Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2020, 12:52 AM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:52 PM
bottom line is how he meant it, not what he said.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:53 AM   #262
The Fly

Local Time: 08:52 PM
However the cause is thought to be zoonotic transmission from the wet markets. Ok if we know (or highley suspect) that that is the cause of this pandemic and others why hasn’t China shut them down. Look NPR, the Atlantic, and Maher aren’t conservative or racists, they are being objective. The wet matkets are one inhuman and cruel to animals to include dog’s and cat’s and are a giant zoonotic Petri dish that while covid 19 is bad there are much worse viruses and diseases that can come from animals than it. However we are allowing political correctness and dislike of a President paint our reality and preventing us from looking objectively at the source and the problem.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:56 AM   #263
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i don't understand why exactly where the virus came from matters so much to anyone except epidemiologists. just because we called the last big one the spanish flu (where it didn't even originate) that doesn't mean that this one absolutely must be known by its origin too.
It is important we do know- if as most scientists and doctors believe it came from the wet markets ( as did SARS, Bird flu and many others) it’s important- if we know the source we can prevent a worse disease in the future.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:07 AM   #264
The Fly

I am not saying our response was the best - but scientists in Hong Kong were calling for the wet markets to be closed after it was proven SARS came from similar markets - yet the Chinese GVT did nothing about it - this really is 100 percent the Chinese Governments fault. I guess what really shocks me is the duplicity in some (not all) liberals - if Guns caused this many deaths and hospitalizations they would rail non stop- yet wet markets are known to cause epidemics and very few want to blame them, Michael Vick was a monster they say for dog fighting (not saying he was a good guy at all) yet dogs and cats are skinned and eaten here along with endanger animals, shark fins are traded amongst other gross affronts to our societal values and we are more worried about how trump says something and yes maybe it is racist; but does his supposed racism change any if the facts in the ground that these wet markets caused this, the Chinese GVT tried to cover it up, further took no action back in 2007 after SARS came from the same Petrie dish. Yes be upset with Trump if you want but just remember the Chinese Premier has blood on his hands.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:10 AM   #265
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
It is important we do know- if as most scientists and doctors believe it came from the wet markets ( as did SARS, Bird flu and many others) it’s important- if we know the source we can prevent a worse disease in the future.
right, so like i said it very much matters to epidemiologists.

it really doesn't matter to people like you and me.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:12 AM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I am not saying our response was the best - but scientists in Hong Kong were calling for the wet markets to be closed after it was proven SARS came from similar markets - yet the Chinese GVT did nothing about it - this really is 100 percent the Chinese Governments fault. I guess what really shocks me is the duplicity in some (not all) liberals - if Guns caused this many deaths and hospitalizations they would rail non stop- yet wet markets are known to cause epidemics and very few want to blame them, Michael Vick was a monster they say for dog fighting (not saying he was a good guy at all) yet dogs and cats are skinned and eaten here along with endanger animals, shark fins are traded amongst other gross affronts to our societal values and we are more worried about how trump says something and yes maybe it is racist; but does his supposed racism change any if the facts in the ground that these wet markets caused this, the Chinese GVT tried to cover it up, further took no action back in 2007 after SARS came from the same Petrie dish. Yes be upset with Trump if you want but just remember the Chinese Premier has blood on his hands.
liberals should be equally mad about chinese people selling bats and tigers as they are about americans being murdered indiscriminately by gunfire, or else they're being duplicitous?
Old 04-12-2020, 01:14 AM   #267
The Fly

What facts does that change. It doesn’t change the fact it originated (or thought to have by mist scientists and doctors) in Wuhan China. Does it change the fact that China coveted it up, does it change the fact that they failed to ban wet markets after SARS came from them. Don’t let your hatred of Trump blind you to the Truth
Old 04-12-2020, 01:16 AM   #268
The Fly

So if you know the cause you wouldn’t want to stop it. You know mass shotings are a problem and I am sure you want guns banned. Why not this - this is a time bomb this virus could be mild compared to the next one.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:18 AM   #269
The Fly

Quote:
liberals should be equally mad about chinese people selling bats and tigers as they are about americans being murdered indiscriminately by gunfire, or else they're being duplicitous?
If not more mad because I would argue this is more serious. I just don’t see most on the left putting the blame where it needs to be because they thinks it’s cultureally insensitive and not pc. They let there hate if Trump (who I am not a fan of BTW) cloud everything
Old 04-12-2020, 01:19 AM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

i didn't dispute a single one of the facts you stated but okay sure, i hate donald trump so much that i'm blind to the truth that is contained in your very big brain.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:21 AM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

yes those duplicitous liberals are such hypocrites for not fighting tooth and nail to get chinese wet market control legislation passed in every state in america.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:24 AM   #272
The Fly

There are a lot of lessons to be learned here from the heresy of JIT fueled by Corp greed. To the logistical nightmare of our current globalized supply chain functionality in a crisis. To the fact that our key medical equipment and medicines are produced out the US. (As well as components for our arms and defense) and that our medical infrastructure can’t Handel a pandemic -to the fact china’s GVT caused this and the WHO lied; this should be a wake up call
Old 04-12-2020, 01:26 AM   #273
The Fly

Quote:
yes those duplicitous liberals are such hypocrites for not fighting tooth and nail to get chinese wet market control legislation passed in every state in america.
The Problem is since we are in China’s back pocket we cannot apply in real pressure to them. Further they refuse to accept the blame
Old 04-12-2020, 06:43 AM   #274
Blue Crack Distributor

To be fair we often hear from independent conservatives about the scourge of Scandinavian abortions.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:33 AM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:22 PM
Quote:
However the cause is thought to be zoonotic transmission from the wet markets. Ok if we know (or highley suspect) that that is the cause of this pandemic and others why hasn’t China shut them down. Look NPR, the Atlantic, and Maher aren’t conservative or racists, they are being objective. The wet matkets are one inhuman and cruel to animals to include dog’s and cat’s and are a giant zoonotic Petri dish that while covid 19 is bad there are much worse viruses and diseases that can come from animals than it. However we are allowing political correctness and dislike of a President paint our reality and preventing us from looking objectively at the source and the problem.

Haha, Maher not racist, that's cute.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:52 AM
Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

This is not surprising

https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/st...178707969?s=21

https://twitter.com/glennkirschner2/...893482497?s=21
Old 04-12-2020, 10:03 AM   #277
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
if Guns caused this many deaths and hospitalizations they would rail non stop- .
What do you mean "if"?
Guns cause about 37K US deaths annually. Covid-19 isn't there yet.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:11 PM   #278
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
To be fair we often hear from independent conservatives about the scourge of Scandinavian abortions.
I, as one independent conservative, certainly would if Scandinavian abortions were causing thousands of deaths in America.

More liberal blindness. MM is absolutely right, the Chinese government has blood on their hands for their lying and lack of response. This would NEVER have gone worldwide if they hadn’t lied and covered up for six weeks.

If they want their wet markets, then have them. But then keep all the epidemics it has caused over the years to yourselves.

America needs to manufacture more of their own goods , even if it costs more.

But liberals will say “it doesn’t matter where it started, but TRUMP........aaaahhhhh!!
Old 04-12-2020, 01:19 PM   #279
Blue Crack Supplier

Just another typical NYC spring.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:52 PM
You know you can both blame China AND humbly admit you don’t have a fucking clue whether or not their suppression tactics made a damn difference on the global spread of this disease.