Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you. Would love to see the study against the claim - this study is one piece of evidence suggested there’s no statistical evidence that it impacts mortality, though studying against the claim helps to understand if the treatment has any use whatsoever (as in, it could still be used in unison with other medications etc.).

Also curious if they did placebo or not.

I'm much more interested in studies that will soon start to emerge with public results regarding various possibly promising anti-virals. This is the first big game changer that we'll get before a vaccine comes out.

Every trial is equally important here. I wouldn’t be focused on trials that are honing in as vaccines. Treatments are way more important in the immediate sense, as the vaccines have a minimum study life of “definitely not right now.” But while they’re in development, a treatment could get us an expedited return to normalcy.

Every trial is equally important here. I wouldn’t be focused on trials that are honing in as vaccines. Treatments are way more important in the immediate sense, as the vaccines have a minimum study life of “definitely not right now.”

That's why I said I was interested in the anti-viral studies. Those are going to be helpful to us much sooner than vaccines.

Thank you. Would love to see the study against the claim - this study is one piece of evidence suggested there’s no statistical evidence that it impacts mortality, though studying against the claim helps to understand if the treatment has any use whatsoever (as in, it could still be used in unison with other medications etc.).

Also curious if they did placebo or not.

Many of these studies started before the claim was made, trials were already commenced using some treatments. There is a 4 arm study run across the UK that started before Trump was beginning to big up Hydroxychloroquine...we are seeing at least at my hospital similar results so far, in that we have had to take patients off the drug due to cardiac issues. We haven't had a patient complete treatment yet because of this on that arm of the study.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1250491829155500032?s=21

Look, it’s been long enough guys. We got roots of lawns and our heads that need to be tended to.

That's ridiculous. Your lawn doesn't have to look perfect, and I'm living with my awful roots and overgrown hair.

But I have seen online that the Michigan governor's order included vegetable seeds as being non essential. There are pictures of them being roped off in stores. I do think that's ridiculous and unfair. There are food shortages in stores, people should be able to grow their own vegetables. Yes of course you can buy that online, but the price is probably jacked up now and they're probably very scarce. Like toilet paper.

I am loathe to agree with anything Trump says, but he is correct about potential lives being lost due to suicide, drug addiction, and more from this situation. I'm not saying that should be used as a justification to open things up again swiftly and haphazardly without proper protocols and precautions, just to make that clear.

But it is easy for people who are well off financially to say that things should be closed for a longer time. And it is easier for people who can work from home. But for others, no. And the stress is extreme.

As someone who already lived with mental health issues before all of this, I know what it's like. This situation has just made mine worse. And I am on medication and in therapy. I'm always open about that as my part of the effort to remove the stigma. These are health issues just like other health issues. And I hope that more people will be more empathetic and understanding now.

That's why universal health care is imperative. Anything short of that means situations like this will continue to arise, where you are forced to needlessly risk your life just to get by financially.

Hilarious?

Trump White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Wednesday uncorked a scientifically illiterate rant about the coronavirus in which she blamed the World Health Organization for not having the situation better under control.

“This is COVID-19, not COVID-1, folks!” Conway said during an interview on “Fox & Friends.” “And so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization facts and figures should be on top of that right now.”

In reality, the “19” at the end of COVID-19 denotes it as a strain of the virus that was discovered in 2019, rather than marking it as the 19th overall strain of the virus.

Today I learned that Candace Owens shops at the same Whole Foods as I do, and that she's a dumb fuck who didn't want to wear a mask inside.

Please let me know if you'd like me to wave at her from inside the store next time, gzus
Selfish bitch! :angry:

How else would her 11 fans recognize her?
:lol:

Is there a reason that the US is slowing down testing?
I do know that hospital staff have been saying for a few days that they have/will shortly run out of the special swabs for the nose to test for it

I also heard today someone may have developed a successful saliva test for it. :crossedfingers:

Hilarious?

Trump White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Wednesday uncorked a scientifically illiterate rant about the coronavirus in which she blamed the World Health Organization for not having the situation better under control.

“This is COVID-19, not COVID-1, folks!” Conway said during an interview on “Fox & Friends.” “And so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization facts and figures should be on top of that right now.”

In reality, the “19” at the end of COVID-19 denotes it as a strain of the virus that was discovered in 2019, rather than marking it as the 19th overall strain of the virus.
jeeeeez :|:|:|

Hilarious?

Did you see her? She looked horrific.

Hilarious?

:der: :doh::banghead:

Wow.

I've already filed my taxes this year and my federal refund was direct deposited yesterday. Still no stimulus direct deposit. And I get the dreaded payment status not available when I check the status.

Leave it to our government to fuck this up, why not at this point. Trump will keep insisting there are no problems with it. It's annoying and frustrating to hear and read that so many other people had zero problems receiving theirs. Some people even received deposits of over a million dollars, and some received a withdrawal instead of a deposit. What a joke.

Gee, a way with words as always.

Maybe you could teach her how to do as she’s told, get in line, and “if everyone else is wearing a mask , put on a mask”!

Maybe you’ll get your chance if she runs against AOC.

Libs gonna keep on libbing.

Hey Gzus remember when someone here mentioned that tens of thousands would die due to this virus in the USA and you shrugged it off as alarmist propaganda? Well what do you have to say about that now? 28k plus deaths and counting. So yes looks like “tens of thousands” was correct!

Last edited:
Helps that she has a science background... She studied physics for 5 years at uni and has a PhD in chemistry I think.

Think it’s physics.

And yes she is very smart.

Having someone describe in clear terms what kind of quagmire (giggidy) we are in could go a long way in this country.

The coronavirus press briefings rarely have any actual virus information. It’s all who has slighted or praised Donald Trump.

Maybe getting someone to explain the math could help people make better decisions.

But this gives too much credit to our population.

The briefings would be much more effective if they went back to the first few days when they were run by Pence who regardless of how one feels about his politics keeps on point with facts, speaks clearly, doesn't have to be looking down at his notes 98% of the time and appears that his main concern is battling the virus not patting himself on the back. Pepper in Fauci, Birx, Adams and Giroir as needed for key medical facts.
No need for folks from CVS, Walmart and the My Pillow nut job at these briefings.
Once Trump saw people were paying attention, he had to jump in and make it all about himself.

Republicans sure are giddy to volunteer thousands of people to die so the economy can "get its mojo back". Pro-lifers all the way.

That photo of caskets that Headache is using should be used anytime anyone who votes for this immoral party starts to bray about abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom