Global Pandemic Part II: Sequel Escalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes those duplicitous liberals are such hypocrites for not fighting tooth and nail to get chinese wet market control legislation passed in every state in america.

There are a lot of lessons to be learned here from the heresy of JIT fueled by Corp greed. To the logistical nightmare of our current globalized supply chain functionality in a crisis. To the fact that our key medical equipment and medicines are produced out the US. (As well as components for our arms and defense) and that our medical infrastructure can’t Handel a pandemic -to the fact china’s GVT caused this and the WHO lied; this should be a wake up call

yes those duplicitous liberals are such hypocrites for not fighting tooth and nail to get chinese wet market control legislation passed in every state in america.
The Problem is since we are in China’s back pocket we cannot apply in real pressure to them. Further they refuse to accept the blame

However the cause is thought to be zoonotic transmission from the wet markets. Ok if we know (or highley suspect) that that is the cause of this pandemic and others why hasn’t China shut them down. Look NPR, the Atlantic, and Maher aren’t conservative or racists, they are being objective. The wet matkets are one inhuman and cruel to animals to include dog’s and cat’s and are a giant zoonotic Petri dish that while covid 19 is bad there are much worse viruses and diseases that can come from animals than it. However we are allowing political correctness and dislike of a President paint our reality and preventing us from looking objectively at the source and the problem.

Haha, Maher not racist, that's cute.

To be fair we often hear from independent conservatives about the scourge of Scandinavian abortions.

I, as one independent conservative, certainly would if Scandinavian abortions were causing thousands of deaths in America.

More liberal blindness. MM is absolutely right, the Chinese government has blood on their hands for their lying and lack of response. This would NEVER have gone worldwide if they hadn’t lied and covered up for six weeks.

If they want their wet markets, then have them. But then keep all the epidemics it has caused over the years to yourselves.

America needs to manufacture more of their own goods , even if it costs more.

But liberals will say “it doesn’t matter where it started, but TRUMP........aaaahhhhh!!

You know you can both blame China AND humbly admit you don’t have a fucking clue whether or not their suppression tactics made a damn difference on the global spread of this disease.

I, as one independent conservative, certainly would if Scandinavian abortions were causing thousands of deaths in America.

More liberal blindness. MM is absolutely right, the Chinese government has blood on their hands for their lying and lack of response. This would NEVER have gone worldwide if they hadn’t lied and covered up for six weeks.

If they want their wet markets, then have them. But then keep all the epidemics it has caused over the years to yourselves.

America needs to manufacture more of their own goods , even if it costs more.

But liberals will say “it doesn’t matter where it started, but TRUMP........aaaahhhhh!!
10virus-us-briefing-hartisland-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Just so you know, this picture will be my permanent response to you. So get used to it bubba

Do you guys remember when the flu killed 20,000 last year but coronavirus only killed 198??? Liberals and their overreactions.

Adjustments.JPG

Eureka...

independent conservative, spoken like a dumbass might be written as...

INDepeNDEnT COnseRvATIve

INDNDETCORATI

INDOCTRINATED

I finally understand

None, but Pelosi and her cronies haven't passed legislation this week to ban them throughout China so they are de facto defending and encouraging them.
I thought this was obvious.

If Pelosi would have spent less time impeaching the glorious leader and more time outlawing wet markets in foreign countries, we'd all be getting ready for Coachella right now.

It’s about forcing China to take responsibility. It’s about placing the blame where it belongs. If that were to happen China might actually close them. It’s about putting outrage towards what is actually outrageous. Instead of blaming everything on Trump, like him or dislike him this is not his fault. There is plenty of things to be mad about, why like our country is dependent on countries who really don’t like us or share our values for our medicine and medical supplies.

It’s about forcing China to take responsibility. It’s about placing the blame where it belongs. If that were to happen China might actually close them. It’s about putting outrage towards what is actually outrageous. Instead of blaming everything on Trump, like him or dislike him this is not his fault. There is plenty of things to be mad about, why like our country is dependent on countries who really don’t like us or share our values for our medicine and medical supplies.

Donald Trump is absolutely to blame regardinh his both chronic and acute lack of preparedness. I’m not sure what you’re getting at saying this isn’t his fault.

No, coronavirus is not his fault. But it is his fault that we are in first place. It is his fault that we are incredibly unprepared.

I don’t think it’s trumps fault that we outsourced our medical infrastructure to China

I don’t think it’s trumps fault that a globalized supply chain is failing.

I agree he should have reacted quicker, but I don’t know if any order president would have reacted differently. None of the European heads of states acted any different and there deaths per 100 our worse so far than ours. Abe in Japan didn’t . South Korea is really the only country that leaned forward in the fox hole.

Technically the first warning was in 2007 when scientists in Hong Kong warned that southern China was a time bomb waiting to explode with a virus worse than SARS. We as a country have been negligent (both parties, left and right) for allowing our nation to be unprepared.

I don’t think it’s trumps fault that we outsourced our medical infrastructure to China

I don’t think it’s trumps fault that a globalized supply chain is failing.

I agree he should have reacted quicker, but I don’t know if any order president would have reacted differently. None of the European heads of states acted any different and there deaths per 100 our worse so far than ours. Abe in Japan didn’t . South Korea is really the only country that leaned forward in the fox hole.

Technically the first warning was in 2007 when scientists in Hong Kong warned that southern China was a time bomb waiting to explode with a virus worse than SARS. We as a country have been negligent (both parties, left and right) for allowing our nation to be unprepared.

Explain to me the action where Donald Trump disbanded his pandemic task force.

Explain to me the actions where he was telling people we would be clear by easter. Explain to me the rhetoric where he was calling all of this a nothing-burger. Do you think none of these actions had severe ramifications for why the disease is rampant and the supplies are low? Blame globalism all you want. It doesn’t take that much effort to stock up in advance of a crisis.

Europe got caught with their pants down and made many of the same mistakes we did. Pointing at China out of anger, when Italy was the real crisis to fear. We had the opportunity to learn from them and we did not. Alas, many European countries are better prepared financially than we are, at least. Medically we are all in the same boat, but financially and economically we are destroying businesses and leaving people without jobs, and with enormous and unpayable medical debts.

You know what is a threat to capitalism? The illegitimacy of debt. You know what debt is illegitimate? Debt that cannot be paid. You know what debt cannot be paid? The debt of someone who doesn’t have a job and needs intensive care for COVID-19. That’s a lot of illegitimate debt.

Uhh if we are speaking of Europe, Germany is doing pretty well, even the financial crackpot that is Greece is doing very well....Austria, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Finland (all in comparison to the US) etc etc

There is also a generally interesting thing in that if you look at countries currently led by women, Germany, Denmark, Finland, New Zealand, Norway they have handled the situation with a lot more efficiency and clarity, locking down sooner and managing it better.

Last edited:
It’s odd, to me. This focus on making sure we aren’t too mean to Trump in all this.

Of course he didn’t invent the virus. But we had ample warning and he refused to start testing and (along with Fox News) predicted it would be gone by now because he didn’t want anything to affect the single argument for his re-election — the economy.

There’s also the whole “I’m giving supplies to governors that kiss my ass” thing.

No other president would behave this way.

The destruction to thousands of lives (soon to be 22,000) and destruction of the economy is On Trump.

As others have said other countries have done really well minimizing the damage.

But it’s not fair. We’re just the United States. We haven’t been boasting about being the best, the shining city on a hill, the country God blessed

What is it that you'd like to be done at this moment?

I think that it should be fairly obvious to all thinking people that after this all "ends", one way or another, the single largest change will be a move to diversify and localize your supply chain so to make it more resilient and sustainable. Businesses and governments will look to commit to local manufacturers, suppliers, etc for critical goods (not just PPE in healthcare, but anything critical to a business' function). China will be the obvious and main loser in that process, regardless of whether we all sneer "GYNA" as we do it like Trump, or do it as part of the ordinary course of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom