global pandemic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I invite you to to walk through one of these hospitals without any PPE to prove to all of us that this is a hoax.

Go on. Report back what you find.

Give him a couple of weeks first.

Every one of you who thinks this is an overreaction or a hoax, kindly DECLINE all medical care, do not enter a doctor's office, clinic, test site or God forbid, hospital.

Yes this means you NY, California, and Illinois.

I’m sorry it’s from FB, you guys prefer Twitter, but the information is truth

https://www.facebook.com/1593518174052711/posts/3594655270605648/?d=n

This is the perfect time to play math! Unfortunately you won’t understand it. Two weeks ago it was “it’s just like the flu lololol 20,000 infections vs 200,000,56885577,42256 a year.” You fucking moron, it’s breaking out still. In an exponential fashion. That exponential behavior will turn 400 in 1000 a day like italy, and then more and more until it levels out. If you don’t control it and the healthcare system can’t support demand, then you have an artificially high death rate of people who can be helped but aren’t getting help due to supply.

Id draw you a curve but you’re too thick to care.

You (and Candace Owens) have got to be kidding. You think what's happening is no big deal?
Don't know where you live, but it's going to come your way soon enough if it hasn't already.
Anybody who is trying to politicize this really ought to take a hard look at what's happening and realize how awful a person that makes them.

It's funny how the nearly 3000 dead on 9/11, which is really just a blip when one has a bit of perspective apparently, was reason enough to put countless lives in danger and invade countries.

None of these "independent conservatives" or even Republicans admit to voting for, or supporting George W Bush. Because you see, conservatism is never wrong, it's that W wasn't an actual conservative. THAT's why he got into all those wars.

Nobody voted for him, God knows how he managed to get elected, particularly the second time when SCOTUS didn't even play a role. It's as mysterious as a virgin giving birth to the Lord. Dubya just sort of materialized upon us, gave out massive tax cuts, started wars here, there and everywhere, but no sirree, nobody supported that!

Give it a decade, nobody will have voted for Trump either.

It's funny how the nearly 3000 dead on 9/11, which is really just a blip when one has a bit of perspective apparently, was reason enough to put countless lives in danger and invade countries.

It’s not even about the amount dead though. It’s about the amount that are going to die because of not being able to provide them the adequate care (and protection) they need. It will be more than 3000.

It’s not even about the amount dead though. It’s about the amount that are going to die because of not being able to provide them the adequate care (and protection) they need. It will be more than 3000.

Oh I know. At the current rate, the US will have well over a million cases by the time Trump wants to pack the churches.

What I meant to get at is that if there's a plain crash or something with a couple of hundred of dead Americans it's a day for national mourning, if it's 2000 covid19 deaths it's just 'oh well people die'.

This is the perfect time to play math! Unfortunately you won’t understand it. Two weeks ago it was “it’s just like the flu lololol 20,000 infections vs 200,000,56885577,42256 a year.” You fucking moron,

Now, now.

it’s breaking out still. In an exponential fashion.

It’s kind of shocking (ok, not really) how they don’t see this.

I admit that I do come in here extremely angry when I read the various apologies for the Democratic Party, and it does lead me to speak less eloquently and more emotionally. But I also fundamentally reject the idea that emotion need to be left to the side. It all reverts back to the whole "Sanders is bad because he uses populism, and Trump does too!" concept that many in the center love to embrace. Bloodlessly toeing the line of both-sidesism and how important compromise is doesn't appeal to me any longer. I don't know how you watch what happened in the last 40 years as the Republican Party dragged the center to the right, and the Democratic Party let a larger and larger corporate wing in, and then revert to the same evaluation of how compromise and "adults in the room" are the goal. There are no adults in the room any longer.

I also disagree with the idea that we aren't disagreeing on principles. By "we," I mean myself and most Democrat politicians, but still. There are principles the Democratic Party consistently sells out to the Republicans. I fundamentally view the ACA as better than its predecessors, but very marginally. It's Republican healthcare. It views some people are deserving of being bankrupted by healthcare costs.

Mean-testing is a Demcoratic tenant, and means testing propels forward an idea that human rights are a moving target. Those aren't tactics. Those are principles.

You still haven't answered my question. In Trump's (Life forbid) 2nd term b/c maaaybe enuff of you "progressives" didn't for vote (probably) Biden and tipped the balance in the wrong in key districts - when he slashes food stamps - you gonna help pay some of my food bills. Hmm?

Last edited:
I invite you to to walk through one of these hospitals without any PPE to prove to all of us that this is a hoax.

Go on. Report back what you find.
We'll wait.

This is the perfect time to play math! Unfortunately you won’t understand it. Two weeks ago it was “it’s just like the flu lololol 20,000 infections vs 200,000,56885577,42256 a year.” You fucking moron, it’s breaking out still. In an exponential fashion. That exponential behavior will turn 400 in 1000 a day like italy, and then more and more until it levels out. If you don’t control it and the healthcare system can’t support demand, then you have an artificially high death rate of people who can be helped but aren’t getting help due to supply.

Id draw you a curve but you’re too thick to care.
Heh.

You (and Candace Owens) have got to be kidding. You think what's happening is no big deal?
Don't know where you live, but it's going to come your way soon enough if it hasn't already.
Anybody who is trying to politicize this really ought to take a hard look at what's happening and realize how awful a person that makes them.
Yup.

As someone who 1) worked for a yr in the NE corner with windows of the South Tower on the 73rd flr who could look down and see the drop 20 yrs before 9/11 whose agency luckily left a few yrs later.
2) Was luckly enough to have overslept as so to not be in Lower Manhattan as I would have been instead saw the cloud of death from Brooklyn, have it sail above us for the next day or so with the winds that way.
3) Had 3 people in my circle escape death b/c not being in/or right next to the buildings...

I resent your comparison.

While I did support the Afghanistan War, I never voted for Bush 2 (or 1), and totally demonstrated against the Iraq War.

It is true though that we take the 50,000 or so deaths every cold and flu season for granted, as if they're an unpreventable mathematical certainty. If there is a silver lining to this pandemic, it is the increased focus on voluntary measures that can prevent the spread of disease by no small percentage.

It is true though that we take the 50,000 or so deaths every cold and flu season for granted, as if they're an unpreventable mathematical certainty. If there is a silver lining to this pandemic, it is the increased focus on voluntary measures that can prevent the spread of disease by no small percentage.

For sure but if the flu killed 100,000 people because hospitals weren’t prepared, that’s a 50,000 person travesty.

Do me a favor. You think you and the person you're linking to here are so right and know it all, can see "the truth" about this pandemic and all that?

Fine. I want you to go to every single person who is sick with this, and the loved ones of every single person who've died from this thus far, and tell them that you think this is all "overblown", or a "hoax", or any of the other insane bullshit descriptions you want to spew about this. Tell them to their faces. I would LOVE to see what reaction you'd receive. I'm sure those people would really appreciate hearing this is all part of some overblown conspiracy or hoax.

Or, better yet, you and everyone else who continues to spout this kind of bullshit could just, y'know, shut the hell up and go away.

Do me a favor. You think you and the person you're linking to here are so right and know it all, can see "the truth" about this pandemic and all that?

Fine. I want you to go to every single person who is sick with this, and the loved ones of every single person who've died from this thus far, and tell them that you think this is all "overblown", or a "hoax", or any of the other insane bullshit descriptions you want to spew about this. Tell them to their faces. I would LOVE to see what reaction you'd receive. I'm sure those people would really appreciate hearing this is all part of some overblown conspiracy or hoax.

Or, better yet, you and everyone else who continues to spout this kind of bullshit could just, y'know, shut the hell up and go away.

Yes to all of this.

:hmm: Actually, sthuaga is the best option. And you can pronounce it as a "word".

Sss-thug-goo-ah-ga :D :up:

Last edited:

Wow this is some ground breaking shit! Every governor and mayor in the country all decided to get together in a secret meeting and decide to extort the government for something they have always wanted... face masks and respirators. bwaahahahahahaaaa... Oh yes. This has been a plan a loooong time in the making. And it is finally coming to fruition.

All they had to do was hold super secret meetings with China over a year ago, and get them to create a virus that would crash the global economy and kill tens of thousands of people. Then once it reached the US, They would jump into action.

Sure the state and cities would lose millions, some billions of dollars and send unemployment to record levels and shutter businesses and schools for a long period of time, maybe shattering their state and local budgets for years to come, but that's ok. They will finally receive those sweet sweet respirators and facemasks!!!!

And the best part is that they won't even really use them, because you know, it's only like 5 more people a day that the hospitals are having to take care of. They just want to hold this medical equipment in large storage facilities and go sit and look at it while they have a glass of scotch and cigar, satisfied that the plan all fell into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom