global pandemic - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2020, 07:37 AM   #81
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:19 PM
Got about $300 in non-perishables in case things get out of hand. Should be good for a bit. Not really looking to leave the house much over the next few weeks unless I absolutely have to.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:58 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:19 PM
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...tm_name=iossmf

Old 03-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This aspect needs to be highlighted and talked about MUCH more often.

Seriously, if for no other reason, the Trump administration should be concerned about this virus on an economic level. Trump's constantly out there touting the economy as proof of how "great" his presidency is, and it's (supposedly) the main reason he still has supporters.

But the longer this administration fumbles around with a proper response to this crisis, and the more of an impact it has on the economy, well...
Old 03-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

His strategy is clearly based upon the economy imo. He’s buying time by downplaying the impact because the economy is responding to fears rather than actual losses. By shrugging it off he’s trying to “reassure” the market that it’s no big deal.

It’s a bad idea because it sure as fuck looks like we are in for a global spread. Just isn’t a controllable virus of 80% of the carriers show mild or no symptoms.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #85
The Fly

Local Time: 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
His strategy is clearly based upon the economy imo. He’s buying time by downplaying the impact because the economy is responding to fears rather than actual losses. By shrugging it off he’s trying to “reassure” the market that it’s no big deal.

It’s a bad idea because it sure as fuck looks like we are in for a global spread. Just isn’t a controllable virus of 80% of the carriers show mild or no symptoms.
I wonder how long it's actually been in the US. I saw something that said it was in WA for at least 6 weeks already. How many people who that thought they had the flu might have had the CV?

Someone else on this thread made a very good point that he deaths in China were compounded by the horrible air pollution and high smoking rates.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:21 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah that’s one of the theories behind the 3:2 death ratio in men to women I’ve heard.

Some are saying most chinese men smoke and most Chinese women do not. Others are saying women have naturally stronger immune systems as a strength for child birth.

Really crazy to see all of this evolve in real time. I’m not too worried about contracting it myself but I am worried for my parents etc.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Maximus View Post
Someone else on this thread made a very good point that he deaths in China were compounded by the horrible air pollution and high smoking rates.
That was me - there is a Lancet article I'd have to search for now but I believe it was published in 2017 and the smoking rates in China were something like 67% men and 3% women. Massive.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post

I am worried for my parents etc.

This is where I'm at. My mom is 67, and gets pnemonia multiple times a year. She's also a former smoker, and although she quit back in 2003 she smoked for a very long time.

My dad is 68 and gets horrible sinus colds often. He's been smoking since he was 13. He's very active, and i honestly have no idea how he does all the cardio stuff he does

But this virus would seem like a really bad thing for them compared to other people their age and non smoker
Old 03-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Yeah, my mom's 63, and she's had a couple nasty bouts with pneumonia in the past (they've been years apart, but still). She's never smoked, though-nobody in my family does, and is otherwise generally pretty healthy, so hopefully that helps her chances some.

And then there's my sister, who's 31 and works in a hospital. She works in the office, but still, hospital setting, that's an obvious risk right there, too. She's diabetic, which I could see causing some possible added issues were she to get it.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:55 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

global pandemic

https://twitter.com/heidinbc/status/...753940992?s=21

Trump and his goons simply don’t care about any of us. It’s all about them and staying elected.

https://twitter.com/squawkcnbc/statu...376419328?s=21
Old 03-02-2020, 02:08 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

[QUOTE=BEAL;8325157]

Trump and his goons simply don’t care about any of us. It’s all about them and staying elected.[\QUOTE]

The virus doesn’t distinguish between us and them.

And I’m good with my odds as compared to Trump’s.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

No women on the coronavirus task force either. Surprised that Trump didn't appoint Ivanka.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ER-gmAZW4AEhEVL.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	12418
Old 03-03-2020, 03:32 AM   #93
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:19 AM
That Atlantic article does bring up some stark choices for people. I know sick pay is pretty crap for people in the US, but even over here with the growth of the gig economy and zero hour contracts, it is going to have an affect.

Official gov advice is to go claim benefits if you are one of those people and have to go off sick, but it takes 5 weeks or so to actually start getting money. What is your Uber driver or food delivery person meant to do in the meantime?

One can only hope that if the virus strikes us bad it leads to a sea change in attitudes regarding some of the protections that are needed in society.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/jenniferjjacobs/...947558915?s=21

Oops
Old 03-03-2020, 12:06 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:19 PM

The is obviously a Chinese plot, perhaps with the Iranians assisting.
Get it to Pense (with sleeper agent), he will transmit to Trump. At their age, mortality rate is very high.

Sacrifice thousands of Chinese and some high-officials in the Iranian government to avert any suspicion.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:48 PM   #96
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Spains first confirmed death from the virus died three weeks ago and the tests are only now showing that they had the virus.

And Seattle has a similar situation with somebody who died only being confirmed as having the virus a week later.

In my mind that means it is already much more widespread than people already know.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:11 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
Spains first confirmed death from the virus died three weeks ago and the tests are only now showing that they had the virus.

And Seattle has a similar situation with somebody who died only being confirmed as having the virus a week later.

In my mind that means it is already much more widespread than people already know.

Agreed. I really get the impression that this is way beyond controlling, and the dangerous nature of some showing side effects and others not is really masking how many people have it.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:44 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Predictions are 70% of the world population will get this at some point.

WHO just announced they believe the death rate is now 3.4% but not really sure what has led them to this prediction.

I'm glad that President Trump is on top of this. The virus doesn't stand a chance against the interest rate cut!!!
Old 03-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:19 PM
When the end is nigh, it helps to be led by a very stable genius.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

I bet that rate will come down again once they realize just how bad the situation is in Iran.