a welcome visitor rather than a hostile stranger (protected by the "Privileges and Immunities" clause in Article IV, § 2), and

(3) (for those who become permanent residents of a state) the right to be treated equally to native-born citizens (this is protected by the 14th Amendment's Privileges or Immunities Clause; citing the majority opinion in the Slaughter-House Cases, Justice Stevens said, "the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment . . . has always been common ground that this Clause protects the third component of the right to travel.").
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedo...ted_States_law
Old 04-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #464
The Fly

Quote:
I am loathe to agree with anything Trump says, but he is correct about potential lives being lost due to suicide, drug addiction, and more from this situation. I'm not saying that should be used as a justification to open things up again swiftly and haphazardly without proper protocols and precautions, just to make that clear.

But it is easy for people who are well off financially to say that things should be closed for a longer time. And it is easier for people who can work from home. But for others, no. And the stress is extreme.

As someone who already lived with mental health issues before all of this, I know what it's like. This situation has just made mine worse. And I am on medication and in therapy. I'm always open about that as my part of the effort to remove the stigma. These are health issues just like other health issues. And I hope that more people will be more empathetic and understanding now.
I agree- We are just starting to end the sigma against Mental health. I am very worried about those suffering from mental issues. Especially our Veteran population. We lose 22 a day to suicide. I fear this will hit them harder than most as they are not used to being basically locked down and helpless. Look I suffer from chronic PTSD, anxiety and depression. To be honest this isn't easy. Luckily I am salaried and well off enough to work form home, we are financially secure for now. But in general I keep myself secluded in my basement away from my wife and kids and just hang in my office or work out. My PTSD triggers around my perceived fear not to able to protect my wife and kids and those who depend on me due to losing soldiers in combat. So if my civilian company furloughed me, and I couldn't support them I would likely freak the f---- out. That's also why I seclude myself during the day. Hearing all the COVID crap on the news and knowing what I know; when I see my family and realize I cannot protect them it freaks me the F--- out. Sorry to rant
Old 04-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #465
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Glad to hear you and your family are doing well Mikal.

Also, Florida sucks
Old 04-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #466
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I’m getting the suspicion the opening of america again isn’t going to be a success.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #467
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I’m getting the suspicion the opening of america again isn’t going to be a success.

You think
Old 04-17-2020, 07:57 PM   #468
Refugee

Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
nope, the supreme court ruled that americans have a constitutional right to move between states:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedo...ted_States_law

Shame, here in Australia the Premiers have one by one shut borders to non residents. Our curve is flattening as testing is ramping up. Still in L3 lockdown for at least another month and restrictions likely to last in one form or another for the rest of the year. International travel is off the cards this year too.

Economy is fuuuucked but that's the trade off for keeping the death toll under 70 so far.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:51 PM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskin View Post
Shame, here in Australia the Premiers have one by one shut borders to non residents. Our curve is flattening as testing is ramping up. Still in L3 lockdown for at least another month and restrictions likely to last in one form or another for the rest of the year. International travel is off the cards this year too.

Economy is fuuuucked but that's the trade off for keeping the death toll under 70 so far.

My main concern is if the Libs choose to resort to austerity after a return of some sort of normalcy.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:38 PM   #470
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:47 PM
More antibody testing results in California:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/healt...udy/index.html

Quote:
Far more people may have been infected with Covid-19 than have been confirmed by health officials in Santa Clara County, California, according to a study released Friday in preprint.

The study used an antibody blood test to estimate how many people had been infected with Covid-19 in the past. Other tests, like those performed with nasal swabs or saliva, test for the virus' genetic material, which does not persist long after recovery, as antibodies do.

"We found that there are many, many unidentified cases of people having Covid infection that were never identified with it with a virus test," said Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine at Stanford University and*one of the paper's authors. "It's consistent with findings from around the world that this disease, this epidemic is further along than we thought."

The study estimated that 2.49% to 4.16% of people in Santa Clara Country had been infected with Covid-19 by April 1. This represents between 48,000 and 81,000 people, which is 50 to 85 times what county officials recorded by that date: 956 confirmed cases."
No big surprises here, we've been seeing results like these all over the place. Same caveat as always: study still in pre-print, it's not the broadest sample in the world, etc. But you get the picture. This virus has really gotten around and the IFR is waaaaaay lower than the CFR. That's a given. The only question is by how much.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:31 AM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	EV2ckrWUMAEdqwI.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	12462
Old 04-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #472
Blue Crack Supplier

Time for a break from your daily Covid-19 anxiety.

listen to the following 2 Youtube clips with your eyes closed:

Do we know who CC DeVille's real father is?
Old 04-18-2020, 12:41 PM   #473
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Final confirmation that MAGA voters are the specialest of snowflakes.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #474
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Jacksonville Beach in FL after reopening 5 PM today

Attachment 12461
Ugh! This will never end thanks to the countless of idiots like seen on the beach. Or the idiot governors like in South Dakota! Stupid stupid stupid!
Old 04-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #475
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/...143842312?s=21

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/...152631296?s=21

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/...489760768?s=21

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/...564140546?s=21

Some more detail and caution about the Santa Clara findings
Old 04-18-2020, 05:28 PM   #476
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Welp. Approaching the final days of my quarantine and no symptoms for either me or my son. His mom is recovered too after having a couple hospital scares, so my anxiety is getting better and better. The most amusing part is that last Saturday I pulled a muscle in my chest/shoulder area from working out, and forgot about it. 2 days later it started to hurt more and I immediately thought I had it. I don't suffer from anxiety but it's been a real trying couple of weeks wondering if every cough or sniffle was the start of something.
Great to hear you, and your son almost there, mikal!
Oh, yeah, I can imagine the sheer anxiety in general during your quarantine, and the extra anxiety of suddenly having increased pain in that area. Good luck with a full shoulder healing! (I had ripped rotator cuff bmuscles 20+ yes ago)

Quote:
I am loathe to agree with anything Trump says, but he is correct about potential lives being lost due to suicide, drug addiction, and more from this situation. I'm not saying that should be used as a justification to open things up again swiftly and haphazardly without proper protocols and precautions, just to make that clear.

But it is easy for people who are well off financially to say that things should be closed for a longer time. And it is easier for people who can work from home. But for others, no. And the stress is extreme.

As someone who already lived with mental health issues before all of this, I know what it's like. This situation has just made mine worse. And I am on medication and in therapy. I'm always open about that as my part of the effort to remove the stigma. These are health issues just like other health issues. And I hope that more people will be more empathetic and understanding now.
To you, hais, max, LN7 (did I miss anyone?) who've experienced physical symptoms of anxiety (esp the chest area) whether under these covid19 days, or as an ongoing condition I hear you.
MrsS I think I'm around 30+ yrs older to you so mental health issues were waaay more stigmatized when my dad had his first depression in the 70's Which I'm quite careful about revealing it to new people. It wasn't till the mid-90's when a 'perfect storm' of events happened I ended up with serious anxiety, PTSD, and major depression. I've discussed it at times waaay back in a different part of I-land, but not anywhere else. So here I am here, now: meds, therapy, too.
At least the serious chest tightening hasn't happened in a major way in decades, occasionally mild-moderate - I usually go to deep breathing, self-talk. Gotten shakes,
rare serious tingling from fingertips to elbows both arms, weakness, hyper vigelence, moderate to very strong brain fog. Good for you MrsS on stigma busting.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:36 PM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

Omg Trump is a rambling disaster in this briefing today. I know, he always is. But this might be worst so far.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #478
Blue Crack Addict

Now he's attacking Maggie Haberman
Old 04-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #479
Blue Crack Supplier

Req
Quote:
Seems like inciting violence to me...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE MINNESOTA!
11:21 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE MICHIGAN!
11:22 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!
11:25 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
this. This. THIS!

This is so wrong!!! Irresponsible. Scary. Dangerous! Fucking Bastard!

With many of his people - it is an incitement/invitation.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #480
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Omg Trump is a rambling disaster in this briefing today. I know, he always is. But this might be worst so far.
He is a spectacle, that's for sue.