global pandemic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump and his goons simply don’t care about any of us. It’s all about them and staying elected.[\QUOTE]

The virus doesn’t distinguish between us and them.

And I’m good with my odds as compared to Trump’s.

That Atlantic article does bring up some stark choices for people. I know sick pay is pretty crap for people in the US, but even over here with the growth of the gig economy and zero hour contracts, it is going to have an affect.

Official gov advice is to go claim benefits if you are one of those people and have to go off sick, but it takes 5 weeks or so to actually start getting money. What is your Uber driver or food delivery person meant to do in the meantime?

One can only hope that if the virus strikes us bad it leads to a sea change in attitudes regarding some of the protections that are needed in society.

Last edited:
ESL9RAqU8AAnfMp

The is obviously a Chinese plot, perhaps with the Iranians assisting.
Get it to Pense (with sleeper agent), he will transmit to Trump. At their age, mortality rate is very high.

Sacrifice thousands of Chinese and some high-officials in the Iranian government to avert any suspicion.

Spains first confirmed death from the virus died three weeks ago and the tests are only now showing that they had the virus.

And Seattle has a similar situation with somebody who died only being confirmed as having the virus a week later.

In my mind that means it is already much more widespread than people already know.

Spains first confirmed death from the virus died three weeks ago and the tests are only now showing that they had the virus.

And Seattle has a similar situation with somebody who died only being confirmed as having the virus a week later.

In my mind that means it is already much more widespread than people already know.

Agreed. I really get the impression that this is way beyond controlling, and the dangerous nature of some showing side effects and others not is really masking how many people have it.

Predictions are 70% of the world population will get this at some point.

WHO just announced they believe the death rate is now 3.4% but not really sure what has led them to this prediction.

I'm glad that President Trump is on top of this. The virus doesn't stand a chance against the interest rate cut!!!

Predictions are 70% of the world population will get this at some point.

WHO just announced they believe the death rate is now 3.4% but not really sure what has led them to this prediction.

I'm glad that President Trump is on top of this. The virus doesn't stand a chance against the interest rate cut!!!

They are just basing the rate on the current known number of infections and the current known deaths caused by it, 90k infections 3.1k deaths. I expect that mortality rate to be a wee bit lower because I think there are a lot more infections out there than we know.

But it is going to vary region by region, like Italy is probably going to have an overall higher mortality rate I think just because their population is more elderly (23% over 65).

They are just basing the rate on the current known number of infections and the current known deaths caused by it, 90k infections 3.1k deaths. I expect that mortality rate to be a wee bit lower because I think there are a lot more infections out there than we know.

But it is going to vary region by region, like Italy is probably going to have an overall higher mortality rate I think just because their population is more elderly (23% over 65).

And in Iran it’s probably really high right now (and in the US) because there’s a general failure to contain, so more cases will appear/already exist but are not diagnosed.

Aye we won't likely have a proper mortality rate for it until another few months have gone by.

Also it looks like in Washington state there was a failure to contain the virus in a home for elderly people, and now multiple of them have died and been infected.

I wonder how much effect sanctions have had on the severity of the situation in Iran.

Iran’s initial response to this was criminally negligent in my opinion. That’s what’s to blame here.

Iran’s initial response to this was criminally negligent in my opinion. That’s what’s to blame here.

Negligent I’m not so sure. While countries like Iran and Lebanon etc. aren’t “third world counties” per say, they do lack the infrastructure to be able to do anything about such an issue. It’s entirely likely that they’re in total uncontrolled outbreak and that’s that.

Negligent I’m not so sure. While countries like Iran and Lebanon etc. aren’t “third world counties” per say, they do lack the infrastructure to be able to do anything about such an issue. It’s entirely likely that they’re in total uncontrolled outbreak and that’s that.

Their government publicly called quarantines “archaic” and declared that they do not work.

They covered up their epicentre.

They failed to provide supplies in an effort to cover up how massive this was.

They harassed and interrogated and shut down media and journalists.

Yes they have limited resources but there is a lot more happening there than lack of $ and infrastructure. It’s a government beset by one scandal after another trying to save face and failing.

We can say Iran and US have shared values in regards to this crisis

We can say Iran and US have shared values in regards to this crisis

Their government publicly called quarantines “archaic” and declared that they do not work.

They covered up their epicentre.

They failed to provide supplies in an effort to cover up how massive this was.

They harassed and interrogated and shut down media and journalists.

Yes they have limited resources but there is a lot more happening there than lack of $ and infrastructure. It’s a government beset by one scandal after another trying to save face and failing.

As BEAL sort of hinted at... don’t be surprised if that’s what happens in the US.

The US is even worse than Iran because there is no funding/infrastructure excuse that they can conjure up.

It's 100% Trump administration incompetence.

I'm not sure it's incompetence but more intentional. We mean nothing to these people. Trump cares about nothing but himself. He's surrounded by people who probably believe this is one of the Seven Signs, or coming End Times/Days.

I really believe this is a means to widen the gap even further of the Have's and Have Not's

I'm not sure it's incompetence but more intentional. We mean nothing to these people. Trump cares about nothing but himself. He's surrounded by people who probably believe this is one of the Seven Signs, or coming End Times/Days.

I really believe this is a means to widen the gap even further of the Have's and Have Not's

100% agree that they don't care.

But they also don't understand basic scientific concepts and as such are actually incapable of making informed (much less intelligent) decisions. They don't understand how vaccines work, or even what vaccines are. They don't understand the scientific process, R&D or constraints of current technology. To Trump, everything is transactional, so he thinks that vaccines will be made overnight and in quantities to meet demand because that's how products are made and that's how money is made. There is no intellectual curiosity in any of these idiots.

This is a result of decades of the right looking down at science with derision, like it's some sort of chai latte for the coastal elites and not a thing that they have any interest in at all. You have Pence praying things away, something that would not just be mocked in the rest of the western world, but looked at with extreme contempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom